ADVERTISEMENT

Workers at a Tallahassee coffee shop went on strike. The owner closed the shop permanently....

Thanks for not doing that hours ago. You were entertaining. Maybe next time some anonymous poster says they think you're a dummy, just ignore them with quiet confidence.

That's opposed to getting defensive about how smart you are - and the cherry - calling someone a coward for not wanting to meet you at a Iowa football game.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Apparently none of what you’re saying is correct, but in the real world, I see this often. I see coworkers of mine who could have been potentially fired for numerous infractions, in the non-unionized world, who continue to work where I do.

This is absolutely true.

More truth. Seniority also determines who is awarded job bids. And it’s all that determines it. At least where I work.
The extreme fallacy in your argument is that these people who you think aren't doing the job would be fired in a non-union job. That's extremely naïve.

Or, since it was such a minor issue by your own admission, give it to them.

You suck at a lot of things, negotiation is apparently another of them.

What are your feelings on post #103, Riley? Am I right or wrong in the facts that I stated from my union workplace?

What are your feelings on post #103, Riley? Am I right or wrong in the facts that I stated from my union workplace?
My feelings? I feel like you've gotten your ass kicked in epic fashion by Thorne and are too dumb to realize it. LOL.

Or, since it was such a minor issue by your own admission, give it to them.

You suck at a lot of things, negotiation is apparently another of them.

No.

If the employees want to be union members, they can stroke their own checks to the union. Just like they do to be members of AAA or AARP or any other "association."

If the union provides a service they value, then they'll willingly pay on their own without mandatory paycheck deductions, right?

By the way, the union got decertified thanks to my negotiation efforts.

Great. Will you refer to post #103 though?
Why? What could you possibly think there is in that post that makes you look anything but the fool you've been shown to be?

I think I'll pass and let you continue with the entertainment. LOL

Thanks for not doing that hours ago. You were entertaining. Maybe next time some anonymous poster says they think you're a dummy, just ignore them with quiet confidence.

That's opposed to getting defensive about how smart you are - and the cherry - calling someone a coward for not wanting to meet you at a Iowa football game.

You are a coward. It’s that simple.

No.

If the employees want to be union members, they can stroke their own checks to the union. Just like they do to be members of AAA or AARP or any other "association."

If the union provides a service they value, then they'll willingly pay on their own without mandatory paycheck deductions, right?

By the way, the union got decertified thanks to my negotiation efforts.
Ignorant and petty. Not a great combination but I expected nothing less from you.

Why? What could you possibly think there is in that post that makes you look anything but the fool you've been shown to be?

I think I'll pass and let you continue with the entertainment. LOL

Of course you will. Because you won’t admit that the points of the post you said were “complete ignorance” are actually truthful. Confirmed by somebody who actually works in a union job and sees these things occurring. You go ahead and pass, Riley.

Of course you will. Because you won’t admit that the points of the post you said were “complete ignorance” are actually truthful. Confirmee by somebody who actually works in a union job and sees these things occurring. You go ahead and pass, Riley.
I'll pass and encourage you to keep posting about how you know these things and aren't really dumb.

Burning-Box-RTW-Lrg-1024x731-1.jpg

Reactions: abby97
I'm talking about TODAY, dumbass. Not what happened in the early 20th century.
Of course you are because you have no ****ing clue why unions came about or their value in the labor marketplace to both union and non-union workers. You're a stain on middle management with your ignorance.

Of course you are because you have no ****ing clue why unions came about or their value in the labor marketplace to both union and non-union workers. You're a stain on middle management with your ignorance.

Dude, I bet I know a helluva lot more about the history of American labor unions than you do.

But history has nothing to do with TODAY.

Today's unions aren't this romantic notion of oppressed workers banding together to form a union and fight the evil employer.

Today's unions are big businesses that target employers they believe to be vulnerable based on sophisticated metrics. Then they send in moles to get hired and begin the card check process.

And let me tell you, that gets ugly. Here's a typical worker vs. worker conversation during a union drive:

Union Mole "Employee": Hey, Mike. That's a really nice car you have there.

Mike: Yeah, it's pretty nice, I guess.

Union Mole "Employee": It would be a real shame if something were to happen to it. By the way, you're going to vote for the union, right?

After the election, the Union Mole "Employee" will quit and go get a job at the next workplace targeted by his actual employer. Which is the union.

• Haha
Dude, I bet I know a helluva lot more about the history of American labor unions than you do.

But history has nothing to do with TODAY.

Today's unions aren't this romantic notion of oppressed workers banding together to form a union and fight the evil employer.

Today's unions are big businesses that target employers they believe to be vulnerable based on sophisticated metrics. Then they send in moles to get hired and begin the card check process.

And let me tell you, that gets ugly. Here's a typical worker vs. worker conversation during a union drive:

Union Mole "Employee": Hey, Mike. That's a really nice car you have there.

Mike: Yeah, it's pretty nice, I guess.

Union Mole "Employee": It would be a real shame if something were to happen to it. By the way, you're going to vote for the union, right?

After the election, the Union Mole "Employee" will quit and go get a job at the next workplace targeted by his actual employer. Which is the union.
You're a moron.

I answered. You.

Your idiocy is boring me now. Carry on though. I'm sure others will remain entertained.

This is fantastic. Keep running away. All I did was affirm some simple truths about union labor, that you called ignorance. Simple truths that I see daily. That you won’t even touch. And you won’t tell me what a coward is in your definition. All because, by definition, it paints your friend in a color you don’t like.

So pleased to see them back in the white house yesterday
Unions are no longer needed, they are like the horse and buggy of business. We now have a minimum wage, overtime rules, OSHA, worker's compensation laws, health and safety inspections, child labor laws, etc. The only reason unions still exist is to provide a plausible money laundering scheme for the democratic party as well as a captive group of electioneers. Without their political arm, unions would have died on the vine decades ago.

Man, I don't know if I agree with this. I'm amazed with what companies are getting away with now.

My cousin took a job about 4 months ago with a national mobile billboard company. Travels all over the country with marketing promotions. He really enjoys it. He's 49 years old and hasn't had health insurance in a few years. We were talking about colonoscopies recently and he said he's never had one. I told him he better get one soon and he said he doesn't get health insurance with his new job in the first year. Plus, no time-and-a-half.

Works 50+ hours a week, $16 an hour, no time and a half, no health insurance with a middle-aged workforce. As long as employees agree to it, corporations will get away with whatever that can get away with.
Dude, just shut up. No one forced him to take that job, and he fully knew insurance wasn't offered. The company isn't "getting away" with anything. Your cousin sounds like an idiot for accepting the job.

They went on strike and lost their jobs. Sounds broke to me.
They were broke because of a shitty paying job and gave the owner the chance to up their pay or they were going to find a better paying job. I guarantee the small business owner lost more money in that deal than the entirety of his staff. That said, I do feel bad for small business owners when they go bankrupt.

They were broke because of a shitty paying job and gave the owner the chance to up their pay or they were going to find a better paying job. I guarantee the small business owner lost more money in that deal than the entirety of his staff. That said, I do feel bad for small business owners when they go bankrupt.

On the day they decided to not work and picket the coffee shop, they could have been working at their new job making money. Sucks for them.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT