ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup

Ill be there. Is there any information out there on this event? I was looking early last week and just about everything on the "World Cup Iowa City" website said something along the lines of more info to come. I found the schedule, but was wondering what the fan fest, or whatever they call it, would all entail and what the times on it were and where. Curious about the parking situation too.

I also read somewhere that you could change lineups up until a month before. Since we are past that date we should have a decent idea of other teams lineups shouldnt we? I couldnt find much anywhere though. I know a lot of foreign countries dont seem to care too much about the rules when it comes to these types of things, but I figured there would at least be something.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Have four going! Will be a BLAST. Hope CHA is rocking. Need to send a message to ALL Team USA this is the place to be!

Last edited:
I'll be there with an old buddy from North Liberty and my U of I days, as well as my middle school wrestling boy. Anybody know how ticket sales are going?

Reactions: wasdt21
With the World Cup right around the corner, let’s do a roll call. I can’t make it and am selfishly hoping some of the quality PBP guys are.
Will be there with a group of 8 - working on my Russian and Persian language with the help of Rosetta Stone to assist with recruiting of ‘33 lber. I’ll let Gilman recruit the Japan team.

Roster, going to be awesome.
FREESTYLE WORLD CUP
At Iowa City, Iowa, April 7-8

U.S. men’s freestyle lineup (as of March 14)
57 kg/125.5 lbs. – Thomas Gilman, Iowa City, Iowa (Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC)
61 kg/134 lbs. – Kendric Maple, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
65 kg/143 lbs. - Logan Stieber, Columbus, Ohio (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
70 kg/154 lbs. – James Green, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
74 kg/163 lbs. – Jordan Burroughs, Lincoln, Neb. (Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC)
79 kg/174 lbs. - Kyle Dake, Ithaca, N.Y. (Titan Mercury WC/Finger Lakes WC)
86 kg/189 lbs. - David Taylor, State College, Pa. (Titan Mercury WC/Nittany Lion WC)
92 kg/202.5 lbs. - J’den Cox, Columbia, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC/Missouri WF)
97 kg/213 lbs. - Kyle Snyder, Woodbine, Md. (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
125 kg/275 lbs. – Nick Gwiazdowski, Raleigh, N.C. (Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack WC)
National Freestyle Coaches – Bill Zadick, Kevin Jackson and Joe Russell (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Honorary Coaches – Dan Gable (Iowa City, Iowa), J Robinson (Minneapolis, Minn.), Mike Duroe (Marion, Iowa)

Reactions: meatloaf55
Anyone have one good ticket, I’ve denied myself too long. Need to see this.
Would section B row 15 be good at Carver guys?

Roster, going to be awesome.
FREESTYLE WORLD CUP
At Iowa City, Iowa, April 7-8

U.S. men’s freestyle lineup (as of March 14)
57 kg/125.5 lbs. – Thomas Gilman, Iowa City, Iowa (Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC)
61 kg/134 lbs. – Kendric Maple, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
65 kg/143 lbs. - Logan Stieber, Columbus, Ohio (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
70 kg/154 lbs. – James Green, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
74 kg/163 lbs. – Jordan Burroughs, Lincoln, Neb. (Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC)
79 kg/174 lbs. - Kyle Dake, Ithaca, N.Y. (Titan Mercury WC/Finger Lakes WC)
86 kg/189 lbs. - David Taylor, State College, Pa. (Titan Mercury WC/Nittany Lion WC)
92 kg/202.5 lbs. - J’den Cox, Columbia, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC/Missouri WF)
97 kg/213 lbs. - Kyle Snyder, Woodbine, Md. (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
125 kg/275 lbs. – Nick Gwiazdowski, Raleigh, N.C. (Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack WC)
National Freestyle Coaches – Bill Zadick, Kevin Jackson and Joe Russell (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Honorary Coaches – Dan Gable (Iowa City, Iowa), J Robinson (Minneapolis, Minn.), Mike Duroe (Marion, Iowa)
Kevin Jackson is a national team coach? Seriously?

Kevin Jackson is a national team coach? Seriously?
He has the credentials as far as being a wrestler. Lots of things involved in being a head coach other than wrestling as I know you are aware. Maybe he has the teaching down but not all the other aspects that make a good head coach.
Just a guess.

Be back in a few, going to watch Lee destroy Mater and Suriano again. lol
Might watch him stick Piccininni just for laughs. Piccininni thought he had a shot.

Will be there with chief

Wait......What?
306.gif

So you are Chief's Dad?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT