ADVERTISEMENT

would you play for Iowa

As a qb yes. If you can come make an impact you are in the big ten championship and people are talking about how you are the savior. And you will get a shot in the nfl. Wr is a tougher sell but still would consider it.

If you are in the portal and a wide receiver or a qb would you come to Iowa. The only way I would be with a new OC that is telling me good things about how he is going change the scheme

Come to Iowa and be a starter at WR and QB and OLIne. Current openings available.

If you think you have the talent you could start playing right away as Kirk has shown he will play freshmen now, like KJohnson and ABruce playing receiver last year.

If you are a HSchool or Portal QB and not starting but you feel you have better speed, mobility, passing arm and accuracy and pocket presence than Padilla or Petras have then go to Iowa a win the job in the spring.

If Kirk cant figure out that his two best QBs since 2008 were Stanzi and Beathard who were both very good passers but also had mobility, maybe not burners, but they could escape and also run to move the chains then shame on Kirk.

That's what I've been saying...fans begging we go to the portal, but what makes you think we can get top talent to choose Iowa over any other option unless it's FCS? It's the same with recruiting. Outside KJ x2 -'d Arlan when is the last time we got a legit offensive weapon? I have zero faith we can go to the portal and find someone that makes an immediate impact.
Lachey is a decent weapon whose dad was all american at OSU. But Iowa uses their TEnds more so there are times a player might pick Iowa.. We used to be OLIne Univ also but not so much now.

Ranked 130 out of 131 teams with no signs of leadership change. Hard pass on that.

Iowa will only get a few mid major players hoping to get to a Power 5 school. And if you've watched the MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, you know that's not good.

If a MAC school receiver has shown he is pretty fast at least, can run good routes, has good hands and skills I would take him in a heartbeat. Hard to know how long Brecht might play football but he could be a pretty good receiver. Will Keegan J return to form as he has good size and good speed and hands.

First things first, need much better QB and OLine play. Hawks need to rush for 170-200 yards per game and unfortunately I think the hawks could have rushed for 200 yards against Nebby on Friday.

If I was a lower division yes. If my ambition was to to go pro, then no. I have been a life long Hawkeye fan. Playing on KF Offense, I just couldn't do it. If I thought I was good enough to go pro. Every young man thinks they are good enough to go pro 🙂

It's interesting that getting a quality education to prepare for life after college doesn't get mentioned in this thread. The opportunity to play for a coaching staff that emphasizes character in the individual as a prerequisite for the honor to play football here. Ask that question to the men who have played for Iowa and I think almost all (with a few exceptions) would agree.

No WR or QB wants to play behind our offensive line…it is a joke.
it is so hard to watch our QBs running for their lives all year long and the QB gets sacked before the WRs can even have a chance to run their routes and break free.
I have also heard that some recruits who visited this year were shocked to hear our home crowd booing. No way that that type of home fan reaction attracts anybody to our program…transfers or recruits.
Booing doesn’t make KF, BF or Barta change course. It only chases away recruits and transfers that could improve our program.

To be fair to the OL, Petras can't outrun a DT and KF/BF don't believe in mobile QBs. I think Iowa averages 2 designed QB runs per year...and maybe 2-3 positive QB scrambles per year vs 30 or so sacks they give up. There is no downside to going after the QB in the pass game and you don't have to account for the QB at all in the run game.

I would go to Iowa if I had the talent as die hard Hawkeye but out of state skill players---hard sell. If you are a offensive line Tackle, plenty of opportunity at Iowa but playing offense for the worst offense in B1G is still a hard sell.. WR...no one that is coveted recruit would make Iowa a high choice. Same for QB, because supporting cast isn't there.

If you are in the portal and a wide receiver or a qb would you come to Iowa. The only way I would be with a new OC that is telling me good things about how he is going change the scheme
You need to start with a new OC that can help provide some interest and has a solid background. That is the foundation of where you need to start. If not, I agree with every other poster that would say NO! I understand people think, “Careful what you wish for.” We have not finished nationally above the top 87 offenses in BF’s tenure and were dead last most of this year. Can it get worse?

It's interesting that getting a quality education to prepare for life after college doesn't get mentioned in this thread. The opportunity to play for a coaching staff that emphasizes character in the individual as a prerequisite for the honor to play football here. Ask that question to the men who have played for Iowa and I think almost all (with a few exceptions) would agree.

A few years back, didn't member's of this high character staff supposedly bully/ridicule the starting offensive Tackle's brother who had walked on? Didn't the son of the coach as player enjoy subsidized housing in mini scandal when he was a player at Iowa? Wasn't the long time strength coach fired for racially offensive comments? Isn't the University facing a multi ex-player lawsuit over racial issues, with the son of the head coach involved in the allegations? Didn't the son of the head coach get moved up from position coach to $800K+ job as Offensive coordinator without any qualifications? Didn't the said OC have to report to Barta to get around anti-nepotism rules that made it impossible for head coach to hire him? Ordinarily wouldn't the said OC be fired or demoted for 2 years in a row with 100+ ranked offenses at any other program?

I do not know KF/BF and more than likely, neither do you. He could be great guy, or just selfish guy that has milked a $40 million buyout from the university and runs the program as his personal fiefdom. Anyone in the business of high dollar coaching is making elite money due to the system being rigged to reward coaches over players. It is a good ole boy network...BF is prime example of how it works to favor some individuals.

I hope KF has gone out of his way to help his former players on hard times or suffering from football related injuries. Maybe KF has...maybe he hasn't.

You might instead be the PR firm or close family member or just sucking up with your post.

If I had to rank coaches on respect, I would put Phil Parker and some of the assistants ahead of the Ferentzs.

A few years back, didn't member's of this high character staff supposedly bully/ridicule the starting offensive Tackle's brother who had walked on? Didn't the son of the coach as player enjoy subsidized housing in mini scandal when he was a player at Iowa? Wasn't the long time strength coach fired for racially offensive comments? Isn't the University facing a multi ex-player lawsuit over racial issues, with the son of the head coach involved in the allegations? Didn't the son of the head coach get moved up from position coach to $800K+ job as Offensive coordinator without any qualifications? Didn't the said OC have to report to Barta to get around anti-nepotism rules that made it impossible for head coach to hire him? Ordinarily wouldn't the said OC be fired or demoted for 2 years in a row with 100+ ranked offenses at any other program?

I do not know KF/BF and more than likely, neither do you. He could be great guy, or just selfish guy that has milked a $40 million buyout from the university and runs the program as his personal fiefdom. Anyone in the business of high dollar coaching is making elite money due to the system being rigged to reward coaches over players. It is a good ole boy network...BF is prime example of how it works to favor some individuals.

I hope KF has gone out of his way to help his former players on hard times or suffering from football related injuries. Maybe KF has...maybe he hasn't.

You might instead be the PR firm or close family member or just sucking up with your post.

If I had to rank coaches on respect, I would put Phil Parker and some of the assistants ahead of the Ferentzs.
I thought KF might catch Hayden in respect but that seems to be quickly leaving. Hayden came in and changed the B1G. KF seemed to be on a great track and could recruit but not so much any more. I think many of us fear for the future if KF remains stubborn and tries to protect the family business

Yes, because there’s such great opportunity. It wouldn’t take much to be an all timer/legend

To think Iowa's offense will be this bad again next year is about as bad as expecting a top five national offense. I've been as critical as the next but to think KF won't ri
In three seasons we've gone from the 89th ranked offense to the 121st ranked offense to the 130th ranked offense and made exactly zero changes. Sooo...how many years should it take the most tenured coach in America to "right the ship"? Because frankly, what he's been doing looks a helluva lot less like righting the ship, and a helluva lot more like him being on the bridge of the Titanic saying, "Iceberg? What iceberg?? All ahead full!"

Reactions: pondscum
In three seasons we've gone from the 89th ranked offense to the 121st ranked offense to the 130th ranked offense and made exactly zero changes. Sooo...how many years should it take the most tenured coach in America to "right the ship"? Because frankly, what he's been doing looks a helluva lot less like righting the ship, and a helluva lot more like him being on the bridge of the Titanic saying, "Iceberg? What iceberg?? All ahead full!"

Hey Doodle....Crazy Hawk is just trying to be positive with the regular season complete.

You're not helping.

ADVERTISEMENT