ADVERTISEMENT

Would you ever want to be really famous?

No. No privacy. No dignity.
I was in a grocery store in Sacramento, in the early 90s. I was standing at the meat counter waiting for the guy to get me the corn fed beef from the back freezer, when about 40 people crammed into the section. As I look right and left, I see Eddie Murphy walk up and stand next to me. I looked at him, at the crowd, at him again and I said " that's crazy". He said "yeah, it is".
I knew beyond a doubt that it wasn't for me.

Your dad thinks I am.

hqdefault.jpg

Probably not Actor famous. Would like to be famous for inventing something that saves lives, or rescuing people from a burning plane or something noble like that. I wouldn't want to be a celebrity.

Reactions: BrianNole09
The late, great Pope John XXIII said,

"Do not walk through time without leaving worthy
evidence of your passage>"

In plain English: Do something worthwhile for
other people while you are on this earth.

I think the only reason one would want to have that kind of fame is the money that comes with that fame.

And I'm not even sure it's worth the money.

I would miss being able to go out and get a bite to eat without getting mobbed.

I think the only reason one would want to have that kind of fame is the money that comes with that fame.

And I'm not even sure it's worth the money.

I would miss being able to go out and get a bite to eat without getting mobbed.

Pros and cons. The lifestyle/income/perks - great. Some rube approaching you asking questions like it's the Chris Farley show....horrible.

No way ... The older I get the more I appreciate my "personal space." With social media and everyone having a smartphone ... technology what it is ... nut jobs what they are ... NOPE

Absolutely. With that kind of fame would come a lot of wealth. That wealth would allow me to live a lifestyle most date not dream. You would be able to see and do anything and everything you wanted in your lifetime. Would it suck at times? Absolutely. So does going to a job everyday.

ADVERTISEMENT