ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Looks like the Huskers slam door in Harbaugh's face again

Ray1125

HR All-State
Dec 1, 2014
First Neal, now TE Matt Snyder. Crazy that Harbaugh comes to UM and immediately targets Neb recruits Reuben Jones, Daishon Neal and Matt Snyder. What a douche.

Anyway, was just looking at Iowa's class and watching some HUDL vids. Think it's underrated. Like the twins on the OL and Higdon. The team who's bleeding right now in recruiting seems to be Wisconsin who's lost several lately.

Any surprises for you guys on NSD?

Let me check Toledo or Ball St recruits and I will get back to you.

Originally posted by Floyd_Of_Rosedale:
Lucky for IOWA he isn't trying steal any from the Hawkeyes. Or maybe that's not a very good sign.
Actually Higdon has received some late interest from Michigan but he's staying committed to Iowa

well that kind of is what they are paying harbaugh for isn't it? when he was hired this late in the recruiting season i don't think he really has a choice. it must make the iowa staff douche bags for trying to get kids to flip these last few weeks.

as far as iowa's class, it seems like yet again they are stumbling to the finish line.

Michigan has had a Top 10 recruiting class for ever, talent isn't the issue. They could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% of every team in the country. Harbaugh should just save up for next year.

Harbaugh has little choice but to try to flip given the timeframe he has to recruit. That strategy may get you a couple of guys but the odds are against you most of the time.

Still, the options are to not recruit, try to get the few uncommitted targets who have been developing relationships and recruited by other coaches for almost two years, or signing bodies that you don't really want.

Originally posted by klemman:
Harbaugh has little choice but to try to flip given the timeframe he has to recruit. That strategy may get you a couple of guys but the odds are against you most of the time.

Still, the options are to not recruit, try to get the few uncommitted targets who have been developing relationships and recruited by other coaches for almost two years, or signing bodies that you don't really want.
Yeah, I don't think douche is appropriate as these are the cards which Harbaugh has in light of this time frame. Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky that he's getting a late start and hasn't been communicating with these players earlier.

Originally posted by Forgery5:
Michigan has had a Top 10 recruiting class for ever, talent isn't the issue. They could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% of every team in the country. Harbaugh should just save up for next year.
I think you meant to say "They could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% of every team in the country ON PAPER." But even that statement is laughable.

You're correct about UM having top recruiting classes forever. But if they're so great, so consistently great, then why has Michigan only won 1 national title since the color television came out? 1 split national title in going on 75 years? Is it coaching? Because they built a statue for a coach with zero national titles and 5-12 bowl record (Bo Schembechler) who was apparently a legend in the Big Ten. And that 1 split national title....they're lucky they played against Ryan Leaf in the bowl game or they wouldn't even have that.

Or is it that recruiting services constantly overrated their classes? Possibly because they have a large fanbase and a storied past, so they get the benefit of the doubt, year in and year out. Maybe?

I HIGHLY disagree that Michigan could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% in the country. They wouldn't even have more talent than 95% of the Big Ten. That's crazy talk.

But I do agree that Harbaugh will be more dangerous with time to recruit and develop relationships and he should save for next year. The problem is.....Michigan needs more talent NOW. Harbaugh will coach up what they have and they will be formidable, but there isn't enough on that roster to compete for league titles in the next few years. Bank it.

You're probably right considering the cornholers consistently have much higher recruiting classes than Iowa and we still manage to knock the shit out of them on a consistent basis.

You're probably right considering the cornholers consistently have much higher recruiting classes than Iowa and we still manage to knock the shit out of them on a consistent basis.
One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on Rivals. Good talk.

Originally posted by Ray1125:
I think you meant to say "They could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% of every team in the country ON PAPER." But even that statement is laughable.

You're correct about UM having top recruiting classes forever. But if they're so great, so consistently great, then why has Michigan only won 1 national title since the color television came out? 1 split national title in going on 75 years? Is it coaching? Because they built a statue for a coach with zero national titles and 5-12 bowl record (Bo Schembechler) who was apparently a legend in the Big Ten. And that 1 split national title....they're lucky they played against Ryan Leaf in the bowl game or they wouldn't even have that.

Or is it that recruiting services constantly overrated their classes? Possibly because they have a large fanbase and a storied past, so they get the benefit of the doubt, year in and year out. Maybe?

I HIGHLY disagree that Michigan could go without signing anyone this year and have more talent than 95% in the country. They wouldn't even have more talent than 95% of the Big Ten. That's crazy talk.

But I do agree that Harbaugh will be more dangerous with time to recruit and develop relationships and he should save for next year. The problem is.....Michigan needs more talent NOW. Harbaugh will coach up what they have and they will be formidable, but there isn't enough on that roster to compete for league titles in the next few years. Bank it.
look, I have never been a fan of Michigan.....cannot stand them . and you make a few good points. but let's make one thing clear here: that 97 championship was Michigan's, and Nebraska leached onto it with Osborne's crybaby I am retiring and this is the best team I have ever had speech. it was pathetic.

"You're probably right considering the cornholers consistently have much higher recruiting classes than Iowa and we still manage to knock the shit out of them on a consistent basis."

Originally posted by jhawkinaz:

look, I have never been a fan of Michigan.....cannot stand them . and you make a few good points. but let's make one thing clear here: that 97 championship was Michigan's, and Nebraska leached onto it with Osborne's crybaby I am retiring and this is the best team I have ever had speech. it was pathetic.
-Nebraska was undefeated that season. "Leached onto it" is a little strong.

-From 1993-1997, Nebraska's record was 60-3, which is an NCAA record. And you don't think Neb should've been given the benefit of the doubt?

-Huskers beat the SEC Champion by 21+. Tennessee had Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Al Wilson, Leonard Little, Chad Clifton, Peerless Price and several other NFL-level players on their team. They got smashed.

-Nebraska's offense was #1 in college football that season, statistically.

-Nebraska had the Lombardi & Outland Award winners on their team that season, amongst many other All-Americans.

-Washington State's Ryan Leaf was throwing for the end-zone to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl as time expired.

-Tom Osborne won 5 undefeated national titles as an offensive coordinator at Nebraska. That's more national titles than Ohio State, Michigan + Penn State won, combined, in that same time frame. That's more success than the entire Big Ten Conference has had in going on 1/2 a century. Lloyd Carr vs Osborne with a month to prepare - who would you take?

Oh well.....

Only a Husker fan would take that comment at face value and not read the sarcasm in it. Dahh

Osborne never lobbied on winning the National title in 1997 and he never said the 1997 team was his best team.

He he has said that his 1995 team was his best all around team.

Just setting the record straight on your post that is full of lies.

Jensen-Ackles-cry-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1684.gif

-From 1993-1997, Nebraska's record was 60-3, which is an NCAA record. And you don't think Neb should've been given the benefit of the doubt?

-Huskers beat the SEC Champion by 21+. Tennessee had Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Al Wilson, Leonard Little, Chad Clifton, Peerless Price and several other NFL-level players on their team. They got smashed.

-Nebraska had the Lombardi & Outland Award winners on their team that season, amongst many other All-Americans.

-Washington State's Ryan Leaf was throwing for the end-zone to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl as time expired.

-Tom Osborne won 5 undefeated national titles as an offensive coordinator at Nebraska. That's more national titles than Ohio State, Michigan + Penn State won, combined, in that same time frame. That's more success than the entire Big Ten Conference has had in going on 1/2 a century. Lloyd Carr vs Osborne with a month to prepare - who would you take?

Oh well.....
lol......relax, just having a little fun with our Husker visitors. Thanks for taking the time to go through that though

"the zoo's closed Ray, the f@$king zoo's closed Ray" -Jerry McGuire

"lol......relax, just having a little fun with our Husker visitors. Thanks for taking the time to go through that though"
I love Hissey fans who mouth off and when called on it, and their a** is in a corner they back off with "relax just having a little fun with our Husker visitors." If you can't back something up keep your computer dark.

Geez. Didn't mean to ruffle your husks. You are on the Iowa message board, in case you lost your way home.

Originally posted by N.Legend:
"lol......relax, just having a little fun with our Husker visitors. Thanks for taking the time to go through that though"
I love Hissey fans who mouth off and when called on it, and their a** is in a corner they back off with "relax just having a little fun with our Husker visitors." If you can't back something up keep your computer dark.
Hey tough guy, calm down. I had every intention of trying to get you guys riled up with my original post.......you can bow up on me all you want, but that was why I posted it. And it worked.

So as I said earlier, relax. Or if you feel it is that important to call me out for....how did you put it?.....mouthing off, then GFY.

Originally posted by N.Legend:
Oh christ here we go with the FuskerNation coming over here to help elevate what little pride they have by talking about the only thing of value they will ever have. Disgusting Fuskers are becoming even more disgusting.

This football thing that you guys take entirely too seriously is just unhealthy Legend. You nasty little Fusker with your nasty little Fusker ways. This is why you guys drove Pelini crazy and he left hating you, along with the players leaving and hating you too. You guys are flat out insane and dedicated to this like it's part of your bloodline or something....I pray for you. Even though prayer won't do anything to help the wicked.

Oh well.....
You played in a conference where you only had on other team to beat. Your teams were practically fed steroids at every meal. You allowed rapists, thieves, women beaters, and violent thugs to remain on your teams, all in the name of 'winning'.

Fast forward to the new century, and you get into a MNC game you didn't deserve to be in, and got smashed accordingly to one team that MAY have been as corrupt as your own. From there you don't do anything worth noting, you have no conference championsips, NO BCS appearances, and not even one top 10 finish.

That's the truth, and it hurts you, doesn't it? It makes you feel like a sad little Fusker to no longer be relevant does it not? The so called best fans in the sport, who once cheered roids, rapists, and absolutey undeniable dishonorable behavior. Keep your titles Fusker, at least you guys got something for selling your souls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT