ADVERTISEMENT

WNO

No PD3 vs Winn match? Saying that Perry pulled him. I wonder what happened
What happened is he is taking the wise advice from his club coach not to be a freak in the circus and worry about events that actually matter. This whole match happened because of twitter beef between he and Winn before PD3 came to Iowa. This is a good sign that PD3 has his head in the right place and trying to live the lifestyle that is required to reach his goals. I applaud Perry and PD3 for this decision

This was the worst main event anyways. No one gave a crap about this matchup. I can guarantee no tickets were sold because of this match.

Maybe a good opportunity for Willie to make a good match happen.

How about Perry vs Metcalf. Lol, never happen but would fill the stands. Perry has weight advantage but Metcalf has stamina advantage, who would you take now?

I like the decision, I also like that PD3 was quiet about it on twitter.

I don't like CP's subtle jabs at coaching staff for the decision. WNO is a great event, but to try to throw wynn vs pd3 in there is a circuis act and a failed attempt to be like the UFC.

fix vs gilman is more interesting, but still, not worth HWC members time for a $500 paycheck.

Flo guys said to "Do it for the love of wrestling" meaning Flo doesn't want to pay Gilman squat...hehe. Either way, Gilman doesn't win. He goes out and throttles Fix...Welp, he's barely a college kid. Fix beats him, Fix just received huge boost and got a feel for Gilman.

Flo guys said to "Do it for the love of wrestling" meaning Flo doesn't want to pay Gilman squat...hehe. Either way, Gilman doesn't win. He goes out and throttles Fix...Welp, he's barely a college kid. Fix beats him, Fix just received huge boost and got a feel for Gilman.
I agree unless he is getting a nice paycheck wrestling Fix makes no sense to me. Fix is good Gilman is a beast rt now but let fix earn the rt to wrestle Gman let him grind through a tournament. Now Suriano/Fix sounds like the match to have they most likely will be battling for the next bunch of years it would be a good way to get the rumble started. But as far as Gilman let the other guys earn it by running through the gauntlet.

Gilman vs fix.... really flo? Fix has to do a little more to earn that. A hs kid vs any world team member is bs as far as I am concerned. They want it, wrestle up with the big boys and earn it. Pyles with the slight jabs, but backs off. Get real! I get they have their favorites and their bias will come out from time to time. Give me a break on this one!

How often do you just completely make things up out of thin air?

I like the decision, I also like that PD3 was quiet about it on twitter.

I don't like CP's subtle jabs at coaching staff for the decision. WNO is a great event, but to try to throw wynn vs pd3 in there is a circuis act and a failed attempt to be like the UFC.

fix vs gilman is more interesting, but still, not worth HWC members time for a $500 paycheck.

Ask Tony Ramos and Cody Brewer how close their paychecks were to 500 dollars. Try 10x that for Cody. Not including flight + hotel + food, etc.

Ask Tony Ramos and Cody Brewer how close their paychecks were to 500 dollars. Try 10x that for Cody. Not including flight + hotel + food, etc.

Guess that explains why I can never cancel my Flo membership and keep getting charged month after month. Flo has wrestlers to pay

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
giphy.gif

C'mon you know I was busting your balls

I can't believe I am writing this, but I actually am siding with Flo and CP on this one.

If they are offering Gilman 5k plus expenses to wrestle Fix then he should do it. Why the heck not. He gets to take on the hot shot kid and put him in his place. Or if he does get beat he gets to get a good feel for Fix and start preparing because Fix is coming.

These are the types of opportunities we need in our support to not only survive, but grow. We need more places where our athletes can make some money. It may only be 5k right now, but that is a good start and as the audience and revenue grow so do the purses. Remember how small the MMA/UFC purses were and now look at how much revenue they are bringing in and how much those purses have grown. I actually appreciate Flo trying to bring us matches people want to see right now. I really hope Gilman considers this and accepts. Gilman has been a guy who has benefited from wrestling someone multiple times and getting a feel for the other person. Heck look at his Ramos situation. I realize the opposite could be said for him Clark situation his Freshmen season, but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives here.

We as the wrestling community should be supporting this sort of stuff in my opinion.

I can't believe I am writing this, but I actually am siding with Flo and CP on this one.

If they are offering Gilman 5k plus expenses to wrestle Fix then he should do it. Why the heck not. He gets to take on the hot shot kid and put him in his place. Or if he does get beat he gets to get a good feel for Fix and start preparing because Fix is coming.

These are the types of opportunities we need in our support to not only survive, but grow. We need more places where our athletes can make some money. It may only be 5k right now, but that is a good start and as the audience and revenue grow so do the purses. Remember how small the MMA/UFC purses were and now look at how much revenue they are bringing in and how much those purses have grown. I actually appreciate Flo trying to bring us matches people want to see right now. I really hope Gilman considers this and accepts. Gilman has been a guy who has benefited from wrestling someone multiple times and getting a feel for the other person. Heck look at his Ramos situation. I realize the opposite could be said for him Clark situation his Freshmen season, but I think the positives far outweigh the negatives here.

We as the wrestling community should be supporting this sort of stuff in my opinion.

Yep, if they offered Gilman 5k or more, then it'd be worth it and good on them for trying to set up a good match and pay the athletes well for it.

If they're offering him $500 to wrestle Fix, that'd be insultingly low.

Wish they'd add Cass and Gable for the new 'Main Event'. How do you think that match goes in folkstyle?

Yeah they certainly wouldn't be offering him $500 to wrestle. He's a world silver medalist. I would imagine the offer was 2-3k to show and double that to win. Sounds like a good deal to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT