ADVERTISEMENT

WOW !!

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
Question: who reminds a lot of a Banks/Tate clone only at 225 and 6-3 ? Marco Lainez. His film is a lot more than outstanding. Really has a great sense of pass rushers around him, quick sidesteps and ability to reload and find receivers. Oh My (Endberg)....Oh Nellie (Jackson). Scrambles like Drew, reloads like Brad. We're really going to love him. Blessed. :cool:

Question: who reminds a lot of a Banks/Tate clone only at 225 and 6-3 ? Marco Lainez. His film is a lot more than outstanding. Really has a great sense of pass rushers around him, quick sidesteps and ability to reload and find receivers. Oh My (Endberg)....Oh Nellie (Jackson). Scrambles like Drew, reloads like Brad. We're really going to love him. Blessed. :cool:
Sarcasm?

I remember people saying we were going to love Deuce Hogan to. LOL I sure hope this kid is the real deal. ;)
Not a lot of people. The Petras Bandwagon was always much larger.

Get on the Joey Labas train early. Based on just their HS tapes Joey is way ahead of Deuce at the same point in their career.

The bipolar bitchers will never like anything but everyone else is going to love Joey Throws.

He looks great. Better than great.

People raved about Petras’s stats, Which were mind blowingly impressive, but the tape was pretty much him dropping back standing still and throwing very pretty balls to wide open receivers because his team was dominant.

Labas and Lainez and May’s tapes we can obviously see them create opportunities, not uncommonly out of absolutely nothing. They are all mobile. Labas’s HS team stunk, and he turned it around.

Petras is nowhere near as athletic as any of those guys. And he doesn’t really have moxie, that fearlessness.

I’d be happy to see any of the three new guys starting, and just hope that the unique praise that Kirk has given Joey is not just empty words. In my 20 years of following the Hawkeyes closely I’ve never seen players or coaches praise a quarterback who’s sitting on the bench more than they’ve praised Labas. Lainez seems similar. As does May.

He had great high school tape? Can you link that? Not sure we have seen good highlight tape before.
search YouTube. There were some lengthy videos on competing sites so I won't plug them. Not sure what is still out there. I think there was some good video of Joey here on HR, although I'm guessing they are buried in archives.

You will like what you see.

• Haha
Reactions: KeoKuKcraker
People raved about Petras’s stats, Which were mind blowingly impressive, but the tape was pretty much him dropping back standing still and throwing very pretty balls to wide open receivers because his team was dominant.

Labas and Lainez and May’s tapes we can obviously see them create opportunities, not uncommonly out of absolutely nothing. They are all mobile. Labas’s HS team stunk, and he turned it around.

Petras is nowhere near as athletic as any of those guys. And he doesn’t really have moxie, that fearlessness.

I’d be happy to see any of the three new guys starting, and just hope that the unique praise that Kirk has given Joey is not just empty words. In my 20 years of following the Hawkeyes closely I’ve never seen players or coaches praise a quarterback who’s sitting on the bench more than they’ve praised Labas. Lainez seems similar. As does May.

Do Iowa player's historically talk about a QB when the coaches just said the position is open? No, of course. Brody came out and said Joey "throws like Mahomey." Even more deviations from the Hawkeye norm.

Enberg, Dick

• Haha
I don't care if you misspell Dick's last name, but you gotta get Keith Jackson's signature phrase correct: "Whoa, Nellie!"

Hope Marco can live up to the Banks/Tate comparisons.

• Haha
I don't care if you misspell Dick's last name, but you gotta get Keith Jackson's signature phrase correct: "Whoa, Nellie!"

Hope Marco can live up to the Banks/Tate comparisons.
Correct da moon doe. After hearing Keith Jackson say WHOA NELLIE around ten thousand times, I can't believe I didn't get it right. Then again, I'm older than dirt ! 😎❤️🏈

I remember people saying we were going to love Deuce Hogan too.
Maybe we would have if the four/five-star Texas QB had ever been given a chance. Of course, when you're playing behind a Spencer Petras and an Alex Padilla and it takes three years to learn the 123rd-best offense in the country . . . LOL

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Maybe we would have if the four/five-star Texas QB had ever been given a chance. Of course, when you're playing behind a Spencer Petras and an Alex Padilla and it takes three years to learn the 123rd-best offense in the country . . . LOL
Guess every school missed the memo when he was in the transfer portal.

Which is ranked # 8 in total wins the last three years

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT