ADVERTISEMENT

woodya (if your life was on the line)

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
i0RB1zi.jpg

Smoke inhalation causes most fire-related deaths. Knowing that, William Holmes found out how to keep you conscious while you wait for rescue—as long as you can handle having toilet breath. In 1981, Holmes patented a snorkel-like device that supplies fresh air from your sewer. Just feed the tube past your throne’s water trap. Although you won’t die from a lungful of smoke, you might get woozy after huffing all that sewer gas.

i0RB1zi.jpg

Smoke inhalation causes most fire-related deaths. Knowing that, William Holmes found out how to keep you conscious while you wait for rescue—as long as you can handle having toilet breath. In 1981, Holmes patented a snorkel-like device that supplies fresh air from your sewer. Just feed the tube past your throne’s water trap. Although you won’t die from a lungful of smoke, you might get woozy after huffing all that sewer gas.
how much money would it take for you to use that, but instead of a toilet you put the other end up OP's mom's ass?

There are people who kiss their dogs and their dogs drink toilet water. What fascinates me about this is it seems like it's an idea someone might have shortly after constructing a gravity bong at home that works similarly.

Reactions: ghost80
There are people who kiss their dogs and their dogs drink toilet water. What fascinates me about this is it seems like it's an idea someone might have shortly after constructing a gravity bong at home that works similarly.

I’ve got imagine the smell of that air would be awful

Wouldn't it be better to use your sink? I'm no plumber but shouldn't there be a vent for the sink as well.

i0RB1zi.jpg
All I know is that somebody with some graphical aptitude needs to mash up that graphic from this one from an earlier post from this week describing using gas station restrooms:

Last edited:
It would depend largely on how effective that inline carbon filter is.

If my life depended on it but if you ask me such a system seems rather impractical.

I mean most people die of smoke inhalation because that's what kills you first. But the reality is that if you arn't killed by that for some reason and you just decide to hang around in a house that's on fire you will still be burned to death. . . or crushed by the structure collapsing upon you.

If it was pre-set up it could potentially make sense as a place to grab one quick breath of oxygen on your way out the door while holding your breath. But since a system like that can't really just be left set up and still use the toilet for it's intended purpose, it makes very little practical sense because you would waste time that you could be spending getting the hell out of the building on setting up your little system.

No need to set up a system,.. just shatter the ceramic toilet, pull the broken base off the closet flange and there you go...

No need to set up a system,.. just shatter the ceramic toilet, pull the broken base off the closet flange and there you go...
Make sure to close the supply valve to the toilet bowl. Otherwise you’re gonna have water everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT