ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup

Ok, so I should have said, I will be there with chief and his dad. Btw, cards looked good today.

MLB channel on cable is doing 30 clubs in 30 days. Tonight was Cards. Had to tape it as busy, but will get to watch it later after watching Spencer a few more times............:)

Carver needs to be packed for this. Should be an awesome event. We need to show the World that the best wrestling fans are in IOWA!

The number 1 and 2 guys at their weight are coming plus a few Junior World guys to wrestle exhibitions. HWC is having a week long camp with all the guys March 29th til it begins. Should be an awesome week.
Mr. Brooks, I’d like to thank you for your constructive contributions to the board. Always enjoy your posts. Would be great to meet you if you make it to Iowa City for the World Cup.

Reactions: Huck and Dagboi
I have several family members going I believe. They went to Madison a year or so ago and Royce hitched a ride back to Iowa with them. That had to be an entertaining ride! I don't do Freestyle, but hope Team USA kicks butt.

Mr. Brooks, I’d like to thank you for your constructive contributions to the board. Always enjoy your posts. Would be great to meet you if you make it to Iowa City for the World Cup.
Aaron will be there with the team at 79KG, I won’t make it, but when my son gets to wrestle in that arena one day, that is one away match I will make. I love the Iowa history! I’ve always said you have to love the Hawks if you love college wrestling. It’s funny to see the hate for rivals because without your biggest rival what do we have? Respect those that make you better! Respect their efforts and compete. That is sport. Love wrestling! Thanks!!

"Details on parking options, allowed/prohibited items inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, and amenities offered (concessions, merchandise, etc.) will be available on or around Monday, February 5, 2018."

Uhhhh.

***Expanded outdoor food, beverage, and entertainment garden open from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm both days***
I wonder what the food will be.

Reactions: Dagboi
"Details on parking options, allowed/prohibited items inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena, and amenities offered (concessions, merchandise, etc.) will be available on or around Monday, February 5, 2018."

Uhhhh.

***Expanded outdoor food, beverage, and entertainment garden open from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm both days***
Taller ice cream cones? They're "expanded" enough as it is!

Uhhhh.

i wonder if instead of using buses to go downtown that they're going to have a closer food festival area near the arena since there probably aren't "Sessions" that need a new ticket to get into. I do find it a little surprising that they are just doing one mat for USA/IRAN, and then Russia/Kazak...but two mats all other times.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
i wonder if instead of using buses to go downtown that they're going to have a closer food festival area near the arena since there probably aren't "Sessions" that need a new ticket to get into. I do find it a little surprising that they are just doing one mat for USA/IRAN, and then Russia/Kazak...but two mats all other times.

That's what it seems like as far as food. No word about parking, shuttles, etc. yet.

My son and I are going, but haven't seen/heard about our tickets yet. How does everyone know their seats? Should I have gotten an email or something?

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
My son and I are going, but haven't seen/heard about our tickets yet. How does everyone know their seats? Should I have gotten an email or something?
i logged in to my hawkeyesports account and found what seats i was in using the order history...i got ones that are 10 rows in front of my season tickets

Got my tickets today. They moved me up one row from my season ticket seats, but not in aisle seats like I have my season tickets in

Roster, going to be awesome.
FREESTYLE WORLD CUP
At Iowa City, Iowa, April 7-8

U.S. men’s freestyle lineup (as of March 14)
57 kg/125.5 lbs. – Thomas Gilman, Iowa City, Iowa (Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC)
61 kg/134 lbs. – Kendric Maple, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
65 kg/143 lbs. - Logan Stieber, Columbus, Ohio (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
70 kg/154 lbs. – James Green, Lincoln, Neb. (Titan Mercury WC/Nebraska WTC)
74 kg/163 lbs. – Jordan Burroughs, Lincoln, Neb. (Sunkist Kids/Nebraska WTC)
79 kg/174 lbs. - Kyle Dake, Ithaca, N.Y. (Titan Mercury WC/Finger Lakes WC)
86 kg/189 lbs. - David Taylor, State College, Pa. (Titan Mercury WC/Nittany Lion WC)
92 kg/202.5 lbs. - J’den Cox, Columbia, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC/Missouri WF)
97 kg/213 lbs. - Kyle Snyder, Woodbine, Md. (Titan Mercury WC/Ohio RTC)
125 kg/275 lbs. – Nick Gwiazdowski, Raleigh, N.C. (Titan Mercury WC/Wolfpack WC)
National Freestyle Coaches – Bill Zadick, Kevin Jackson and Joe Russell (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Honorary Coaches – Dan Gable (Iowa City, Iowa), J Robinson (Minneapolis, Minn.), Mike Duroe (Marion, Iowa)

That's a hell of a lineup, I can't wait!

Reactions: Dagboi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT