ADVERTISEMENT

Would not want to be Kevin Warren if OSU doesnt get in.

I think the rules will be amended...there was rumor already that FOX would try and flex its TV muscles and not televise the game if it was NW vs. Indiana or something to that effect.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
They already moved it to 11am
Hmmm..interesting. Definitely NOT a prime time TV slot for ratings. What an odd year, not sure I have any adjectives left for 2020.

How much MORE angry would you be as an Iowa fan if this was a 'normal' year stubbing our toe and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory vs. Purdue and NW? That said, we normally get a few non conf games to work out the kinks.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
FYI, OSU will resume organized team activities Tuesday afternoon. OSU did not release any further details.

Hmmm..interesting. Definitely NOT a prime time TV slot for ratings. What an odd year, not sure I have any adjectives left for 2020.

How much MORE angry would you be as an Iowa fan if this was a 'normal' year stubbing our toe and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory vs. Purdue and NW? That said, we normally get a few non conf games to work out the kinks.

We're use to being kicked in the balls, we're Iowa fans. Also if Iowa was in this game this year, it's the opposite of the Iowa/Gonzaga hoops game.

• Haha
Reactions: GoUIowa
I think the rules will be amended...there was rumor already that FOX would try and flex its TV muscles and not televise the game if it was NW vs. Indiana or something to that effect.

Fox can choose to televise whatever they want, but I assume there is a contract in place stipulating the B1G gets paid for the broadcast rights to the B1G championship game, and not based on what Fox chooses to actually broadcast. And Fox knew the rules for qualifying for the game, so failing to honor the contract just because they didn't like the results wouldn't get them very far.

Don't worry about Ohio State being undefeated.

We'll take care of that on the 19th....... :cool:
O$u can still make the playoff if they don’t get into the BTCG.
Right now, their biggest problem isn’t the number of games they’ve had cancelled. It’s the number of losses their opponents have had. The only team they’ve beaten with a winning record has been Indiana, and they just lost their starting QB.

That is a truly moronic rumor.

It is a message board wet dream, not something a corporation would do.

Reactions: Psyclone
Can't imagine to many people would be wanting to be KW with the way this has all played out if an undefeated OSU doesn't get in because there wasn't enough time to reschedule games.
Kevin Warren is a Spineless Hypocritical Puppet. The BIG Leadership now is beyond pathetic. Warren and several Presidents need to be sent down the road.

ESPN is reporting that Ohio State will resume team activities today as it hopes to play later this week at Michigan State.

If OSU can't get in the 6 games and is ineligible for the B1G Title game? I don't think anyone outside of Bloomington IN & Evanston IL will want to see an IU vs Northwestern B1G Title game. IU lost to tOSU & has now lost its starting QB to an ACL tear. And N'western now looks really bad for losing to a really bad Michigan State team.

Can you imagine IU or N'western raising the B1G Championship trophy when its clear as day that tOSU is the league's best team?

losing that 17-0 lead vs Northwestern will haunt everyone for a while

ESPN is reporting that Ohio State will resume team activities today as it hopes to play later this week at Michigan State.

If OSU can't get in the 6 games and is ineligible for the B1G Title game? I don't think anyone outside of Bloomington IN & Evanston IL will want to see an IU vs Northwestern B1G Title game. IU lost to tOSU & has now lost its starting QB to an ACL tear. And N'western now looks really bad for losing to a really bad Michigan State team.

Can you imagine IU or N'western raising the B1G Championship trophy when its clear as day that Iowa is the league's best team?
Fify..... :cool:

Iowa > everyone else

It's unfortunate, but it will never be a loss that haunts me like others in the past have.

Even at the time after the game, to be honest, I felt like it was a necessary loss (obviously depending on how the team responded......which they then did).

This was not as painful as 2009 Northwestern or 2017 Penn State or 2010 or 2018 Wisconsin. Even the 2002 loss to Iowa State, which this is fairly similar to, was more painful in retrospect.

I also think the stupidity of this year has helped dull the pain, if that makes any sense..........😐

If OSU does not play for e B1G it is possible it will be OSU v Iowa and OSU will want to prove they belong in the playoffs AND coach Day will be reminding the players of 2016

If OSU does not play for e B1G it is possible it will be OSU v Iowa and OSU will want to prove they belong in the playoffs AND coach Day will be reminding the players of 2016
I would hope so, because we didn't play them in 2016, so maybe we'll catch them off guard when they arrive to the game and are surprised to find out they're playing Iowa and not somebody they lost to in 2016............................ ;)

Reactions: Madman_1
O$u can still make the playoff if they don’t get into the BTCG.
Right now, their biggest problem isn’t the number of games they’ve had cancelled. It’s the number of losses their opponents have had. The only team they’ve beaten with a winning record has been Indiana, and they just lost their starting QB.

You can pretty much say the same thing about every Big Ten team when you only have 5/14 teams with winning records currently and one of the 5 is Wisconsin who's played 3 games. Too many games have been cancelled in your conference or maybe there would be a few more teams with better records.

Here are your top 5 Big Ten teams:
Ohio State (1 good win against Indiana)
Northwestern (2 good wins: Iowa & Wisconsin)
Indiana (yet to beat a good team, maybe beats Wisconsin on Sat?)
Iowa (yet to beat a good team)
Wisconsin (yet to beat a good team)

3 combined wins over teams with winning records and Northwestern has 2 of those wins. No Big Ten team outside of Northwestern really has a decent resume for making the playoffs (and they're out of contention now with loss to Mich St). Ohio State will have 2 good wins at the most in their 7-0 season (should they get in all games). Hardly criteria for a top 4 team. Indiana will still be ranked high in playoff rankings too tonight I'm sure, which is a joke. Their selling point is "we played Ohio State to a close loss".

Fox can choose to televise whatever they want, but I assume there is a contract in place stipulating the B1G gets paid for the broadcast rights to the B1G championship game, and not based on what Fox chooses to actually broadcast. And Fox knew the rules for qualifying for the game, so failing to honor the contract just because they didn't like the results wouldn't get them very far.
Just another lonely soul making sh.. up.

You can pretty much say the same thing about every Big Ten team when you only have 5/14 teams with winning records currently and one of the 5 is Wisconsin who's played 3 games. Too many games have been cancelled in your conference or maybe there would be a few more teams with better records.

3 combined wins over teams with winning records and Northwestern has 2 of those wins. No Big Ten team outside of Northwestern really has a decent resume for making the playoffs. Ohio State will have 2 good wins at the most in their 7-0 season (should they get in all games). Hardly criteria for a top 4 team. Indiana will still be ranked high in playoff rankings too tonight I'm sure, which is a joke. Their selling point is "we played Ohio State to a close loss".
Yeah, but like the NCAA BB tournament, the CFP committee takes injuries into account.

They'll still keep Indiana in the Top 12, but this may be the last week they're that high.

They're certainly aware of what the Penix injury means.

I honestly think at some point they need to start looking at the most "deserving" teams and not just who they think are the best teams.....

Reactions: 98Clone
It's unfortunate, but it will never be a loss that haunts me like others in the past have.

Even at the time after the game, to be honest, I felt like it was a necessary loss (obviously depending on how the team responded......which they then did).

This was not as painful as 2009 Northwestern or 2017 Penn State or 2010 or 2018 Wisconsin. Even the 2002 loss to Iowa State, which this is fairly similar to, was more painful in retrospect.

I also think the stupidity of this year has helped dull the pain, if that makes any sense..........😐

There is an element of 2020 just being a long series of kicks to the nuts that made that loss less painful. I just flipped off the TV and went for a walk.

Yeah, but like the NCAA BB tournament, the CFP committee takes injuries into account.

They'll still keep Indiana in the Top 12, but this may be the last week they're that high.

They're certainly aware of what the Penix injury means.

I honestly think at some point they need to start looking at the most "deserving" teams and not just who they think are the best teams.....

This year more than any other they will go by the eye test, since none of the P5 conferences were playing against each other (with a few exceptions). If we assume that OSU beats MSU and Michigan, then beats Northwestern in the title game that is not a good resume. No fault of their own, usually PSU and Michigan don't suck. It would be especially painful if Northwestern were to lose to Illinois before playing OSU.

KF seems to have the right attitude right now, happy for any games that get to be played. Trying to look much past the immediate week is not very wise right now.

FOX owns 49% of the BTN will not happen.

The BIG is a shit show this year. Michigan, PSU, and Nebby all suck. Wisky can't get on the field, NU loses to horrible MSU, IU loses their QB, basically there is only one elite team that may not get to 6 games if Michigan shuts down which now appears likely.

If fOSU doesn't get to the BCG they'd most likely play the winner of the Iowa- Wisky game but is that enough to get them to the playoff?

That's America today, especially the FOX America. Screw the rules. Do whatever the hell you want. Or at least try to. Never admit you're a liar and a scumbag and millions of other lying scumbugs will kiss your ass every hour on the hour. Experts on the virus are "idiots." People who believe the election was fair, which even the scumbag attorney general has now been forced to admit it was, should be "drawn and quartered," they "should be shot." That's certainly what they do in Russia and North Korea.

That's the America decent people are trying to leave behind, but the sociopaths among us--and they are legion--continue to scurry around like the cockroaches they are.

Meanwhile, COVID-19 is running rampant, about 270,000 people are dead, and you're criticizing a guy who actually tried to do something about all that. Well played.

Nah, Ive come to expect pissing away the west somehow every year. We played 1 team with a winning record and lost. This team deserves nothing.....just glad we have played them all and we have Debbie and Minny tropgies to make us feel better about never getting the one that matters

That's America today, especially the FOX America. Screw the rules. Do whatever the hell you want. Or at least try to. Never admit you're a liar and a scumbag and millions of other lying scumbugs will kiss your ass every hour on the hour. Experts on the virus are "idiots." People who believe the election was fair, which even the scumbag attorney general has now been forced to admit it was, should be "drawn and quartered," they "should be shot." That's certainly what they do in Russia and North Korea.

That's the America decent people are trying to leave behind, but the sociopaths among us--and they are legion--continue to scurry around like the cockroaches they are.

Meanwhile, COVID-19 is running rampant, about 270,000 people are dead, and you're criticizing a guy who actually tried to do something about all that. Well played.
Nice characterization of the Red China/Oligarchs, sorry Democrats.
Its so funny how people can so easy describe EXACTLY what they do as negative when they paste on someone else.

3 combined wins over teams with winning records and Northwestern has 2 of those wins. No Big Ten team outside of Northwestern really has a decent resume for making the playoffs (and they're out of contention now with loss to Mich St). Ohio State will have 2 good wins at the most in their 7-0 season (should they get in all games). Hardly criteria for a top 4 team. Indiana will still be ranked high in playoff rankings too tonight I'm sure, which is a joke. Their selling point is "we played Ohio State to a close loss".
You realize that when you are playing in conference only there will be a lot of .500 or losing records as the teams feast on each other.

Guess what the entire conference combined win percentage is right now? Tick tock, tick tock...

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Never thought I'd say this, but...I wouldn't be pissed if you "disappeared". You're just so misinformed, dense, and willfully ignorant.

Your hero, Dr Fauci, told America on 2/29/2020--AFTER the travel ban-- "America does NOT need to alter its behavior".

There is nothing "decent" about you. Just ****ing stop, already.

So Ohio State getting COVID is Warren’s fault? The whole season is a do over anyway. Ohio State getting in even with only 6 games is a joke.

In 1961 an Ohio State Academic Council voted to turn down the Big 10 Champion Buckeye's invitation to the Rose Bowl. The result? A big riot in Columbus. Minnesota ended up in the Rose Bowl because Jim Murray and other Los Angeles writers went nuts on Alabama and Bear Bryant being the possible replacement for Ohio State.

If any conference wants to finish this season, it needs to take an agile approach to getting games in at this point imo. That means if you have 2 teams come back clean on a Tuesday morning, one of them is on a bus by noon for a 7pm kickoff. It sucks and will get complaints from all parties, but the alternative is having a ton of games canceled

Illinois had something like 12k+ positive results today, this will impact both northwestern and illinois by Saturday. It’s almost a guarantee

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Interesting read here for deaths...

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - The Johns Hopkins News-Letter (archive.org)

Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT