ADVERTISEMENT

would you play for Iowa

pondscum

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 18, 2011
If you are in the portal and a wide receiver or a qb would you come to Iowa. The only way I would be with a new OC that is telling me good things about how he is going change the scheme

No WR or QB wants to play behind our offensive line…it is a joke.
it is so hard to watch our QBs running for their lives all year long and the QB gets sacked before the WRs can even have a chance to run their routes and break free.
I have also heard that some recruits who visited this year were shocked to hear our home crowd booing. No way that that type of home fan reaction attracts anybody to our program…transfers or recruits.
Booing doesn’t make KF, BF or Barta change course. It only chases away recruits and transfers that could improve our program.

Ranked 130 out of 131 teams with no signs of leadership change. Hard pass on that.

Iowa will only get a few mid major players hoping to get to a Power 5 school. And if you've watched the MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, you know that's not good.

That's what I've been saying...fans begging we go to the portal, but what makes you think we can get top talent to choose Iowa over any other option unless it's FCS? It's the same with recruiting. Outside KJ x2 -'d Arlan when is the last time we got a legit offensive weapon? I have zero faith we can go to the portal and find someone that makes an immediate impact.

If you are in the portal and a wide receiver or a qb would you come to Iowa. The only way I would be with a new OC that is telling me good things about how he is going change the scheme
No. Huge Iowa fan and if my kid had big time talent on offense and he turned Iowa down, I’d be ok with it. Don’t even know if I’d want him to walk on at Iowa as an offensive player. As boring as Iowa’s offense is to watch it has to be equally boring, if not more playing in it.
Yesterday was a prime example. Down three scores late in 3rd Q and Iowa is huddling up, running play clock down to 8 seconds. Most routes are usually all 5-12 yard outs or stick routes. Can’t think of more than handful of throws downfield over 30 yards this year. Boring boring

After the last few seasons, HS and Portal skill players won’t even give Iowa a sniff. What would the selling points be? Come play in a program with an out dated offense, under an OC that has had absolutely no concept on how the game is being played today. We’ve taken pride in being a developmental program and that may be for certain positions, but not for QB or WR.

Yes.

Every guy in the portal is looking to go to a power five school and not only be the guy...but the one responsible for changing things around.

To think Iowa's offense will be this bad again next year is about as bad as expecting a top five national offense. I've been as critical as the next but to think KF won't right the ship after this is neglecting every adverse situation he has bounced back from in the last twenty plus years.

If I was an OL I'd absolutely love to come to Iowa. Not only are you more than likely to be a NFL player...you are also goin to be loved by a fan base who worships the position....

I should note I've been as critical as anyone about the offense this year.

Opportunity is there. I sure as hell would come.

The portal is used to address deficiencies. The defense doesn’t need any help. Everywhere on offense besides running back and tight end need serious help. And you don’t just bring in one guy, you bring in multiple guys from each position.

No. Huge Iowa fan and if my kid had big time talent on offense and he turned Iowa down, I’d be ok with it. Don’t even know if I’d want him to walk on at Iowa as an offensive player. As boring as Iowa’s offense is to watch it has to be equally boring, if not more playing in it.
Yesterday was a prime example. Down three scores late in 3rd Q and Iowa is huddling up, running play clock down to 8 seconds. Most routes are usually all 5-12 yard outs or stick routes. Can’t think of more than handful of throws downfield over 30 yards this year. Boring boring
I think the longest pass was when Padilla was throwing it away from the press-box side numbers to the opposite stands.

Yes.

Every guy in the portal is looking to go to a power five school and not only be the guy...but the one responsible for changing things around.

To think Iowa's offense will be this bad again next year is about as bad as expecting a top five national offense. I've been as critical as the next but to think KF won't right the ship after this is neglecting every adverse situation he has bounced back from in the last twenty plus years.

If I was an OL I'd absolutely love to come to Iowa. Not only are you more than likely to be a NFL player...you are also goin to be loved by a fan base who worships the position....

We didn’t think we could do any worse than last season offensively, and we sank even further. If Iowa does not bring in portal guys, change quarterbacks and coaches offensively, they will absolutely be one of the worst offenses in division one football again. And the absolute worst power five offense.

The portal is used to address deficiencies. The defense doesn’t need any help. Everywhere on offense besides running back and tight end need serious help. And you don’t just bring in one guy, you bring in multiple guys from each position.
Defense needs a cpl corners you see Coops backups? Need a cpl LBs cpl run stuffers.

Defense needs a cpl corners you see Coops backups? Need a cpl LBs cpl run stuffers.
I mean we already lost Harris before the season and Terry Roberts has been out most of the season as well. When Cooper got hurt we were down to our fifth and sixth choice corners, with little experience. Hard to blame guys playing for the first time.

Not for fans like you.

We didn’t think we could do any worse than last season offensively, and we sank even further. If Iowa does not bring in portal guys, change quarterbacks and coaches offensively, they will absolutely be one of the worst offenses in division one football again. And the absolute worst power five offense.
Exactly. After the last two seasons, unless substantial changes are made on the offensive side (new OC, new/21st-century scheme), we absolutely will continue to have a repugnant offense. To expect anything else would be the very definition of illogical.

This brings us to why major changes need to be made offensively — recruiting of offensive skill players will continue to suffer. We clearly need a major talent upgrade on offense, and keeping the status quo will only perpetuate our lack of talent.

And that was their 4th win. Thanks for playing...
It was their fourth win because their defense and special teams were awful most of the year. Their offense was pretty damn good with Thompson. They went out and got playmakers and Iowa didn’t. And yesterday was the 9th loss for the offense.

Yes.

Love your optimism but man, I just don't see it. Who"s the QB next year and who's he throwing to? If some answers to those questions emerge maybe I'll rethink, but as of right now I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I know a loot of people are gonna say that the offensive line will develop, but I think you gotta wonder at this point how much talent is actually there to develop.

After the last few seasons, HS and Portal skill players won’t even give Iowa a sniff. What would the selling points be? Come play in a program with an out dated offense, under an OC that has had absolutely no concept on how the game is being played today. We’ve taken pride in being a developmental program and that may be for certain positions, but not for QB or WR.
The pitch would be that we suck and you are one of the keys to fixing it?

Love your optimism but man, I just don't see it. Who"s the QB next year and who's he throwing to? If some answers to those questions emerge maybe I'll rethink, but as of right now I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I know a loot of people are gonna say that the offensive line will develop, but I think you gotta wonder at this point how much talent is actually there to develop.
Not much “developing” was accomplished from last year to this year…

ADVERTISEMENT