ADVERTISEMENT

Work From Home (WFH)

Don’t hate on my thread! I’m glad this bot chose to resurrect my thread
giphy.gif

My team has been WFH for over 20 years. COVID didn’t impact many of my developers at all— they could always turn their chairs 90° and hop on World of Warcraft.

I'm working from home right now, bitches.

Granted, I'm on a day long TEAMS meeting doing training that I've already, technically, completed.

Flew home from NY last week next to a guy from Principal, he told me they sent out a message last week that all employees need to start coming in 4 days a week. Not sure if thats for all departments but it is for his.

I was remote with WF going back to 2010 before quitting last spring. Took time off and now have a new gig, also fully remote. In both places, I’m fully capable and willing to go into the office or to a client site as needed for face-to-face meetings/training/etc., but both companies are extremely geographically spread and none of my work has been centralized to only people within one locality. Heck, even here in Charlotte, people I worked with when I was in the office was spread around 8 buildings in about 3 distinct areas, so it’s not like “in the office” is some panacea where everyone you need is a stone’s throw away.

ADVERTISEMENT