ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s HWC

Jackhawk87

HR All-American
Dec 15, 2007
I would love to see a few of these high level women in our wrestling room. Is the HWC trying to recruit these women or are we happy to wait until our Hawks graduate and join our HWC?? Or are we content to not really have a women’s HWC and our graduates go elsewhere to train?

I would love to see a few of these high level women in our wrestling room. Is the HWC trying to recruit these women or are we happy to wait until our Hawks graduate and join our HWC?? Or are we content to not really have a women’s HWC and our graduates go elsewhere to train?
Our collegiate women are wrestling for the IWWC. Not sure what this may mean for the future of women in the HWC.

Reactions: Jackhawk87

Our collegiate women are wrestling for the IWWC. Not sure what this may mean for the future of women in the HWC.

So will they be training in the new wrestling complex at Carver Hawkeye? I would think yes. Assuming this is the women’s equivalent of the men’s HWC under a different name?

So will they be training in the new wrestling complex at Carver Hawkeye? I would think yes. Assuming this is the women’s equivalent of the men’s HWC under a different name?
The women will be using the new room. I do wonder what happens to the old room tho.

The way I heard it(someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) was that the HWC and IWWC are two completely separate entities by design. The coaches(Brands, Chun) decided on this path during the initial phases of adding the women's collegiate team.

As far as postgrads joining, I hope so. I know Kayla Miracle(and maybe others) spent time training with IWWC recently.

No idea on the IWWC funding level, however. The fact that it's a brand new club and they have a college team filled with stars that they probably want to keep around after graduation may be all they can afford right now. Or, maybe they have the $$ to make big moves after this Olympic cycle....

The way I heard it(someone please correct me if I'm wrong here) was that the HWC and IWWC are two completely separate entities by design. The coaches(Brands, Chun) decided on this path during the initial phases of adding the women's collegiate team.

As far as postgrads joining, I hope so. I know Kayla Miracle(and maybe others) spent time training with IWWC recently.

No idea on the IWWC funding level, however. The fact that it's a brand new club and they have a college team filled with stars that they probably want to keep around after graduation may be all they can afford right now. Or, maybe they have the $$ to make big moves after this Olympic cycle....
Wish there was an "Inner Circle" like donation option for IWWC, where we can donate on an automatic monthly recurring basis. Or maybe there is and I'm just not finding it. Would love to see it grow and bring in all the top talent, but need the $$$ to be able to do so

Does this have anything to do with Sunkist Kids WC closing up shop after the Paris Olympics?
Not necessarily. I think it’s always been part of the plan to bring someone in, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a SK athlete isn’t among the names being considered.

Reactions: Aleric1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT