ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Stadiums ...

Kind of a silly list if you ask me. Some of those stadiums are not bad at all, but they made the list because they don't get a lot of fan support. Besides, how could NW not make the top 5?
I guess its just one person's perspective. I just clicked through them without reading the text for each one. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I guess its just one person's perspective. I just clicked through them without reading the text for each one. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

No problem. These "lists" are always very subjective - they pretty much have to be.

Kind of a silly list if you ask me. Some of those stadiums are not bad at all, but they made the list because they don't get a lot of fan support. Besides, how could NW not make the top 5?

You are totally correct.

Amazingly, I have been to 13 of these stadiums. Some of them are extremely nice. Small schools just don't have big stadiums. Miami of Ohio is really cool I thought.

The fact Bowling Green was not included says the list is invalid. :D

You are totally correct.

Amazingly, I have been to 13 of these stadiums. Some of them are extremely nice. Small schools just don't have big stadiums. Miami of Ohio is really cool I thought.

The fact Bowling Green was not included says the list is invalid. :D

Here is the seething review of the 19th worst football stadium - Northern Illinois.:rolleyes:

The Huskies are a solid team in the MAC, but they have a lackluster stadium to play in. Even fans who have nice things to say about their game experience say the venue needs a refresh.

"Has that old stadium feel. Concessions don't take card and the ATM was out of money," says one Google reviewer, who adds: "Over all had a good time."

Oh, OUCH!

Here is the seething review of the 19th worst football stadium - Northern Illinois.:rolleyes:

The Huskies are a solid team in the MAC, but they have a lackluster stadium to play in. Even fans who have nice things to say about their game experience say the venue needs a refresh.

"Has that old stadium feel. Concessions don't take card and the ATM was out of money," says one Google reviewer, who adds: "Over all had a good time."

Oh, OUCH!

Mrs. Herk pooped there. She said the restroom was clean. It wasn't a game day.

It looked cheap as if it was done on a limited budget but they needed 30,000 plus seats. There was nothing special, but it was well maintained. I would not have been critical. Ball State's was really nice.

I've not been to Akron's new stadium, but I have been to the Rubber Bowl, yes, that's the name of the stadium. I loved it!!! But I love old school. Keep in mind I like Ryan Field. Not so much the track and proximity of the stands, but I like the exterior of Ryan Field and the little hill inside. It just has a great old school feel to me.

Now watch me get attacked for liking Northwestern. I also love the hot dog stand outside Ryan Field. Those people rock!! :)

Mrs. Herk pooped there. She said the restroom was clean. It wasn't a game day.

It looked cheap as if it was done on a limited budget but they needed 30,000 plus seats. There was nothing special, but it was well maintained. I would not have been critical. Ball State's was really nice.

I've not been to Akron's new stadium, but I have been to the Rubber Bowl, yes, that's the name of the stadium. I loved it!!! But I love old school. Keep in mind I like Ryan Field. Not so much the track and proximity of the stands, but I like the exterior of Ryan Field and the little hill inside. It just has a great old school feel to me.

Now watch me get attacked for liking Northwestern. I also love the hot dog stand outside Ryan Field. Those people rock!! :)

To each his own, I guess. I love the location of the stadium, but it's hard for me to find virtue in any other qualities. The track makes it very "high school", and the last time I was there (quite a while ago) the area under the stands was terrible.

Reactions: Herkmeister
To each his own, I guess. I love the location of the stadium, but it's hard for me to find virtue in any other qualities. The track makes it very "high school", and the last time I was there (quite a while ago) the area under the stands was terrible.

It is shitty under the stadium. A number of stadiums have tracks. I hate them.

Am I the only one who is really annoyed by articles that make you click through a large number of slides to see the whole article?

I only made it to page 2

I hate them too. But I've adapted to technology you old bastard. :D:D:D

Reactions: cmhawks99
I hate them too. But I've adapted to technology you old bastard. :D:D:D
Ha! Ok, I'll bite, so what's the hack to see it without all the clicks? Best I've found is to manually type page numbers at the end of the URL.

Tracks are the single easiest way to ruin a football stadium. It removes the fans too far from the field of play. Tracks should be built on seperate land from football. Even stadiums that have bowed sidelines like South Carolina or Georgia I don't like.

Totally agree. :)

Ryan field looked cool on the outside but like you said about memorial stadium once you get inside wow. Kinda like a nice dress on an old hooker once the dress comes oh boy

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Ryan field looked cool on the outside but like you said about memorial stadium once you get inside wow. Kinda like a nice dress on an old hooker once the dress comes oh boy

I don't know why I like Ryan Field so much. I think it's the art deco. And event he had rails just give me the feeling I'm going back into time. Kind of like watching Hoosiers if you know what I mean? LOL

Reactions: Wadzinator
I don't know why I like Ryan Field so much. I think it's the art deco. And event he had rails just give me the feeling I'm going back into time. Kind of like watching Hoosiers if you know what I mean? LOL
I was in the shoe and that area was pretty rusty I believe we came the east gate I remember thinking wow this place has never been upgraded old chain link fences underneath the bleachers never made over to press box side maybe its different over there

I was in the shoe and that area was pretty rusty I believe we came the east gate I remember thinking wow this place has never been upgraded old chain link fences underneath the bleachers never made over to press box side maybe its different over there

I've never been inside the shoe. But when we travel we like to drive by stadiums. Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't. But it's fun. I was surprised I'd seen 13 of the 25 listed.

The worst by far was in Florida. It was Florida Atlantic. They have now built a new stadium, but it's unimaginable how bad the facility was where they played. It was a municipal high school stadium. Lockhart Stadium in Boca Raton, FL. Here's a pic. (I know the rules. :))

Reactions: Wadzinator

Cuz the writer didnt see the Port O Pottys on the visitors side?? I agree about be higher

Uh, there is no track at Ryan Field.

Seems like they forgot one... I love the Hawkeyes and Kinnick has a rustic charm but also some major issues

1) Restrooms non-existent there should be no reason why a person would need to wait 20-30 minutes to take a piss. Even despite recent upgrades it's almost embarrassing to describe to a new visitor to Kinnick why despite millions of dollars in renovations that it still cannot invest in restrooms .

2) Concessions... again almost impossible to order and get good within a 20-30 minute timeframe . The selections are fairly good but the prices are closer to a Pro- Sporting Event than a college stadium.

3) The flow of traffic is chaotic at best, lines for restrooms and concessions go out into the concourse and prohibit any movement from North to South . Outside the stadium long lines form at entrance because of limited entry gates and it's not unusual for people to be lined up at a standstill in the tunnels .

4) The seating width is ridiculous resulting in overcrowding .

5) Parking and traffic flow outside stadium is a nightmare. Tailgating restrictions enacted within the past decade have resulted in the downgrading of the game day experience for average fans . The University has spent all their time and effort and money into amenities enjoyed by the few very wealthy contributors that make up less than 10% of the fan base.

6) The sound system is not very good at all and scoreboards are marginal at best for a 70,000 seat stadium.

Feel free to add your opinions but in general for me and the average Iowa fan the whole game day experience was so much better between 1980-2010 Z

That’s interesting. We sat in the front row and I vividly remember a track. Your post caused me to look at an aerial photo. You are correct, there is not an oval track. However it does appear that the remnants of a track still exist.

I stand corrected but now I’ll have to do a little research. Do you think that was a track at one time?

Well........

The stadium hosted the 1932 women’s track and field Olympic trials. It hosted the 1948 men’s track and field Olympic trials also. I did not find anything about the removal of the track. And some photos appear to have a track and others do not. I appreciate your post. ;)

Apparently, the writer of this article has never been to Spartan Stadium in East Lansing. I went to see Iowa play there last year, and I couldn't believe what a dump it was. I assumed with the success of the program in recent years, they'd have a few upgrades, but it's one of the worst stadiums I've ever been to. It made Memorial Stadium in Champaign, look incredible.

By golly, you are right. Maybe it used to be a track?

SQ000605.jpg

Feel free to add your opinions but in general for me and the average Iowa fan the whole game day experience was so much better between 1980-2010 Z

I have no issue with anything you said - except, I don't know how you could say it was better in the 80's. For example, the tennis courts right next to the stadium to the south. Ugh. The improvements they have made have been great.

Indiana is weird for me. Their stadium is very unique....but wonky at the same time. The expansion helped its overall aesthetic appearance, but it apparently did nothing to excite their "basketball-school" fanbase.

Indiana is right on par, if not worse than Northwestern at showing up and not letting visiting teams pretty much have their run of the stadium.......

On the best side, Kinnick is the consensus #6 in the B1G and probably always will be. I don’t read “Best B1G football stadium” lists anymore because Iowa is ranked 5th, 6th or 7th every single time.

For me the shittiest is Jack Trice Stadium. Has a lot to do with the people that fill the place though.

As expected, Vanderbilt Stadium is #1.
Living in Nashville for the past 18+ sports and being connected to lots of the local sports media, it's universally panned.

Vanderbilt is also the big tight @$$ university.

One local Nashville sports legend told me a story about how he went to pre-game meal, and he was scolded by some Vandy employee for trying to take 2 hot dogs.
The Vandy employee told the local sports legend that we're running out of hot dogs, so you can only had 1.
He replied, "well, it looks like you're going to need to order more hot dogs."

Vanderbilt is tight wad on hot dogs, which tells you everything you need to know about the athletic program.
They are wearing a ski mask every time they get SEC Network money.

Ha! Ok, I'll bite, so what's the hack to see it without all the clicks? Best I've found is to manually type page numbers at the end of the URL.

If I want to see how shitty some 1970's sex symbol looks today, I just Google her pic now and save all the time of clicking those damn things. :p

But I'm a curious bastard. I fall for all of them!!

Reactions: thewop
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT