ADVERTISEMENT

With representation like this…

Aardvark86

HR Heisman
Jan 23, 2018
For the Palestinians:

Not only has each of their big decisions made life worse for their people, but they ensure that each time the idea of a two-state solution is proposed, less of Palestine is offered to them. In 1937, Palestinians were supposed to get 70% of Palestine or more. The Zionists were willing to work with the plan, but the Arabs rejected it and chose violence. Then, in 1947, the Palestinians were supposed to get 45% of Palestine, with much of Israel’s more than 50% comprising desert. The Zionists accepted the partition, and, again, the Palestinians chose violence.

And then in the Barak-Clinton two-state solution in 2000, the Palestinians were supposed to get 21%, 22% of Palestine. Instead they launched the second intifada. Next time they’ll probably get 15%. Each time they’re given less of Palestine as a result of being defeated in their efforts to get all of Palestine.

Palestinians are a scourge to the world

I feel compelled to address a recent comment you made that came across as racially insensitive. It's important to recognize that the words we choose and the attitudes we express have a real impact on those around us. Racism, in any form, is not acceptable and has no place in our community.

While I understand that we all have different perspectives and experiences, it's crucial to approach discussions about race and ethnicity with empathy, respect, and sensitivity. Making derogatory or offensive remarks based on someone's race only serves to perpetuate harmful stereotypes and deepen divisions within our society.

I believe that we are all capable of learning and growing, and I encourage you to take this opportunity to reflect on the impact of your words and consider how you can contribute to a more inclusive and respectful environment. Educating ourselves about the experiences of others and challenging our own biases and prejudices is an ongoing process, but it's one that is essential for fostering understanding and unity.

I hope that you will join me in committing to building a community that celebrates diversity, promotes equality, and embraces the inherent dignity and worth of every individual. Let's strive to create a culture of mutual respect, empathy, and acceptance, where everyone feels valued and included.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my perspective. I believe that together, we can work towards a more just and compassionate world.

I feel compelled to address a recent comment you made that came across as racially insensitive. It's important to recognize that the words we choose and the attitudes we express have a real impact on those around us. Racism, in any form, is not acceptable and has no place in our community.

While I understand that we all have different perspectives and experiences, it's crucial to approach discussions about race and ethnicity with empathy, respect, and sensitivity. Making derogatory or offensive remarks based on someone's race only serves to perpetuate harmful stereotypes and deepen divisions within our society.

I believe that we are all capable of learning and growing, and I encourage you to take this opportunity to reflect on the impact of your words and consider how you can contribute to a more inclusive and respectful environment. Educating ourselves about the experiences of others and challenging our own biases and prejudices is an ongoing process, but it's one that is essential for fostering understanding and unity.

I hope that you will join me in committing to building a community that celebrates diversity, promotes equality, and embraces the inherent dignity and worth of every individual. Let's strive to create a culture of mutual respect, empathy, and acceptance, where everyone feels valued and included.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my perspective. I believe that together, we can work towards a more just and compassionate world.
Which comment

Reactions: Rifler

Yes we can all live together. Tell that to those that have been fighting for two millennia. Maybe you’re joking but I don’t give a shit.

Palestinians are a scourge to the world
That’s not helpful. Hamas is a terrorist scourge. Palestinian leadership, for the most part, would appear to be a scourge. But labeling all the Palestinians in this way is how things like genocide become acceptable.

Kill the terrorists, jail anyone aiding and abetting the terrorists, but maybe consider laying off every Palestinian. Would you accept being labeled a scourge simply because of where you were born?

That’s not helpful. Hamas is a terrorist scourge. Palestinian leadership, for the most part, would appear to be a scourge. But labeling all the Palestinians in this way is how things like genocide become acceptable.

Kill the terrorists, jail anyone aiding and abetting the terrorists, but maybe consider laying off every Palestinian. Would you accept being labeled a scourge simply because of where you were born?
The videos from Palestine in 9/11 indicates that they all hate us.

I hope Israel takes it all.

How’s that? They’re mostly just trying to live. Do the gangs in Chicago represent all of America?
Nobody elected the gangs of Chicago to represent them and run their country. And no one cheers on the gangs of Chicago when they mass murder a bunch of people and take hostages in the suburbs.

Reactions: LunchBox50
The videos from Palestine in 9/11 indicates that they all hate us.

I hope Israel takes it all.
You saw videos of every single Palestinian? I have no doubt a huge percentage of them do, and I give no f*cks if any Hamas terrorists get killed. But seriously what is wrong with people who straight up group everyone together based on where you live. Should we call you a Biden lover since you are a US citizen? Of course not. You have your own beliefs that are not necessarily aligned with this country’s leadership.

Palestine, like every other group of people, is comprised of individuals with individual beliefs. Assigning them all the same beliefs as Hamas is literally how genocide begins.

F*ck Hamas and anyone who supports them, but there are individuals in Palestine who do not and they deserve some compassion.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Nobody elected the gangs of Chicago to represent them and run their country. And no one cheers on the gangs of Chicago when they mass murder a bunch of people and take hostages in the suburbs.
Hamas was elected 20 years ago. Maybe try a new election. Chicago regularly elects corruption.

Reactions: sober_teacher
One critique of Abrahamic religions is their potential to foster division and conflict among different religious groups and communities. Throughout history, religious differences have been a source of tension, discrimination, and even violence, leading to wars, persecution, and social unrest. The concept of religious exclusivity, which asserts the superiority of one's own faith over others, can contribute to a sense of "us versus them" mentality and fuel interreligious strife.

Moreover, Abrahamic religions have been criticized for their role in perpetuating patriarchal social structures and gender inequality. Traditional interpretations of religious texts often assign subordinate roles to women, restricting their autonomy and perpetuating harmful stereotypes and attitudes. This can manifest in various forms of discrimination and oppression, including restrictions on women's rights, limited access to education and employment opportunities, and the normalization of gender-based violence.

Additionally, some interpretations of Abrahamic religious teachings have been used to justify oppressive political regimes and authoritarian governance. Religious authorities and leaders have wielded their influence to legitimize oppressive policies, suppress dissent, and maintain power and control over populations. This can undermine democratic principles, human rights, and the rule of law, leading to social injustice and systemic inequality.

Furthermore, the emphasis on religious dogma and orthodoxy within Abrahamic traditions can hinder critical thinking, scientific inquiry, and intellectual freedom. In some cases, religious beliefs may be prioritized over empirical evidence and rational discourse, leading to the rejection of scientific theories, such as evolution, and the promotion of anti-intellectualism. This can impede progress and innovation and limit opportunities for social and cultural advancement.

Last edited:
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
For the Palestinians:

Not only has each of their big decisions made life worse for their people, but they ensure that each time the idea of a two-state solution is proposed, less of Palestine is offered to them. In 1937, Palestinians were supposed to get 70% of Palestine or more. The Zionists were willing to work with the plan, but the Arabs rejected it and chose violence. Then, in 1947, the Palestinians were supposed to get 45% of Palestine, with much of Israel’s more than 50% comprising desert. The Zionists accepted the partition, and, again, the Palestinians chose violence.

And then in the Barak-Clinton two-state solution in 2000, the Palestinians were supposed to get 21%, 22% of Palestine. Instead they launched the second intifada. Next time they’ll probably get 15%. Each time they’re given less of Palestine as a result of being defeated in their efforts to get all of Palestine.
Do you think it's relevant to bing up percentages like this when the bulk of the Palestinians were born after 2000? Let's pretend there are a bunch of Palestinians around who "voted", against the original borders of Palestine, would you continually accept less? It's pretty hard to demand someone accept less and less while you have no access to work, health care, food, your physical security is tenuous...
Do you want me to say that Hamas is bad? Yes, they are. They are not a truly representative body, and many such as myself think that Israeli leadership needs to be turned over, too. You further see how fraught solving this issue is when a thoughtful fellow such as yourself thinks he's starting a thread to discuss an issue in not knowing how quickly it would go racist.

Do you think it's relevant to bing up percentages like this when the bulk of the Palestinians were born after 2000? Let's pretend there are a bunch of Palestinians around who "voted", against the original borders of Palestine, would you continually accept less? It's pretty hard to demand someone accept less and less while you have no access to work, health care, food, your physical security is tenuous...
Do you want me to say that Hamas is bad? Yes, they are. They are not a truly representative body, and many such as myself think that Israeli leadership needs to be turned over, too. You further see how fraught solving this issue is when a thoughtful fellow such as yourself thinks he's starting a thread to discuss an issue in not knowing how quickly it would go racist.
72percent of Palestinians support Hamas

Sure I do. While I would never suggest there are things to be drawn from this conclusively, there are certainly inferences. And particularly so in that the common denominator - whether cultural or otherwise - seems to be intransigence. You can change the name of the leadership all you want, but it would seem to be consistently bad, and that sort of consistency tends to come from somewhere.

Put that on top of the fact that UNRWA actually thinks it's laudible that they've provided assistance to five generations of palestinians - whereas I think tend to think that it's more of an indicator of catastrophic failure that a population has effectively been put into a state of permanent dependency.

As for israeli leadership, the funny thing about it is that it actually does turn over.

As for threads going off the rails, welcome to the internet. it's easy enough to figure out what posts to pass quickly over.

Last edited:
Sure I do. While I would never suggest there are things to be drawn from this conclusively, there are certainly inferences. And particularly so in that the common denominator - whether cultural or otherwise - seems to be intransigence. You can change the name of the leadership all you want, but it would seem to be consistently bad, and that sort of consistency tends to come from somewhere.

Put that on top of the fact that UNRWA actually thinks it's laudible that they've provided assistance to five generations of palestinians - whereas I think tend to think that it's more of an indicator of catastrophic failure that a population has effectively been put into a state of permanent dependency.

As for israeli leadership, the funny thing about it is that it actually does turn over.

As for threads going off the rails, welcome to the internet. it's easy enough to figure out what posts to pass quickly over.
Bibi was first selected as PM in 1996. He's either been the PM, or the head of the opposition Likud Party for going on 30 years. Nobody has done more to drive Israeli policy since 1996 that I can think of off the top of my head. I think it's fair to say that Bibi has allowed Hamas to fester and grow in strength during his reign without any movement towards a permanent peace. He's now hip deep in a war with no plan behind a very unpopular plan to occupy Gaza.

Bibi was first selected as PM in 1996. He's either been the PM, or the head of the opposition Likud Party for going on 30 years. Nobody has done more to drive Israeli policy since 1996 that I can think of off the top of my head. I think it's fair to say that Bibi has allowed Hamas to fester and grow in strength during his reign without any movement towards a permanent peace. He's now hip deep in a war with no plan behind a very unpopular plan to occupy Gaza.
Pms:

Bibi -12:22
Lapid 7/22
Bennett 6/21
Bibi 5/15
Olmert 1/06
Sharon 3/01
Batak 7/99
Bibi 6/96

The Israelis know how to vote.

And no stint longer than thatcher, major, Blair, or Cameron.

Pms:

Bibi -12:22
Lapid 7/22
Bennett 6/21
Bibi 5/15
Olmert 1/06
Sharon 3/01
Batak 7/99
Bibi 6/96

The Israelis know how to vote.

And no stint longer than thatcher, major, Blair, or Cameron.
Not sure you meant to prove my point, but, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT