ADVERTISEMENT

Woman falls into a pond at the country club, gets killed by alligators...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a Florida pond.

The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.

WBBH reports the woman was identified as Rose Wiegand, a woman in her 80s.

According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe Wiegand fell into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the alligators grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

When FWC arrived, they spotted and removed two alligators from the area — one about 8 feet 10 inches and another that was 7 feet 7 inches long.

“I mean it’s pretty horrible and it’s shocking to think that that could actually happen,” John Whitworth, a resident told WBBH.

“We see alligators from time to time but never thought that anything like that could happen,” Whitworth told WBBH.

Neighbors were shocked to hear about the deadly attack, and reported they'd seen many alligators in the area before.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner’s Office is determining the cause of Wiegand's death.

How do so many Floridians fall into ponds?

alcohol-gif.gif

Friday night, a woman was attacked and killed by multiple alligators in a Florida pond.

The attack occurred in Englewood and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission received a call about the incident around 8:15 p.m.

According to the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, deputies believe Wiegand fell into a pond located at Boca Royale Golf and Country Club before the alligators grabbed her as she struggled in the water.

When FWC arrived, they spotted and removed two alligators from the area — one about 8 feet 10 inches and another that was 7 feet 7 inches long.

“I mean it’s pretty horrible and it’s shocking to think that that could actually happen,” John Whitworth, a resident told WBBH.

“We see alligators from time to time but never thought that anything like that could happen,” Whitworth told WBBH.

Neighbors were shocked to hear about the deadly attack, and reported they'd seen many alligators in the area before.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner’s Office is determining the cause of Wiegand's death.

Another one, or just too lazy to look for another thread title with the words Florida, pond, alligators, golf course...?

"The Sarasota County Medical Examiner’s Office is determining the cause of Wiegand's death."

That autopsy should take about five minutes.

"The Sarasota County Medical Examiner’s Office is determining the cause of Wiegand's death."

That autopsy should take about five minutes.
It's possible that she had a medical episode (heart attack/stroke/etc) that caused her to fall into the pond.

Reminds me of the Faces of Death film scene where a parachutist landed in a pond of alligators. I remember watching FOD at a sleepover when I was young and that scene really messed with my mind when I saw it! It wasn't until years later that I learned 95% of the FOD content was edited and/or faked.

That’s why I don’t golf.

Reminds me of the Faces of Death film scene where a parachutist landed in a pond of alligators. I remember watching FOD at a sleepover when I was young and that scene really messed with my mind when I saw it! It wasn't until years later that I learned 95% of the FOD content was edited and/or faked.
I saw that in high school. We had sick senses of humor and laughed at the terrible luck that kid had. I think it was his first jump.

ADVERTISEMENT