ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Stadiums ...

That’s interesting. We sat in the front row and I vividly remember a track. Your post caused me to look at an aerial photo. You are correct, there is not an oval track. However it does appear that the remnants of a track still exist.

I stand corrected but now I’ll have to do a little research. Do you think that was a track at one time?
I believe they removed the track at Ryan Field more than 20 years ago during a renovation that also involved lowering the field.

By golly, you are right. Maybe it used to be a track?

SQ000605.jpg

Those with a keen eye will take note that this is NOT a picture of a Northwestern game.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
By golly, you are right. Maybe it used to be a track?

SQ000605.jpg

That is a very old picture as witness the old pressbox. Almost every college football stadium was built with a track. Except for Indiana and Minnesota every one of the original Big Ten stadiums was built in the period before 1930.

I was surprised to see the Alamodome listed as the third worst stadium in America.

I'm still going to the game, though.
Third worst? No wonder SA can not draw a professional team. Wonder how it would rate as a basketball arena?

Tracks are the single easiest way to ruin a football stadium. It removes the fans too far from the field of play. Tracks should be built on seperate land from football. Even stadiums that have bowed sidelines like South Carolina or Georgia I don't like.

This was the problem with Ohio Stadium for years. When they closed in the end zone, took out the track, lowered the field and added 10 rows closer to the field....the place become one of the best in college football.

Reactions: NashvilleHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT