ADVERTISEMENT

Woke Boulder, CO

He will definitely bring in top level talent. Zero doubt about that. Will he build a staff correctly and can he win at this level are different questions for any coach making ghe transition to this level. Considering his accomplishments it would be a bad idea to bet against him.

Reactions: lucas80
Deion- no more hats in team meetings

Deion- wears hat in first team meeting

That was my thought too.

Like I guess maybe he's differentiating this and team meetings to get ready for a game but I found it strange.

IDK what the issue with their appearance is though, I fully understand the no phones bit. But hats and earrings?

That said I believe Deon early in his career put a premium on appearance. He has that whole "Look good, feel good, feel good, play good" motto.

I mean, the boss can wear what he wants, no?

I suspect he was not impressed with the overall vibe and body language from many of the players.

Every division 1 program is going to have to check the box sooner or later. And by the box, I mean hiring a black head coach. CU just made their woke hire, and it's going to end in disaster.

I also love how hypocritical the black lives matter, black culture is allowed to be.

Deion Sanders is literally allowed to come in and tell his team there ain't gonna be no hats in no meetings, ain't gonna be no "hoodies" in no meetings. Ain't gonna be no earrings in no meetings. Everybody gonna look like everybody.

Now, I actually love what Deion Sanders said. I love how he doesn't want no hats, hoodies, earrings, and phones in meetings because those things don't promote a winning culture. But what I don't love is that if Kirk Ferentz were on video tape saying those exact same things the hypocritical, losing culture, loser mentality, black lives matter, race baiting pieces of shit crowd would be in an uproar.

I like what he said, similar Doyle with a different approach

Deion made a few things very clear:
  • He’s not really invested in how many people stay
  • The Buffs need big changes
  • He clearly didn’t like the vibe he was seeing
You don’t become a garbage program that churns through coaches going 1-11 because you have great culture. Deion is going to come in and burn it to the ground and start over. I have no doubt that he’ll pull in talent. We’ll see if he can bring in the right coaches and build something sustainable there. If he does, I don’t think culture will be an issue. That meeting was all about burning the old one out. As he starts fresh, he’ll set a tone and then evolve from there.

Deion made a few things very clear:
  • He’s not really invested in how many people stay
  • The Buffs need big changes
  • He clearly didn’t like the vibe he was seeing
You don’t become a garbage program that churns through coaches going 1-11 because you have great culture. Deion is going to come in and burn it to the ground and start over. I have no doubt that he’ll pull in talent. We’ll see if he can bring in the right coaches and build something sustainable there. If he does, I don’t think culture will be an issue. That meeting was all about burning the old one out. As he starts fresh, he’ll set a tone and then evolve from there.
Bret Bielema did the same thing at Illinois basically. He told a bunch of guys to take off. He called a lot of the guys left they were soft. He brought in a bunch of new guys. And, he won. There isn't much room for hurt feelings and being all woke on a crappy team.

Reactions: hawkifann
After reading this post from "stanzi" I now need someone to explain to me what "woke" means again.....

Per actual GOP lawyers, it means "the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them"

So, anti-woke means EITHER:

• There are no such systemic injustices in American society
OR
  • There are systemic injustices in American society, but there is no need to address them

• Love
Reactions: joelbc1 and torbee
Bret Bielema did the same thing at Illinois basically. He told a bunch of guys to take off. He called a lot of the guys left they were soft. He brought in a bunch of new guys. And, he won. There isn't much room for hurt feelings and being all woke on a crappy team.
Yep, you want the dead weight to go away ASAP and if some talent gets a wake up call and works harder, all the better.

Yes, but Deion is a woke hire. Winning at Jacksonville State shouldn't land you the head coach at CU. They'll be hiring a new coach in 4 years or less.
Dude...he didn't land the Alabama job, and he's had excellent success at Jacksonville state. There's NO reason he couldn't improve Colorado. To call it a woke hire is actually racist.

And yes, you're right, KF would have to be fired if he outlawed the hoodies, earrings, etc, but that's just how it is. KF also had a Doyle who was saying things that reasonably could have been considered racially insensitive. His only defense was that "he was an asshole to everyone!" Not a great leg to stand on. Different situations altogether.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT