ADVERTISEMENT

Would Republicans have EVER lost an election if Reagan hadn’t pushed trickle down economics?

Tom Paris

HB King
Oct 1, 2001
Seriously, if he had just cut the corporate tax rate A LITTLE, instead of slashing it, continuing to protect the middle class, instead of starting a massive increase in the wealth gap, I’m not sure, after his 1984 absolute ass kicking of Mondale, Republicans could have lost a Presidential election. They have slowly screwed everyone but the wealthy for 40 years. Instead they have had to manipulate, gaslight, and lie. Dummies.

Seriously, if he had just cut the corporate tax rate A LITTLE, instead of slashing it, continuing to protect the middle class, instead of starting a massive increase in the wealth gap, I’m not sure, after his 1984 absolute ass kicking of Mondale, Republicans could have lost a Presidential election. They have slowly screwed everyone but the wealthy for 40 years. Instead they have had to manipulate, gaslight, and lie. Dummies.
A supply side never worked. Sure, in theory it's cheap but if you don't have any money per se it doesn't matter. Demand drives profits, not the Chinese system of cheap goods emphasize on cheap low wage workers can afford. They thought they could pay you 3.335 an hour or 5.15 an hour and give you cheap merchandise that would be self-sustaining. Reagonomics was a huge bust for Iowa. Maybe not for the defense industries in Cali and the east coast, but the was a reason Iowa didn't vote Reagan round 2.

Reactions: Tom Paris
You do know the Democrats controlled the House all 8 years of his administration right?

Any tax cuts had to get through the House first.
Just sayin

A supply side never worked. Sure, in theory it's cheap but if you don't have any money per se it doesn't matter. Demand drives profits, not the Chinese system of cheap goods emphasize on cheap low wage workers can afford. They thought they could pay you 3.335 an hour or 5.15 an hour and give you cheap merchandise that would be self-sustaining. Reagonomics was a huge bust for Iowa. Maybe not for the defense industries in Cali and the east coast, but the was a reason Iowa didn't vote Reagan round 2.
It’s never worked. If he’d tried it in small increments instead of one big cut they’d still be winning popular votes, imo.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Yes.
Point is Reagan wasn’t waving a magic wand…he had to work through a Dem controlled congress.

You do know the economy was absolute crap when he took office right?
Yeah…and he blew up the wealth gap. Read my other post. Investigate. You’re using the same argument about southern democrats you’ve attempted multiple times. His support came from southern democrats to help pass that crap. Southern democrats are now Republicans or worse, MAGA.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Yeah…and he blew up the wealth gap. Read my other post. Investigate. You’re using the same argument about southern democrats you’ve attempted multiple times. His support came from southern democrats to help pass that crap. Southern democrats are now Republicans or worse, MAGA.
I’ve “investigated” and come to a different conclusion Tom.

10% inflation rate got to as high as 14% in 1981.

Fed had interest rates as high as 20% to fight it

Considering those economic headwinds Ron did pretty good IMO…plus he had a Cold War to fight.
Lot of revisionist history when it comes to Reagan…

But carry on.

• Sad

Fed had interest rates as high as 20%

Considering those economic headwinds Ron did pretty good IMO…plus he had a Cold War to fight.

But carry on.

He is an extremely overrated President and had dementia at least his last 2 years of office.

Agreed

Fed had interest rates as high as 20% to fight it

But carry on.

No you didn’t…you keep throwing out, in multiple subjects, “the democrats controlled Congress “. Again, you’re ignoring what I have taught you, more than once about Democrats in the south from 50 years ago, and now. I literally don’t know why you’re arguing against the original post, because we all know the middle class and upper classes are where they are because of what Reagan started.

It didn’t work. Not sure why you apparently think trickle down is good, bins.

No you didn’t…you keep throwing out, in multiple subjects, “the democrats controlled Congress “. Again, you’re ignoring what I have taught you, more than once about Democrats in the south from 50 years ago, and now. I literally don’t know why you’re arguing against the original post, because we all know the middle class and upper classes are where they are because of what Reagan started.

It didn’t work. Not sure why you apparently think trickle down is good, bins.
🙄

We’ll have agree to disagree.

Reagonomics was a huge bust for Iowa. Maybe not for the defense industries in Cali and the east coast, but the was a reason Iowa didn't vote Reagan round 2.

Reagan won Iowa in 1984 with over 53% of the vote.
That was an increase from his margin of victory in 1980.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT