ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldn’t mind seeing this matchup

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Not actually the desired place to be (but close to me) so I am for it … would love to see Iowa play ND…. Those rat bastards…

1. Guaranteed Rate (Dec. 27): Liberty (8-4) vs. Texas Tech (7-5)
    Holiday (Dec. 28): Oregon State (9-3) vs. Pittsburgh (8-4)
    Liberty (Dec. 28): Baylor (6-6) vs. Florida (6-6)
    Texas (Dec. 28): Kentucky (7-5) vs. Oklahoma State (7-5)
    Pinstripe (Dec. 29): Iowa (7-5) vs. Notre Dame (8-4)
    Duke's Mayo (Dec. 30): Duke (8-4) vs. Minnesota (8-4)
    Sun (Dec. 30): NC State (8-4) vs. UCLA (9-3)
    Music City (Dec. 31): Arkansas (6-6) vs. Maryland (7-5)

NYC was the biggest garbage bowl I have ever seen. They honestly should decline the bowl in the name of player safety, I’ve never actually feared for the Iowa players more than that game played on an ice rink…you want a cold weather bowl go play it at Lambeau or even Minnesota, somewhere with a heated field….not some baseball stadium….

(On a side note, I’m not sure why the field was so awful, places like Soldier field, while not great, are not that bad in winter in similar climates with natural grass and no heating to my knowledge)

NYC was the biggest garbage bowl I have ever seen. They honestly should decline the bowl in the name of player safety, I’ve never actually feared for the Iowa players more than that game played on an ice rink…you want a cold weather bowl go play it at Lambeau or even Minnesota, somewhere with a heated field….not some baseball stadium….

(On a side note, I’m not sure why the field was so awful, places like Soldier field, while not great, are not that bad in winter in similar climates with natural grass and no heating to my knowledge)
What is NYC like.You hear about all the violence not sure it's a place i want to be .Was there in mid 90s did'nt seem to bad then.

That last game was a disaster. It was closer to a hockey game than it was football.

The whole thing is pretty absurd - a baseball stadium in NY? It's last having a basketball game outdoors on the deck of an aircraft carrier (oopps - they did that one too).

Iowa is not going to decline a bowl game - but if there ever was one to pass on this is it.

That last game was a disaster. It was closer to a hockey game than it was football.

The whole thing is pretty absurd - a baseball stadium in NY? It's last having a basketball game outdoors on the deck of an aircraft carrier (oopps - they did that one too).

Iowa is not going to decline a bowl game - but if there ever was one to pass on this is it.
Exactly, also I have since found out that Soldier field actually has heating too. Further driving home my point….play it on turf or a heated field….but baseball stadium in NYC in late December is absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT