ADVERTISEMENT

World's Largest Wrestling Tailgate Party prior to the meet in Kinnick

Liberty Hawk

HB All-American
Gold Member
Oct 28, 2002
World's Largest Wrestling Tailgate Party...
Grapple.jpg

Prior to the Iowa vs. Oklahoma State Grapple on the Gridiron at Kinnick Stadium, wrestling fans are invited to the World's Largest Wrestling Tailgate Party starting at 8:30 am at Duane Banks Iowa Baseball Complex. Admission is $10 in advance / $15 at the door. Proceeds are set to benefit the Iowa wrestling program and the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Our Hawkeye DJ's will be spinning tunes and Iowa wrestling highlight videos will be playing of the new Jumbo screen scoreboard in the outfield. For more information and to save $5 for advance reservations visit the link below. GO HAWKS!

https://bravosportsmarketing.com/product/wrestling-tailgate/

I have submitted a suggestion to ESPN that they do Gameday from inside Kinnick that morning. Long shot I know, but what a back-drop.

If we continue playing the way we have thus far it is not completely out of the realm of possibilities. There are 3 games scheduled that day between ranked (this week) teams., the best being #17 vs #2. Add in the wrestling meet and we should at least get consideration for SportsCenter on Campus if not Game Day.

Oh how I wish I lived just a little closer...11/14/15 has the potential to be a significantly awesome, awesome day. I hope folks get started with their tailgating at 7am, pack the wrestling meet (to push the attendance record into outerspace for all other teams), upset the Pokes in Kinnick, tailgate a few more hours, then hang 60 on the neighbors up north in front of a sell out crowd and hopefully a lot of national tv sets...what a day that will be (hopefully)!!!!

of course it would be nice to have the ESPN crew there too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

As a backup plan, how about BTN pregame guys broadcasting live from Kinnick? They've road tripped a couple times, and BTN has more of an incentive to pump up the wrestling match.

Is wrestling going to be televised? The football 'flying' cable camera would be a sweet angle for wrestling in Kinnick.

This should be televised but realize that may be a tough sell in a football Saturday.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
Even if GameDay isn't actually on site, I would hope that they would at least acknowledge such a unique college sporting event taking place that day. I think it's safe to assume that if Iowa is 10-0 that morning the meet will get considerable mention, but if the Hawks stumble before then it might just be only a quick look-in at the mat.

As far as TV goes, right now it is listed as a "delayed" broadcast on BTN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT