ADVERTISEMENT

With OL Iowa is set up for a potential 2yr run

Could be, but he was a center. Seems like he'll get his opportunity.
While its certainly possible it just seems that MM was lured here when he decommitted from Texas, and from the jump every thing involving him is that he'll be at center. He was running with the 2nd or 3rd team and he just got on campus a few weeks ago. Either way, a good problem to have. As nice as it would be, I'll be shocked if Lindy is back next season given all the pub he's getting currently....

Reactions: BBHawk
Going to be hard for Schott to win back the RG spot from Britt. Britt has been rock solid so far. Schott is dealing with a foot injury that doesn't seem to want to heal 100%. Not sure if he will be 100% this season. Could be out for both Indiana and ISU. Stinks because many were expecting Schott to be a top 6 guard in the conference along with Ince. There is also a possibility Richman wins the LT spot and Plumb moves either to RT or a guard spot. I always thought Plumb had a higher upside at guard. He moves better there. DeJong has days where he is on fire then he has some rough days. Richman can go toe to toe with VanValkenburg at times.

Last comment I heard from and ex player and family member was "I can't remember an Iowa offensive line that was this fluid and had guys that could play multiple positions at a high level." Iowa will be fine this year once they work out their timing and get into sync. If DeJong is having problems Plumb or Ince can slide in. Colby isn't that far behind either. Iowa has three options to fill in at LT. At guard Plumb and Richman can rotate in. At C Britt can fill in. When Schott gets back he adds to the depth at Guard. Coaches feel Richman, Plumb, Ince, Baum, Britt, and DeJong, are all playing at a high level and ready for B1G play. Colby isn't that far behind. Schott when healthy is a high end starter at guard. For preseason that is some pretty good depth. Other youngster will catch up by mid-season. Elsbury and Davidkov are also ahead of schedule.

Going to be hard for Schott to win back the RG spot from Britt. Britt has been rock solid so far. Schott is dealing with a foot injury that doesn't seem to want to heal 100%. Not sure if he will be 100% this season. Could be out for both Indiana and ISU. Stinks because many were expecting Schott to be a top 6 guard in the conference along with Ince. There is also a possibility Richman wins the LT spot and Plumb moves either to RT or a guard spot. I always thought Plumb had a higher upside at guard. He moves better there. DeJong has days where he is on fire then he has some rough days. Richman can go toe to toe with VanValkenburg at times.

Last comment I heard from and ex player and family member was "I can't remember an Iowa offensive line that was this fluid and had guys that could play multiple positions at a high level." Iowa will be fine this year once they work out their timing and get into sync. If DeJong is having problems Plumb or Ince can slide in. Colby isn't that far behind either. Iowa has three options to fill in at LT. At guard Plumb and Richman can rotate in. At C Britt can fill in. When Schott gets back he adds to the depth at Guard. Coaches feel Richman, Plumb, Ince, Baum, Britt, and DeJong, are all playing at a high level and ready for B1G play. Colby isn't that far behind. Schott when healthy is a high end starter at guard. For preseason that is some pretty good depth. Other youngster will catch up by mid-season. Elsbury and Davidkov are also ahead of schedule.

Glad you mentioned Elsbury because he was an undervalued recruit. Plumb was decent to good last year so Richman must be playing lights out but he's going to be thrown into the fire early. He's our next star after TL leaves. I didn't like how DeJong got beat by Evans in the limited footage from from the kids day... I hope he gets better.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT