ADVERTISEMENT

Woody, Bo, Hayden & Kirk have something in common; the 1983 Iowa Staff will be at Season Opener

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
B1G Coaches to coach 20 full seasons at one school since 1950:

51-78: Woody
69-89: Bo
79-98: Hayden
99-18: Kirk

Note, too, against Kirk's wishes, the 1983 Iowa Staff (including Hayden Fry) will be at Season Opener, hopefully to witness history.

Nice 6 min interview:

Last edited:
Kirk seemed pretty talkative. Seems pretty upbeat.
He’s in some good company there... Woody, Bo, & Hayden.
Damn!

Reactions: Franisdaman
Kirk made an interesting comment 'none of those coaches had a resume' what would the response have been today if the Iowa coach put that staff together with their resumes at the time?

Kirk made an interesting comment 'none of those coaches had a resume' what would the response have been today if the Iowa coach put that staff together with their resumes at the time?

For a long time I've argued that you hire people, not resumes. Look around today at not only sports but everywhere else, and you may notice how that looks. Good people certainly can have great resumes, but true greatness comes from fundamental traits such as honesty, integrity, empathy, and passion.

I have often been a severe critic of KF's offensive philosophy, but I cannot quibble with his fundamental traits. And BTW: Nobody had less of a resume than KF himself when Hayden hired him, so he has a special respect for that.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT