ADVERTISEMENT

With Penn State on the horizon, I just can't seem to reconcile the NCAA pulverizing SMU...

Pray to baby Jesus that a tragedy like this doesn't happen to other fan bases. I'm proud of my time at Penn State, I received a great education , made tons if lifelong contacts and moved on to serve my country for 20 years. I'm as discussted as anyone else with the actions of Sandusky. I have young children. He'd be dead if it we're my kids.

I've spent too much time trying to figure out where it went wrong. Honestly at this point. I don't care. Everyone from the state , Schools , secondmile and Penn State failed. All I know is that my school is more than that.

Take pop shots as you wish , I hope it never happens to you , or your kids or love ones. In all , it makes sports in general feel pretty small. Everything that happened , is a tragedy. Hopefully , the amount of publicity it received can raise awareness and prevent it from happening again. Good luck next week in the game, hopefully we get a good show and everyone moves on to the next week healthy.

LOL. It was hilarious to wake up this morning and see this thread 4-pages long. You guys went all night!

All I know is that at the next hospital board meeting, I'm making a motion to add "No raping little boys in the showers" to the by-laws, so that it's very clear that that specific thing is frowned upon and subject to disciplinary action.

Given the following Facts:
  • Paterno received a vague untimely report of potential abuse with an unknown victim (who is on the record saying nothing happened that night) and followed state law, university policy and current NCAA policy. JVP was never charged with a crime, and in fact was praised by the attorney general for his actions.
  • The PSU admins were not convicted on any of the cover-up charges. Two plead guilty to the misdemeanor EWC charges because they feared a tainted (i.e. see this ignorant board) jury pool and were promised no jail time. The third will win on appeal, as the lead juror called his late Friday verdict a "mistake".
  • PSU sent the vague untimely report of potential abuse to Sandusky's employer at the second mile, a mandatory reporter, who told Jerry to wear swim trunks.
It's curious that some on this board want to shame the people who did exactly what they were supposed to do and ignore the true villains. I understand why the media does it, for ratings. But why would some folks in the middle of a corn field follow something so closely, yet still mangle the facts to keep the spotlight pointed at the wrong people? Such strange behavior makes us wonder... what are you hiding? Sounds like you're trying to point out a big fire to hope people don't see your small fire.

Reactions: Hotshoe
If they chose to ignore it then why did they inform the mandated reporter at the 2nd Mile? Sandusky had been investigated and cleared prior to the incident on campus. With that knowledge and McQueery's vague (and ever-changing) description of what he witnessed, they didn't comprehend what was happening (see former AG Thornburg's report). As I said, mistakes were made, but there was no conspiracy to protect the football program.

There "was no conspiracy to protect the football program.". What? This entire debacle was all about protecting your precious football program. You're living in a dream world my friend. You're in denial.

You guys are having so much fun. This is Penn State week and you all get to soap box and feel so morally superior but the fact of the matter is you're not truly great at anything and we're great at alot of things. It's hard I know, being sucky at most stuff including an impossibly piss poor geographic location. But go ahead and blow hard all week and take your beat down like men.....which by the way, I happen to be.....sig names like sig pics can be deceiving

"piss poor geographic location.". LOL. You're trying way too hard.

They violated their own rules. Jesus, son, don't you read? They has to give back the wins and drop the sanctions. The NCAA BROKE more NCAA rules than PSU ever did.

It happened years ago, and was clearly explained then, to those capable of understanding it. Appears not to include you.

I'm pleased that they acted and PSU paid.

Sorry bro, "I followed the protocol I was instructed in" doesn't get JoPa off the hook. JoPa and EVERYONE that had knowledge of even allegations of what Sandusky was doing should have revoked all access to PSU campus and affiliation. Joe and the admin had all the power to keep Sandusky from using PSU to perpetuate his crime and did not. There is no way JoPa will ever wash that stain off his soul.
Yes, there were people who could have stopped Sandusky sooner, but these were the pa state agency responsible for protecting children, police investigators, and politicians.

Yes, there were people who could have stopped Sandusky sooner, but these were the pa state agency responsible for protecting children, police investigators, and politicians.

OMG! Are you seriously saying that since a few people with the football program made some vague reports, that the entire university is completely off the hook for enabling Sandusky to continue his predatory ways?

Unreal how blind team colors can make people.

The officials at penn state knew. They were punished . Psu paid damages to reputable victims .
The fans defending penn state here are nuts.
The fans still bringing this up are pathetic and jealous , and probably as nuts.
For those that mentioned that the NCAA broke their own rules to sanction psu, they're right.
That sums it up pretty well.

Vague, untimely report of child rape on campus.

You people simply amaze me.

Ok, still waiting for the example of a vague report of child rape.

Oh, but it was untimely too. When exactly is a good time to get such a report delivered? So it was untimely, so Joe sent the redhead away and took his nap.

Makes sense to you guys. Doesn't make sense to anyone else.

I too hope this doesn't happen on another college campus. But, if it does, what I really hope is that the leaders of that University do not put temporary bad PR for their football program over the safety of innocent kids.

Guess thinking like that makes me a douche to Marisa. It will be a great struggle, but I will manage to go through life without counting Marisa as a friend.

with the "death penalty" in the 1980s, a penalty that they have never fully recovered from, and the fact that Penn State was treated so much more delicately and continues to thrive as a program.

Just can't help but to marvel at that...

Relax. Have some FUN. Cael and the boys send their regards.

You've been wrong every step of the way with this scandal, from day 1. I'm surprised you have the strength to strike a keyboard at this point. Let me see if I can reconstruct the evolution of your bull shit.
There's no way Coach Sandusky did those things - WRONG!
There's no way Joe knew - WRONG
The NCAA has no jurisdiction - WRONG
There will be no criminal charges - WRONG
Mike McQ is lying, he won't stand up to cross examination on the stand - WRONG
There's no way that Mike McQ will win a civil suit - WRONG
There is no way this is going to trial - WRONG
There is no way that any of them will plead guilty - WRONG
There is no way they will be convicted - WRONG
LMFAO @ you. You should change your screen name to Cantgetright@PedSt

Thanks for proving you're a dumb ass.

Relax. Have some FUN. Cael and the boys send their regards.

Oooh, you think that hurt? Shows once again what is first and foremost at PSU.

More to life than winning in College Athletics, Son.

Some kids got their lives stripped from them in the name of College Athletics at PSU. Yeah, keep bragging about those wins, that sure is something to be proud of.

For the PSU fans saying Sandusky would be dead if he did that to your kid. Well, now address your feelings if you found out PSU leaders knew about Sandusky before he raped your kid.

Still want to give them a free pass?

Still think Sandusky was the only "bad guy" in the ordeal?

Reactions: Ski
No, turds like you do. By making up lying bullshit.
My "lying bullshit" has been supported by several juries, emails and documents. The ones that you and the rest of humanities low lifes spend thousands of hours parsing to make your worship of Paterno and PSU football, not be a life long lie.

My "lying bullshit" has been supported by several juries, emails and documents. The ones that you and the rest of humanities low lifes spend thousands of hours parsing to make your worship of Paterno and PSU football, not be a life long lie.

Your bullshit is supported by nothing but lies and fantasies.

Go get someone to change your diaper and wipe your ass.

Your bullshit is supported by nothing but lies and fantasies.

Go get someone to change your diaper and wipe your ass.
Lol. Sure. Your lies and fantasies have been destroyed by the Pennsylvania judicial system. But I'm the one that can't get right?
How is that Paterno lawsuit coming?
When is Mike McQ gonna be destroyed in cross examination?
Can we still expect all charges to be dropped against Curly/Shultz/Spannier?
Are they still planning on filing charges against the PSU BOT?
Is the former Pennsylvania Governor going to be charged with conspiracy?
Did the Paterno's file a lawsuit against him and the BOT?

Lol. Sure. Your lies and fantasies have been destroyed by the Pennsylvania judicial system. But I'm the one that can't get right?
How is that Paterno lawsuit coming?
When is Mike McQ gonna be destroyed in cross examination?
Can we still expect all charges to be dropped against Curly/Shultz/Spannier?
Are they still planning on filing charges against the PSU BOT?
Is the former Pennsylvania Governor going to be charged with slander/libel?
Did the Paterno's file a lawsuit against him and the BOT?

Link where a jury convicted Paterno or Penn State.

You dumb ass.

Link where a jury convicted Paterno or Penn State.

You dumb ass.
I didn't say a jury did either of those things. I said juries have destroyed your fantasies. You can't comprehend what you read and I'm the dumb ass? Lol. Keep posting, pedo boy. We are enjoying the fact that posters like you represent PSU on other boards.

I've read a couple pages of this so I apologize if this has already been stated. Let me add that I also understand that a lot of this is standard message board blowhard talk and purposeful ignorance.
That said, if there are people here that honestly think there was a real coverup, consider that witness reported the incident first to his father and his father's friend (a dr.). They didn't feel like what was told to them required immediate action so they told him to tell the football coach in the morning. The coach took that information and moved it up the chain of command to the people at the university who were mandated to handle these situations. These guys shared the information with head of Jerry's charity organization who responded by telling Sandusky to wear swim trunks when showering with kids from them on. The witness himself (at the time a 27-year old man) never expressed disapproval with what was being done and was never told to keep the incident quiet. In fact he never went to the police, instead not having contact with them until ten years later when they had to approach him.
Let me ask you honestly, does it seem more likely that all of these people (the witness, his own father, the family friend doctor, a football coach, two school administrators, the head of a charity organization) all participated in a cover up or that the witness' story became more clear ten years later when approached by police.

Oh, but it was untimely too. When exactly is a good time to get such a report delivered? So it was untimely, so Joe sent the redhead away and took his nap.

I too hope this doesn't happen on another college campus. But, if it does, what I really hope is that the leaders of that University do not put temporary bad PR for their football program over the safety of innocent kids.

Guess thinking like that makes me a douche to Marisa. It will be a great struggle, but I will manage to go through life without counting Marisa as a friend.

It happened at Michigan State. When are they being sanctioned?

Reactions: dalions81
There "was no conspiracy to protect the football program.". What? This entire debacle was all about protecting your precious football program. You're living in a dream world my friend. You're in denial.

Look up the results of the trials, there was no conspiracy. Plus it never made sense, why would PSU have to cover up for an ex-employee that no one really liked (especially JVP) to protect football? Turning him in, had they known, would have been good publicity. But hey, thinking that a cover up of CSA happened sure helps you feel better about your crappy life.

OMG! Are you seriously saying that since a few people with the football program made some vague reports, that the entire university is completely off the hook for enabling Sandusky to continue his predatory ways?

What kind of report could they make!?!?! All they received was a vague report, they also revoked his university privileges. Do you know how many victims claimed abuse after PSU became involved in 2001... you might want to look it up before you act like you know what you are talking about again. Where is you anger at the state agencies that cleared him before PSU was involved, and are responsible for all subsequent victims?

Dumbass... you are the only one using the word rape. Not one person testified to witnessing or receiving a report of rape. JS was not found guilty of raping any victim on PSU property. Read this very carefully... PSU received an untimely vague report of potential child abuse. Untimely as in the next day, when there was no crime in progress. It was never a football issue, and JVP followed state law, university policy, and current NCAA guidelines.

Reactions: wentzel25
I'm disgusted by what I hope is a minority of Penn State fans, the type that populate BWI. I'm also disappointed the conference didn't kick PSU out and invite Pitt to take their place back when this was all discovered.

Are you guys still trying to get your Paterno statue back? I also hope that's just a minority opinion.

I'm disgusted by what I hope is a minority of Penn State fans, the type that populate BWI. I'm also disappointed the conference didn't kick PSU out and invite Pitt to take their place back when this was all discovered.

Are you guys still trying to get your Paterno statue back? I also hope that's just a minority opinion.

I'm disgusted by what I hope is a minority of Iowa fans, stuck in 2012 with an outdated false narrative, ignoring reality, including the outcome of actual trials. The problems with the state professionals (DPW/CYS/TSM) that lead to every victim being abused still exist because they have been ignored for the "Penn State hook".

So by all means, please keep blaming PSU because they have a better football program, instead of those actually at fault. That makes you an enabler.

I've read a couple pages of this so I apologize if this has already been stated. Let me add that I also understand that a lot of this is standard message board blowhard talk and purposeful ignorance.
That said, if there are people here that honestly think there was a real coverup, consider that witness reported the incident first to his father and his father's friend (a dr.). They didn't feel like what was told to them required immediate action so they told him to tell the football coach in the morning. The coach took that information and moved it up the chain of command to the people at the university who were mandated to handle these situations. These guys shared the information with head of Jerry's charity organization who responded by telling Sandusky to wear swim trunks when showering with kids from them on. The witness himself (at the time a 27-year old man) never expressed disapproval with what was being done and was never told to keep the incident quiet. In fact he never went to the police, instead not having contact with them until ten years later when they had to approach him.
Let me ask you honestly, does it seem more likely that all of these people (the witness, his own father, the family friend doctor, a football coach, two school administrators, the head of a charity organization) all participated in a cover up or that the witness' story became more clear ten years later when approached by police.
The Akums Razor Defense, the simplest explanation is more likely, so are you saying that this defense is proof that the witness lied? Stacked up with the "following protocol defense" that makes it an open and shut case? Its that simple for you.

It is equally (and easily believable) that longtime loyal string of school officials and coaches would desperately try to hide and hush the incident to the best of their abilities.

What makes it to court along with what deals are made to keep it out of court does not guarantee the real truth is revealed to all (in fact, quite the contrary). We may have the best legal system in the world (for those who have the money to pay for it) but we know its not perfect. In the end, the general public will never know. Only the perpetrators and their Lawyers know for sure.

Perhaps is fair to say the real truth lies somewhere in between.

In the mean time, in spite of these late night rants in this blog, I doubt anyone here truly thinks that everyone from PSU are pedophiles. Nor do we think that the actions of your University's leadership during the span of this sad event reflects on the true character of all PSU grads as a whole.

Born and raised in Iowa, I always admired Joe Pa and Penn State, a great school, with a great College Football tradition and I celebrated the addition of PSU to the Big 10. I truly hated to see one of my childhood heroes fall. What hurt PSU hurt the entire Big 10.

Last edited:
The Akums Razor Defense, the simplest explanation is more likely, so are you saying that this defense is proof that the witness lied? Stacked up with the "following protocol defense" that makes it an open and shut case? Its that simple for you.

It is equally (and easily believable) that longtime loyal string of school officials and coaches would desperately try to hide and hush the incident to the best of their abilities.

What makes it to court along with what deals are made to keep it out of court does not guarantee the real truth is revealed to all (in fact, quite the contrary). We may have the best legal system in the world (for those who have the money to pay for it) but we know its not perfect. In the end, the general public will never know. Only the perpetrators and their Lawyers know for sure.

Perhaps is fair to say the real truth lies somewhere in between.

In the mean time, in spite of these late night rants in this blog, I doubt anyone here truly thinks that everyone from PSU are pedophiles. Nor do we think that the actions of your University's leadership during this span of this sad event reflects on the true character of all PSU grads as a whole.

Born and raised in Iowa, I always admired Joe Pa and Penn State, a great school, with a great College Football tradition and I celebrated the addition of PSU to the Big 10. I truly hated to see one of my childhood heroes fall. What hurt PSU hurt the entire Big 10.
I an intrigued by this discussion with a group of people not as invested in it as Penn State fans.
Since you raised the idea that this could have been a coverup, who do you think would be involved in the coverup?

I an intrigued by this discussion with a group of people not as invested in it as Penn State fans.
Since you raised the idea that this could have been a coverup, who do you think would be involved in the coverup?
Again "Cover up" or turning of a blind eye, collusion or administrative incompetence or simple loyalty to longtime friends, employees and employers. Call it what you will. Most or all of these explanations were likely involved.Its a natural first instinct is to protect our own. I get it. But, anything short of a straight call to the police for an official investigation is suspect. Each individual who became aware of the potential crime was morally obligated to go directly to the police, regardless of what "official protocol" may have dictated. Wouldn't that be your expectation if it where your child as the victim? I'm not sure why that didn't happen.

Also, what evidence and testimony that is public is only what the Lawyers want us to see or couldn't prevent from becoming part of the official record. So as I said, debating "the evidence, the testimony" now, is pointless.

My question to you is, what can all institutions learn from what happened to PSU? What controls does a University program need to put in place to prevent the actions of a single perpetrator from harming its student athletes not to mention potential of taking down its sports program? (although I am still really straining to take the "single assassin/single bullet" theory in this case)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT