ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward on "60 Minutes"...

That's not explaining Trump's approach.

Are you seriously saying that the US should have done no mitigation and let the virus "burn through" the population? God, I hope not.

Yes, he did.

And our hospitals would have been overrun and all hell would have broken loose.

That's not explaining Trump's approach.

Are you seriously saying that the US should have done no mitigation and let the virus "burn through" the population? God, I hope not.

I don’t know what we should have done. No one does, and we didn’t have the luxury of waiting, due of the unknown and the desire to avoid public panic. Our intelligence obviously had good info on the relative nature of the virus, otherwise we would have restricted international travel much, much earlier. That has been proven correct in the outcomes as we look at hospitalizations and deaths over the past 6 months.

• Sad
Reactions: naturalmwa
I don’t know what we should have done. No one does, and we didn’t have the luxury of waiting, due of the unknown and the desire to avoid public panic. Our intelligence obviously had good info on the relative nature of the virus, otherwise we would have restricted international travel much, much earlier. That has been proven correct in the outcomes as we look at hospitalizations and deaths over the past 6 months.
Seriously? You can't look at this and think that dedicating the US industrial power to producing testing and PPE was an easy call and would have resulted in better outcomes? That simply encouraging mask wearing and setting the example by wearing one would not have benefited the country both in slower spread and much less division on the matter?

You're right about one thing, the country didn't have the luxury of waiting which makes the fact that Trunp did all the more egregious.

Nearly half of all deaths in the US were people that were already past their average life expectancy.

This wont even end up being a blip on the radar in terms of mortality in the US. I feel for the families that lost loved ones, particular not being able to be around them, but all this virus did was accelerate the final months or years for a bunch of people who were already really close to the end of their life.

Seriously? You can't look at this and think that dedicating the US industrial power to producing testing and PPE was an easy call and would have resulted in better outcomes? That simply encouraging mask wearing and setting the example by wearing one would not have benefited the country both in slower spread and much less division on the matter?

You're right about one thing, the country didn't have the luxury of waiting which makes the fact that Trunp did all the more egregious.

What do you mean by better outcomes? Fewer deaths? No, I don’t think it mattered. Few people died due to lack of care. In fact, further flattening the curve and extending the period of higher infections could have caused more deaths, as more vulnerable people stopped taking precautions due to complacency.

Yes, I can. And what I’ve read shows NY with very good numbers for several months despite having the exact same “density and proximity” as it had at the start of the pandemic, you ca

You know why? Because they mask, social distance, test, and trace.

Uhhhhhhh

What do you mean by better outcomes? Fewer deaths? No, I don’t think it mattered. Few people died due to lack of care. In fact, further flattening the curve and extending the period of higher infections could have caused more deaths, as more vulnerable people stopped taking precautions due to complacency.
There are 200K excess deaths this year. Why is that?

Reactions: 7 Dunks
Nearly half of all deaths in the US were people that were already past their average life expectancy.

This wont even end up being a blip on the radar in terms of mortality in the US. I feel for the families that lost loved ones, particular not being able to be around them, but all this virus did was accelerate the final months or years for a bunch of people who were already really close to the end of their life.
Shouldn't that number be much higher? People that have lived past average life expectancy should be at higher risk of dying than those who are below the average. That's simple math.

You're making even less sense than usual.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

300 k excess dead this year seems like more than a blip on the radar

and the contention that the dead were already at deaths doorstep is both wrong and cold hearted at best

There are 200K excess deaths this year. Why is that?

Because people died from the virus. This is a stupid argument anyways, if you look at the variability around the mean number of US deaths each year. Where on the curve do you think 200k excess deaths lies? How many SD from the mean?

Also, there will be 100-150k fewer deaths than expected over the next few years. Why? Because actuarily speaking a lot of the deceased were going to die soon anyways.

Shouldn't that number be much higher? People that have lived past average life expectancy should be at higher risk of dying than those who are below the average. That's simple math.

You're making even less sense than usual.

Why would it be higher? Nursing homes were the main driver of it.

The virus came from EUROPE, the China shut down was nothing but him being able to still brag about it today, it did NOTHING. If that dumb**** would have warned the Governors NY could have prevented the shit show they faced and the death that could have been lowered greatly, PERIOD.

He should have warned them to not send sick old people into nursing homes?

L Derp Wade showing how much of a pile of shit person he is. You better not have procreated your bloodline needs to end with you.

Yeah this world needs more people who wake up every day and live for partisan politics. You are really making the world a better place. At least you likely have zero actual personal interaction, so your impact is limited to ****ing up one sports message board and probably reddit and Facebook.

Reactions: haw-key
Yeah this world needs more people who wake up every day and live for partisan politics. You are really making the world a better place. At least you likely have zero actual personal interaction, so your impact is limited to ****ing up one sports message board and probably reddit and Facebook.
You are a despicable Human, period. You are disgusting. Partisan? Lol. Dumb as rocks and a POS. Trump cultists are the enemy of the Republic you Idiot. This is so far past political bickering.

You are a despicable Human, period. You are disgusting.

Hearing that from someone on their god-knows-what-number handle who perpetuates division on a message board gives me confidence in my position

I’ll buy your ticket to whatever SEC game you want to attend this year, as long as you promise to tailgate with a large group

Hearing that from someone on their god-knows-what-number handle who perpetuates division on a message board gives me confidence in my position

I’ll buy your ticket to whatever SEC game you want to attend this year, as long as you promise to tailgate with a large group
Just dont procreate for mankind's sake.

He's said and done much worse. The guy is invincible for some reason.
I think a lot of it has to do with how good Republicans are at getting their message out there, blaming others (blm, antifa), and having everyone but into the “team” mentality, common sense be damned.

I think branding and getting their message out there is certainly one spot I think most will agree, Republicans just kick The Democrat’s ass in for whatever reason.

I have endless material that already did that well before this and why Hillary was such an easy choice in 2016. I'd suggest reading Mary Trumps book explaining how much of a POS this guy has been for 70 years.
Hillary isn't a guy, have some respect.

Emails!!!!
But at the end of the day, thee worst major party candidate to ever run for president...she lost to Trump...Trump...Donald J. F'n Trump. She lost to him in the contest in which she tried to defeat him in. Trump. Seriously. It would be nice if we just never speak of her name again.

To answer the latter, no.

Which is fine, but Trump chumps have lost all right to claim they care about the country over their own self interests or to ever hold any standards for ethics and decorum in government. That's gone. Their continued and unwavering support of Trump has forfeited them the right to say shit.

(Shrug) Piss on 'em.
Dude you ignore what is clearly the issue. Hear me out.

Not one Trump supporter I know likes Trump as a person. Not one. Liberals can’t see why anyone would stay in his camp after all this. They think that Trump supporters are blindly allegiant. A cult. This is a poor read on the room. Go figure.

The fact is that almost all the Trump supporters I know are united in their support of him by a few things. And this is the real issue, that until you understand, will flummox you over and over.

We understand we are sacrificing ‘pride in our leader’. We also know that in a few months, if not 4 more years, things will return to normal for conservatives. So this sacrifice isn’t necessarily long term. We aren’t now the party of Trump. Assertions to the contrary be damned.

The fact is this:
1- We have long been frustrated by the backbone of our Republican congressional reps. They talk the talk but cave over and over. The are principled but lack resolve. They fear the way the press will paint them. They are losers. As in always lose.
2- We know that while we sacrifice a few things now, to allow a dem to win we may sacrifice for a generation or longer if they pass their pet giveaway programs that, once started, never end. This cannot be allowed to happen.
3- Many of us believe we are the greatest country to ever exist and Trump embodies that belief. Dem alternatives focus on being ashamed and guilty for being American. Not acceptable. We love our country and that fact isn’t a reason to be ashamed.

The bottom line is this..... We cant stand liberalism and the direction you intend to take the country. We can’t stand weak kneed big talkers in our party that constantly get bested in the PR war by dems. Reps that give in over and over. (See the shutdown battles as an example) Trump doesn’t give a fuq. He’s gives a big middle finger to the press to the party elites and that is as satisfying as anything. While he has a lot of policy provisions I like, it isn’t simply that. So if you want to know why we were driven to elect a guy like him look inside yourselves. You are yourselves culpable. You have gone over the edge in more ways than he has done so in a decorum sense. Too put it another way....if your party wasn’t so damn crazy left you’d give us options that were better than Trump. But because you are now the party of Bernie, of the Squad, of free stuff, of America loathing, of ‘some people did some stuff to something’, of pitting race against race, and of chaos and lawlessness......we have no choice. For it is you that have created this.

Until your party returns to the Democrat party of old, you have forced us to debase ourselves by choosing to elect a man with so many obvious flaws to keep your party out of power and our party to understand that you don’t bring a knife to a gunfight.

So this all led to Trump. So by definition we are no cult or party guilty of blind allegiance. The past led to Trump. We weren’t led here by him.

But at the end of the day, thee worst major party candidate to ever run for president...she lost to Trump...Trump...Donald J. F'n Trump. She lost to him in the contest in which she tried to defeat him in. Trump. Seriously. It would be nice if we just never speak of her name again.
Oh I'll flip it entirely. This country is so breathtakingly stupid it fell for Russian propaganda and exaggerations about her and here we are in Hell.

Last edited:
Well, that's a judgement call for you 311. Nixon was a crook who got caught....Trump has proven himself a habitual liar and incapable of leading of a nation in an emergency. You call it as you see it.
Well since you’ve apparently been alive for over 17 presidential terms you’d know.

I’m frankly tired of all the old people on here telling the rest of us that still contribute to our economy and work for a living, how we should vote. You all still are valuable to be sure. Just not in the way, or to whom, you think.

• Wow

Not one Trump supporter I know likes Trump as a person. Not one. Liberals can’t see why anyone would stay in his camp after all this. They think that Trump supporters are blindly allegiant. A cult. This is a poor read on the room. Go figure.

The fact is that almost all the Trump supporters I know are united in their support of him by a few things. And this is the real issue, that until you understand, will flummox you over and over.

We understand we are sacrificing ‘pride in our leader’. We also know that in a few months, if not 4 more years, things will return to normal for conservatives. So this sacrifice isn’t necessarily long term. We aren’t now the party of Trump. Assertions to the contrary be damned.

The fact is this:
1- We have long been frustrated by the backbone of our Republican congressional reps. They talk the talk but cave over and over. The are principled but lack resolve. They fear the way the press will paint them. They are losers. As in always lose.
2- We know that while we sacrifice a few things now, to allow a dem to win we may sacrifice for a generation or longer if they pass their pet giveaway programs that, once started, never end. This cannot be allowed to happen.
3- Many of us believe we are the greatest country to ever exist and Trump embodies that belief. Dem alternatives focus on being ashamed and guilty for being American. Not acceptable. We love our country and that fact isn’t a reason to be ashamed.

The bottom line is this..... We cant stand liberalism and the direction you intend to take the country. We can’t stand weak kneed big talkers in our party that constantly get bested in the PR war by dems. Reps that give in over and over. (See the shutdown battles as an example) Trump doesn’t give a fuq. He’s gives a big middle finger to the press to the party elites and that is as satisfying as anything. While he has a lot of policy provisions I like, it isn’t simply that. So if you want to know why we were driven to elect a guy like him look inside yourselves. You are yourselves culpable. You have gone over the edge in more ways than he has done so in a decorum sense. Too put it another way....if your party wasn’t so damn crazy left you’d give us options that were better than Trump. But because you are now the party of Bernie, of the Squad, of free stuff, of America loathing, of ‘some people did some stuff to something’, of pitting race against race, and of chaos and lawlessness......we have no choice. For it is you that have created this.

Until your party returns to the Democrat party of old, you have forced us to debase ourselves by choosing to elect a man with so many obvious flaws to keep your party out of power and our party to understand that you don’t bring a knife to a gunfight.

So this all led to Trump. So by definition we are no cult or party guilty of blind allegiance. The past led to Trump. We weren’t led here by him.
That’s biggest load of crap I’ve read on here and that’s saying something.

That’s biggest load of crap I’ve read on here and that’s saying something.
Oh well if that’s what you think I’ll delete it then.
Good grief.

Let’s just see how many likes it gets and from whom then.

You are an ostrich with your head in the sand because I know my side and what I’ve asserted is damn near gospel.

• Haha
Oh well if that’s what you think I’ll delete it then.
Good grief.

Let’s just see how many likes it gets and from whom then.

You are an ostrich with your head in the sand because I know my side and what I’ve asserted is damn near gospel.
Just once I want to hear a Republican say, “you know what, my bad we were wrong.” It’s always somebody else’s fault. You may not like the system but if you see Trump is a pos and you love your country like you claim, you should be running over each other to vote for Biden in Nov.

Per podcast , Supposedly Trump was pissed about the last Woodward book which his staff was very protective and wouldn’t let him talk except for a final interview.

He thought to make himself look better was to talk more and give Woodward the access he needed. I’m sure Woodward never had it this easy before...unprecedented if you will.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

The fact is this:

Epic, but not in a good way.

L Derp Wade showing how much of a pile of shit person he is. You better not have procreated your bloodline needs to end with you.
If it was 100,000 young people he would STILL be defending the Bunker Boy. His followers just like to use the "they were mostly old" argument.

Because people died from the virus. This is a stupid argument anyways, if you look at the variability around the mean number of US deaths each year. Where on the curve do you think 200k excess deaths lies? How many SD from the mean?

Also, there will be 100-150k fewer deaths than expected over the next few years. Why? Because actuarily speaking a lot of the deceased were going to die soon anyways.
MClo3Ln.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT