ADVERTISEMENT

Worst coaching job in years. Maybe ever in KF era?

Jul 14, 2022
1. Horrible RZ offensive play calls
2. Decision to go for 2 in 3Q
3. Passing against a dejected defense up two scores on first down with a short field.
4. Not continually running against a depleted ISU linebacker unit despite having success
5. Not taking the timeout instead of the delay of game on the punt.
6. Not a 100% sure but think they were in a man defense on the big 30 yard throw setting up the field goal.

3. Passing against a dejected defense up two scores on first down with a short field.
4. Not continually running against a depleted ISU linebacker unit despite having success
6. Not a 100% sure but think they were in a man defense on the big 30 yard throw setting up the field goal.
Spot on

I imagine Kirk will say he’s disappointed while every other player and coach will feel embarrassed. That’s the difference.

I'd say that was the worst coached game.

Western Michigan might have been better than us the last time we didn't go to a bowl.

2014 Iowa St. was one decision.

This was a complete failure from everyone from the 2nd quarter on. Bad coaching, bad play calling, bad execution. It's hard to even be that mad. We just were terribly outcoached.

Western Michigan in 2007 at home with a bowl game on the line was the last time I can remember wanting to light all my hawk gear on fire. Today is close.
I almost torched all my Hawkeye gear after the 2016 Rose Bowl, including about $200 of stuff I bought just from that game. I was never as excited for a game ever, but that game changed me. Now I just try not to get too down depending on the result of the game. Today's game sucked no doubt, but I still had fun tailgating with friends and enjoyed a nice day weather wise. I complained quite a bit on my walk back to the car, but I had pretty much moved on by the time I got home.

The 2014 loss to ISU at Kinnick will still be the worst coaching job I've ever seen.

Could have called a timeout to give us fifty-some seconds left after their FG attempt. Instead let it run and wasted it icing a missed FG. He hit the next one for the win.
Unfortunately this game felt eerily similar to that one.

Both were trash games that we lost and shouldn't have.

I absolutely f***ing hate that just because our opponent made plays down the stretch and we pooped our pants that people think they have to say the better team won.

No......no they didn't. It's just that we like to find ways to lose so that other teams and their fanbases can feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately this game felt eerily similar to that one.

Both were trash games that we lost and shouldn't have.

I absolutely f***ing hate that just because our opponent made plays down the stretch and we pooped our pants that people think they have to say the better team won.

No......no they didn't. It's just that we like to find ways to lose so that other teams and their fanbases can feel good about themselves.

We're just nice like that.

I almost torched all my Hawkeye gear after the 2016 Rose Bowl, including about $200 of stuff I bought just from that game. I was never as excited for a game ever, but that game changed me. Now I just try not to get too down depending on the result of the game. Today's game sucked no doubt, but I still had fun tailgating with friends and enjoyed a nice day weather wise. I complained quite a bit on my walk back to the car, but I had pretty much moved on by the time I got home.
I feel almost the exact opposite. We were just flat out, out talented in the Rose Bowl. It was an awesome pregame and just being in Pasadena. Today we weren’t outcoached, I.e. ISUs coaches didn’t do anything extraordinary, we just failed at simple rules of finishing a game.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
Zero creativity

Zilch

How about giving your running QB a few snaps to throw them off

How about play action when everyone in the building knows you are running?

I hate KF at this point
I’ve heard he uses a Green, Yellow, Red light approach in terms of offensive playcalls. Had to think a ton of Red was relayed to Lester in the 2nd half today.

Just stop bro

If you mean recruiting when you say coaching, then yes. Keep in mind this OL has what 131 starts and still isn’t good. We’ve fielded 6-7 straight years of bottom 20% percentile QB’s.
200 yards rushing. The o-line, particularly the right side was good. All on the QB and boneheaded coaching decisions

200 yards rushing. The o-line, particularly the right side was good. All on the QB and boneheaded coaching decisions
I think they’re good at run blocking but struggle at pass pro, especially at OT. Dunker has a mean streak in the run game but isn’t very athletic and Richman just lacks any kind of intensity and is very average. In one particular play, both Dunker and Colby gave up on their blocks and watched their defenders pressure Cade.

The play calling and QB play were very bad, so I’m not defending that. But an OL with this type of experience should be dominant. They should be able to get a push for 1 yard in goal line situations with 3 opportunities to score. So much blame to go around.

Reactions: MitchLL
I think they’re good at run blocking but struggle at pass pro, especially at OT. Dunker has a mean streak in the run game but isn’t very athletic and Richman just lacks any kind of intensity and is very average. In one particular play, both Dunker and Colby gave up on their blocks and watched their defenders pressure Cade.

The play calling and QB play were very bad, so I’m not defending that. But an OL with this type of experience should be dominant. They should be able to get a push for 1 yard in goal line situations with 3 opportunities to score. So much blame to go around.
^^^^^This

Experience does not equate to talent.
I think it's more a testament that the young linemen aren't pressing for playing time because they are below average as well.

Reactions: mlb1399
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT