ADVERTISEMENT

'Wokers are easy to recognize' for their hatred of America"

Do the people that use "woke" as a pejorative know the origin of the term and dont care or are they people who do not educate themselves before using a term and simply accept the term as used by politicians and commentators?

It has been interesting to watch the term "woke" be co-opted and evolve into a pejorative over the last 8+ years. The way it is used and how it is defined has been fascinating.
Does it really matter, I’ve seen many words/terms be misused from their original meaning.

Does it really matter, I’ve seen many words/terms be misused from their original meaning.

The meaning and origin of words and terms matter a great deal. Why words are co-opted and then changed also matters. Additionally, the effort people make to educate themselves about the words they use is also very important. Blindly regurgitating something because the speaker is like-minded is something a simpleton would do and should not be celebrated.

Reactions: Ree4
Do the people that use "woke" as a pejorative know the origin of the term and dont care or are they people who do not educate themselves before using a term and simply accept the term as used by politicians and commentators?

It has been interesting to watch the term "woke" be co-opted and evolve into a pejorative over the last 8+ years. The way it is used and how it is defined has been fascinating.
Kinda like those who have chosen to misuse the word “gay” from its true meaning. Right?

Reactions: seminoleed
Kinda like those who have chosen to misuse the word “gay” from its true meaning. Right?

Interesting, yes, that is a good example. The "sexualization" of the word gay dates back to the 1600s and has evolved quite recently as a word that can be used as a pejorative but used in a nonsexual preference discussion. An example is " This restaurant is so GAY", which of course means a dislike for the place, but the underlying tone would be a continuation of a "dislike" for gay people even if the speaker is unaware of the origin, meaning, or maturation of the word and had no intention of using the word as a pejorative.

Reactions: Ree4
Who hates America more than the cons? Their hero ran on the theme of America is not great. Cons hate American culture and a large percent of the population. Please.

Reactions: Ree4 and Kelsers
Respect, are you serious? What's your definition of respect? Do you think everyone they call racists is respectful? Do you think the parents who showed up at school board meetings they called domestic terrorists felt respected? Is semi fascist a respectful term?
Shouldn’t you be out holding a protest sign outside of an interracial wedding ceremony?

FFS. Senator Kennedy is a goddamn idiot.

Didn’t read thread. Just know from everything else he’s ever done. I know I’m saving myself time.

Reactions: Kelsers
Red Runny. Your avatar is wearing a Nazi head gear. WTF does this mean?

I was hoping the Russians would need all their little bitches to shit their pants in Ukraine. Guess not. Go to hell troll OP

Typical "woker" response on que!

Wokers respect no one's opinion but their own.
Back in the day people were smart enough to not offer an opinion contrary to facts or truths! Trump sure turned that around didn't he?

You can use your free speech all you want to show you're a f...... moron.
309104173_10217637811695709_2315643193404103219_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT