ADVERTISEMENT

Would you trade Phil Parker for Lincoln Riley as OC?

Would you trade Phil Parker for Lincoln Riley to be our new OC?

• Total voters
Absolutely not, #1) there are a lot of OCs who if Kirk gave them the reins could get this offense to move and score some points, maybe only 17 to 20 a game but usually is enough. Mich's OC is lighting it up with a similar type offense, much better talent, but I would say a lot better offensive coaching

#2) you can never lose a game if the other team doesnt score so it is better to have a great defense and as they say defenses travel well to away games because communication is not disturbed as the away game crowd is quieter when the defense is on the road
Usually you tell your defense that if they don’t let the other team score then you can’t lose. These people haven’t seen the iowa offense score a multitude of touchdowns for the other team.

As great as Phil is, I’d take the trade. It’s not about Phil, it’s about who would replace him. Let’s give Phil a grade of 95 and Brian 35 out of 100. That puts us at an average of 65%. If Phil’s replacement is just an 80 out of 100 and Lincoln is 80 out of 100. That’s a huge upgrade.

As great as Phil is, I’d take the trade. It’s not about Phil, it’s about who would replace him. Let’s give Phil a grade of 95 and Brian 35 out of 100. That puts us at an average of 65%. If Phil’s replacement is just an 80 out of 100 and Lincoln is 80 out of 100. That’s a huge upgrade.
Back in the late 1960’s Iowa hired Ray Nagel as FB coach….He lifted the quality of recruits, and Iowa had a very potent offense for a couple of years, too…..but we could stop the other guys consistently. Be careful whatn you wish for…..you just might get it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT