ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Selection Sunday thread (Iowa Earns 1-Seed in Albany Region)

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HB MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Lets goooooo
March Madness Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Here was the latest ESPN Bracketology.

See below. Does the ESPN bracketologist (Charlie Creme) have the top 16 teams in the right spots?

Will Iowa avoid LSU & UConn in their regional?

I am thankful that Ohio State took our place in the Albany 1 regional (we were stuck there on Feb 29 and obviously worked our way out).

Iowa is in great shape, imo, if this is how the top 16 ends up; if both teams keep winning, Iowa would not face #1 overall seed South Carolina until the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Just don't tell @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset ;)

The 4 Brackets & Top 16 Teams per ESPN:

Albany 1
1. South Carolina
2. Ohio State

3. Oregon State
4. Virginia Tech

Portland 4
1. USC
2. Texas
3. NC State
4. Indiana

Portland 3
1. Stanford
2. LSU
3. UCONN
4. Gonzaga

Albany 2
1. IOWA

2. UCLA
3. Notre Dame
4. Colorado

The Full 68 team Bracket as of Now:

Wow, already some interesting tidbits.

Indiana a 4 seed in South Carolina's region, and Big 12 regular season champions Oklahoma is a 5 seed.

If this were the men's committee, we'll be the 2 seed with South Carolina, because conference tournaments don't matter...............
Honestly I think the Big Ten screws themselves over by being the last mens game played. I completely think Iowa beating Purdue two years ago did NOTHING to help Iowa. I think it was seeded assuming Iowa lost, and it was too close to announcement time to make any adjustments they didn't NEED to make. So they just called it close enough and rolled with it.

So I guess that means UConn and South Carolina can book their trips to the final four? Who's left? Ohio State?

Reactions: WestIAHawk
So I guess that means UConn and South Carolina can book their trips to the final four? Who's left? Ohio State?
So shouldn’t we be glad we avoided the team that has good odds to win the tourney as a two or three seed in UConn?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT