ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward on "60 Minutes"...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
How far will Trumpanzees go in denying what their President said regarding "the virus"? I am curious.....I mean, Woodward has it on tape.....tape that my President was well aware of....and it shows just how weak and ill-prepared for the Presidency Trump is...But I am sure it makes no difference to his folks here....those who are Trumpanzees and those who are Russian bots.
I find this Woodward/Trump tape interview quite interesting. No wonder Trump said the book (full of Trump's own quotes) was fake!

How far will Trumpanzees go in denying what their President said regarding "the virus"? I am curious.....I mean, Woodward has it on tape.....tape that my President was well aware of....and it shows just how weak and ill-prepared for the Presidency Trump is...But I am sure it makes no difference to his folks here....those who are Trumpanzees and those who are Russian bots.
I find this Woodward/Trump tape interview quite interesting. No wonder Trump said the book (full of Trump's own quotes) was fake!

Trad represented the Trump chump position impeccably. This is a lost cause. Dems should be courting moderates and Independents. None of the Trump chumps care.

So, I’m curious. Do you think he deliberately downplayed the virus for political gain, or to quell panic? Is there anything he could actually do that would make you not support him?

To answer the latter, no.

Which is fine, but Trump chumps have lost all right to claim they care about the country over their own self interests or to ever hold any standards for ethics and decorum in government. That's gone. Their continued and unwavering support of Trump has forfeited them the right to say shit.

(Shrug) Piss on 'em.

Once they knew the characteristics and knew it was in the US, there was no point in trying to stop it. For all the people who were screaming about exponential growth for several weeks, they were ignoring the fact that we were far past the point of stopping it. Trumps public approach had zero material impact on the spread of the virus. In fact, it may have been a benefit as it spread faster.

• Wow
Reactions: naturalmwa
Maybe. But my personal belief is God has allowed Trump to reign for a season. Eventually...woo, it won't be pretty. Seriously. You will pity him if you knew what is likely coming his way.

I hope Trump repents and develops humility.
Yikes, while a noble proclamation there is a ZERO percent chance on any of that. Trump is pure evil, period. He is also mentally ill and not capable of empathy.

Once they knew the characteristics and knew it was in the US, there was no point in trying to stop it. For all the people who were screaming about exponential growth for several weeks, they were ignoring the fact that we were far past the point of stopping it. Trumps public approach had zero material impact on the spread of the virus. In fact, it may have been a benefit as it spread faster.
Trump chose to protect his re-election prospects at the expense of the security of the country. He is a failure and unqualified for the presidency.

Yeah it was really ****ing brilliant to have a massive crisis is the northeast. Any semblance of leadership from Trump, Cuomo, and DeBlasio(sp?) would have saved thousands of lives

Good God man

I've read some crazy drivel on this board, but this might be stupid enough to make OIT blush.

I have believed this since February. Common sense should tell you that anything with a two week asymptomatic period combined with not being able to shut down travel from China early enough was not going to be stopped regardless of the measures.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Yeah it was really ****ing brilliant to have a massive crisis is the northeast. Any semblance of leadership from Trump, Cuomo, and DeBlasio(sp?) would have saved thousands of lives

Good God man

Good luck with your attempts to stop nature. I wish you luck on your next venture, the climate.

• Sad
I have believed this since February. Common sense should tell you that anything with a two week asymptomatic period combined with not being able to shut down travel from China early enough was not going to be stopped regardless of the measures.
The virus came from EUROPE, the China shut down was nothing but him being able to still brag about it today, it did NOTHING. If that dumb**** would have warned the Governors NY could have prevented the shit show they faced and the death that could have been lowered greatly, PERIOD.

Good luck with your attempts to stop nature. I wish you luck on your next venture, the climate.

Are you dumb? We didn't know how to treat the virus, we didn't have enough PPE, we had a shit show in the northeast. Thousands that died in March - May would not die if infected today or if they kept the vulnerable away from the virus in the first place.

The US death rate per million is near the top of the world and will be at the top soon.

Canada has 20% of the US death rate per million people. They had no COVID deaths on Friday. None. We had more than a thousand.

Doesn’t common sense tell you the US has shit the bed on this?

Right now the President of the US is having an indoor campaign event, no social spacing, few masks, that violates local laws. Does he care?

No. The GOP is bored with Covid and gone full on Ivan Drago “if he dies he dies” mode.

Great, but that wasn't what I responded to. Tell us more about how Trump's self-aggrandized, bipolar approach to the pandemic was of greater benefit than say...if a sane adult had been in charge.

Do you think the terrorists targeted the World Trade Center on 9/11 because they thought we could not coordinate an appropriate rescue response?

No, they targeted New York because a shitload of people live and work on top of each other.

Its unfortunate that this virus exists, but you are seriously delusional if you don’t think that density and proximity are the main problems with it. Canada??? LOFL

• Sad
Great, but that wasn't what I responded to. Tell us more about how Trump's self-aggrandized, bipolar approach to the pandemic was of greater benefit than say...if a sane adult had been in charge.

I would like to hear a few specific things that you think would have played out differently.

It didn’t matter who was in office.

Nope, you first. Don't deflect. You asserted Trump's approach "may have been a benefit as it spread faster." Explain.

Explain what? Letting the virus burn through with minimal preventative measures was always an option. Had we locked down stronger and earlier, we would have seen a more drawn out situation with possibly more dead. We don’t know. I didn’t think that had to be explained.

Explain what? Letting the virus burn through with minimal preventative measures was always an option. Had we locked down stronger and earlier, we would have seen a more drawn out situation with possibly more dead. We don’t know. I didn’t think that had to be explained.
That's not explaining Trump's approach.

Are you seriously saying that the US should have done no mitigation and let the virus "burn through" the population? God, I hope not.

Do you think the terrorists targeted the World Trade Center on 9/11 because they thought we could not coordinate an appropriate rescue response?

No, they targeted New York because a shitload of people live and work on top of each other.

Its unfortunate that this virus exists, but you are seriously delusional if you don’t think that density and proximity are the main problems with it. Canada??? LOFL

You think it’s all population density? Good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT