ADVERTISEMENT

Worried about a second Trump presidency?

Aug 10, 2023
WaPo sez: Just Move to Your French Vineyard!

https://archive.ph/Kyyed#selection-755.0-829.150

Who among us hasn’t wondered about skipping out on America after the election of one disagreeable president or another? The difference between us (well, most of us — one won’t assume) and former congressman Jim McDermott is that he has actually nursed three nanny goats in the tiny French village of Civrac-en-Médoc.

“From that moment, I belonged,” McDermott, a Democrat who served 14 terms in Congress, told former Post correspondent Elizabeth Becker.

The life Becker described is idyllic: gentle work in a little vineyard. Snails on the garden fence. Universal health care.
But McDermott also told her about his loneliness, far as he is from his longtime home in Washington state. And the term he uses for his petit chalet is chilling: “safe house.”
Of course, McDermott means safe from Donald Trump and from Trumpism; France became his primary residence during the former president’s administration.

• Love
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
WaPo sez: Just Move to Your French Vineyard!

https://archive.ph/Kyyed#selection-755.0-829.150

Who among us hasn’t wondered about skipping out on America after the election of one disagreeable president or another? The difference between us (well, most of us — one won’t assume) and former congressman Jim McDermott is that he has actually nursed three nanny goats in the tiny French village of Civrac-en-Médoc.

“From that moment, I belonged,” McDermott, a Democrat who served 14 terms in Congress, told former Post correspondent Elizabeth Becker.

The life Becker described is idyllic: gentle work in a little vineyard. Snails on the garden fence. Universal health care.
But McDermott also told her about his loneliness, far as he is from his longtime home in Washington state. And the term he uses for his petit chalet is chilling: “safe house.”
Of course, McDermott means safe from Donald Trump and from Trumpism; France became his primary residence during the former president’s administration.

Sounds nice. I might do that….

I bet there are some MAGAts who are looking at homes in Moscow just in case Biden wins another term. If you watched Tucker Carlson you can't blame them. Russia is great, has nice subways and grocery stores and things are cheap; it will only cost you every freedom you've ever loved in the US to live there!

My wife and I are two of the few people who liked this. (Though the leads do not have any chemistry.)

I bet there are some MAGAts who are looking at homes in Moscow just in case Biden wins another term. If you watched Tucker Carlson you can't blame them. Russia is great, has nice subways and grocery stores and things are cheap; it will only cost you every freedom you've ever loved in the US to live there!
Look over there!

Any rational thinking American should be worried about a second Trump presidency. Forget about his many character flaws, obvious incompetency, and basic dumbness, but most importantly, ponder the unthinkable - a convicted felon sitting in the oval office.

Nah they would rather be martyred Ashley Babbit style on insurrection day 2.0. They’re already saying out loud they’re going to do it again. A little herd thinning could be good.

Reactions: Sexican and MitchLL
Any rational thinking American should be worried about a second Trump presidency. Forget about his many character flaws, obvious incompetency, and basic dumbness, but most importantly, ponder the unthinkable - a convicted felon sitting in the oval office.
Yes, all of those things, plus if he is convicted.

If the Ds take the house back there would probably be a record set for the number of times a president would be impeached over 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT