ADVERTISEMENT

Worst atmosphere in the country

Should rename CHA the Library. Iowa fans are embarrassing. Barta is an idiot for not moving the students around the court to get them involved instead of staying in their dorms, apartments, or houses.
I remember one year Iowa was hosting a big wrestling meet. The student section was always free and general seating. They oversold tickets and sold tickets to people in the student section. All the people that paid were mad because everyone around them was standing the whole time, and all the students were mad because they were shoved up to the concourse.

The athletic department doesn't give a sh** about the students.

That’s sad and wrong. The U of I should be all about the students but when your Athletic Department is led by a clueless leader like Barta, what do you expect.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
this place is a morgue.

-Ha. I have to get a laugh at this. The atmosphere was so bad at Pitt last year when Kevin Stallings and Scott Barnes tried to kill our basketball program with some type of self imposed death penalty, we had literally under 100 fans at some of the games last season and it was like a junior varsity high school game. You could hear the coaches, the players, and the cheerleaders over the crowd during the live games on tv and the internet streams. It was that bad and that sad last year at Pitt. If another Power 5 school accomplishes that type of embarrassment Ill have to see it to believe it.

this place is a morgue.
Obviously it's easier to concentrate in a morgue than with a bunch of rowdy hooligans screaming and stomping their feet. :rolleyes:

65 Bucknell Sojka Pavillion 4,000 2002 16 170 53 .7623
66 UTEP Don Haskins Center 12,000 1977 41 548 172 .7611
67 Iowa Carver-Hawkeye Arena 15,400 1982 36 444 140 .7603
68 Akron James A. Rhodes Arena 5,500 1983 35 393 124 .7602
69 Ohio Convocation Center 13,080 1968 50 513 162 .7600
70 San Diego St. Viejas Arena 12,414 1997 21 251 81 .7560
71 Montana Dahlberg Arena 7,321 1953 65 699 228 .7540
72 Connecticut XL Center/Gampel Pav. 16,294 1975 43 356 117 .7526
73 Iowa St. J. Hilton Coliseum 14,356 1971 47 542 179 .7517
74 Virginia Tech Cassell Coliseum 9,847 1961 57 590 195 .7516
75 Wake Forest Joel Mem. Coliseum 14,407 1989 29 344 114 .7511
76 Marshall Henderson Center 9,043 1981 37 404 134 .7509
77 Temple The Liacouras Ctr. 10,206 1997 21 220 73 .7509

http://rpiratings.com/homecourtrec.php

Problem is 90% of you bitching about it never or hardly ever go... Iowa was projected to win big so no anticipation before the game and Iowa didn't really have those big momentum shifts til Baers 3 pointers to get it going. As someone who makes it to 5-10 games a year, it was okay for a Tuesday but hoping for more on Friday.

Problem is 90% of you bitching about it never or hardly ever go... Iowa was projected to win big so no anticipation before the game and Iowa didn't really have those big momentum shifts til Baers 3 pointers to get it going. As someone who makes it to 5-10 games a year, it was okay for a Tuesday but hoping for more on Friday.

Live in DM metro and busy tonight. I’d think 15,500 from EI could attend the game.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

I thought the crowd came off well enough on TV...but you're right. I haven't been to a game since I graduated, but I do live in Charlotte, so that's tough on a school night.

Can't believe you're there. With all the comments I would think you would be on tv with only a handful of people sitting on their hands. Good to have something to complain about on a cold night...Would have been a lot better for you guys if they had lost..:(

When the Hawks were consistently in contention for the NCAA tournament and a top half finish in the big ten carver rocked. I attended many games at Carver during the Tom Davis era. Place was packed and loud. Saw an interview with Kendall Gill where he called carver one of the toughest places to play in the big ten. It’s not the arena. It may not be the best arena in college bball but the problem isn’t the structure. It’s the product. If iowa keeps winning and that will obviously require a continued effort on D then come big ten season Carver will start to fill up. If you build it they will come.

I thought the crowd came off well enough on TV...but you're right. I haven't been to a game since I graduated, but I do live in Charlotte, so that's tough on a school night.

It's one thing not to go to a game (your case 100% reasonable) but it's different to complain about the crowd while not going. I would have loved more energy but I went in expecting us to roll.

Should rename CHA the Library. Iowa fans are embarrassing. Barta is an idiot for not moving the students around the court to get them involved instead of staying in their dorms, apartments, or houses.

Yes, those empty seats would look great courtside on top of the lost revenue.

Do whatever the hell it takes to get rid of the damn gigantic aisles in tv view
We need to remove a few rows above the current black seats and add a mini concourse so we don’t need every aisle going to the floor.

Or fans could just show up. Either one.

5% chance OP was actually there. Anybody willing to take the over?

I’ll be there Friday too.

ak1jpLN.jpg

Also in no way am I dogging on CHA or even Iowa athletics. They are trying. The students suck and local fans don’t give 2 shits about attending. The attendance is atrocious, not the experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT