ADVERTISEMENT

Would you, or do you already, accept payment in crypto?

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Another interesting point came up on the Score today as I drove across Illinois. Danny Parkins mentioned that some pro athletes accept their salary in crypto, and that he has a media friend who is negotiating a contract and crypto has been offered for part of their salary.
Do you get paid in crypto, or would you if offered?
It seems too volatile to accept for salary.

I don’t see how that would work. If crypto tanked, employees would quit. If it skyrocketed, employers would be in deep shit. Unless you’re saying they would receive a fixed amount of dollars and have it converted to crypto, and at that point why would you even want to?

Another interesting point came up on the Score today as I drove across Illinois. Danny Parkins mentioned that some pro athletes accept their salary in crypto, and that he has a media friend who is negotiating a contract and crypto has been offered for part of their salary.
NFW

It’s an interesting topic for non-profits. Larger institutions are adopting policies to accept for the simple reason to cash out immediately, much like other securities.

It depends on the parameters. If we agree to an annual salary in USD, and they just convert my regular paycheck to an equivalent amount of Bitcoin each pay period, then yes, I would accept some (but not all) in Bitcoin. If the annual salary is a set number of Bitcoin, no way - it’s way too volatile.

Not a chance. I love blockchain and it’s absolutely the future of finance, but the currencies? Speculative investments. Way, way too volatile to take as salary.

That said, if I was a pro athlete who got a multi-million dollar signing bonus and/or have made millions and have done my best to set myself up for life, I might make the short-term shot in the dark on a cryptocurrency.

Always felt this was a stupid gimmick. Why bitcoin and not Apple stock? Or gold? Probably because those things can be purchased with cash….

Accepting payment is different as some sort of differentiator, but it’s still pretty silly

Even though the thread is a year old, the topic of accepting cryptocurrency as payment remains relevant and continues to evolve. The adoption of cryptocurrency in various sectors is an ongoing trend.

For those interested in exploring cryptocurrency options or staying updated on the latest developments, resources like https://presale.world can provide insights into ICOs and pre-sales, offering valuable information for those considering crypto-related opportunities.

The decision to accept cryptocurrency payments still depends on factors like volatility and individual preferences, and it's always a good idea to stay informed about the latest trends and developments in the crypto space.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cigaretteman
Even though the thread is a year old, the topic of accepting cryptocurrency as payment remains relevant and continues to evolve. The adoption of cryptocurrency in various sectors is an ongoing trend.
That is quite insightful. In what ways do you envision increasing relevance in cryptocurrency in sectors that contain trends evolving in our society throughout this year?

That is quite insightful. In what ways do you envision increasing relevance in cryptocurrency in sectors that contain trends evolving in our society throughout this year?
As usual, jo biden's America is so far behind the curve in the crypto revolution it's laughable! There are crypto ATM's in Europe. The first crypto trade in excess of $1 billion occurred last week and Fidelity and Invesco; among many others, have their applications in with the SEC to trade crypto an a large scale. That's Fidelity...yes, that Fidelity, but the shut-ins on HROT know more and the concept of crypto currency scares the hell out the control driven marxists of the world.

depositphotos_407163676-stock-photo-unknown-rioter-holds-a-banner.jpg

Reactions: cigaretteman
As usual, jo biden's America is so far behind the curve in the crypto revolution it's laughable! There are crypto ATM's in Europe. The first crypto trade in excess of $1 billion occurred last week and Fidelity and Invesco; among many others, have their applications in with the SEC to trade crypto an a large scale. That's Fidelity...yes, that Fidelity, but the shut-ins on HROT know more and the concept of crypto currency scares the hell out the control driven marxists of the world.
Crypto ATMs? Are you stupid? We've had crypto ATMs in the states for years and years

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
No, absolutely not. I see Bitcoin as something I wish I would have bought in early when it was worth nothing and sold to some suckers and cashed out at 10k.

I still think it’s a scam, much like I did then.

Now if we were talking about accepting a portion of salary in rum or bourbon….hmm…

No, absolutely not. I see Bitcoin as something I wish I would have bought in early when it was worth nothing and sold to some suckers and cashed out at 10k.

I still think it’s a scam, much like I did then.

Now if we were talking about accepting a portion of salary in rum or bourbon….hmm…
This.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
This solution looking for a problem that we call crypto will disappear soon in the US as the FRB has required FRB approval for banks to take on any new “novel” activities, ie crypto or any other scheme the Mountain Dew get-rich-quick-in-moms-basement crowd can come up.

The crypto crowd is in for a rude awakening when they can’t turn their coin into USD

I might invest in crypto but that’s a “long term “ investment.

I don’t want crypto in everyday transactions anymore than I want a prepared parlay betting slip instead of change at the gas station.

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
I think I would, so long the ultimate transaction and settlement fees are less than a credit card.

Uhh fk no. I want actual real money, not what some guy created in his hovel in St. Petersburg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT