ADVERTISEMENT

WR Austin Kutscher?

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
Just committed to the Hawks as a grad transfer from Ohio State. I don’t think he played much/at all for them, and couldn’t find any stats, but given the coaching he has received and the guys he played with, he has to be a major upgrade to Iowa’s D2 WR room.

Just committed to the Hawks as a grad transfer from Ohio State. I don’t think he played much/at all for them, and couldn’t find any stats, but given the coaching he has received and the guys he played with, he has to be a major upgrade to Iowa’s D2 WR room.
re: "major upgrade to Iowa's D2 WR room"

As far as I can tell, Kutscher was an unrated/unraked high school recruit. I did find
a 2018 article which reported his commitment to OSU and stated:

"Kutscher chose the walk-on offer from Ohio State offer double-digit scholarship offers from programs like Ashland, Malone, Saginaw Valley State, Walsh and Wheeling Jesuit."

Most of the schools that offered him were below D2 and in the 4 years at Ohio State he had zero receptions ......

The Iowa Slaw troll project continues.....

Reactions: Bishop1971
re: "major upgrade to Iowa's D2 WR room"

As far as I can tell, Kutscher was an unrated/unraked high school recruit. I did find
a 2018 article which reported his commitment to OSU and stated:

"Kutscher chose the walk-on offer from Ohio State offer double-digit scholarship offers from programs like Ashland, Malone, Saginaw Valley State, Walsh and Wheeling Jesuit."

Most of the schools that offered him were below D2 and in the 4 years at Ohio State he had zero receptions ......

The Iowa Slaw troll project continues.....
I’m sure we’ll all appreciate this pick-up as much as we did the Stilianos addition. Game-changer.

Hang tough, Mr. Kutscher.
Disregard all the snarky comments as you have a walkon opportunity at Iowa that many B4 you have excelled and over achieved. Why not you, too?
Welcome and give'm hell
Which walk-on WR recruit has excelled and over-achieved? Also, I doubt he is on this board, so I don't know who exactly you are talking to.

Reactions: littlez
Which walk-on WR recruit has excelled and over-achieved? Also, I doubt he is on this board, so I don't know who exactly you are talking to.
Which receiver (period) has excelled and overachieved since DJK and Marvin? It’s not their fault at all but it’s how we’ve basically underutilized guys like ISM and Brandon Smith and then ignored receivers the past two years.

Was anyone excited about Charlie Jones when he committed? Not saying he's another Jones. But the dude was apart of on one of the top Big dogs.
His HS film work and his lack of college reps (at any level) don't really exude anything close to CJ. As well, our offense has not exactly elevated WRs.

Hard to say how good this kid will be as he has not taken any snaps at tOSU. I would say tOSU's worst scholarship WR is better then our best scholarship WR's, and being a walk on and making tOSU's roster probably means he is on par with kids we recruit. However he is a live body who wants to suit up for the Hawks at WR, so I'll take him. LOL

Hard to say how good this kid will be as he has not taken any snaps at tOSU. I would say tOSU's worst scholarship WR is better then our best scholarship WR's, and being a walk on and making tOSU's roster probably means he is on par with kids we recruit. However he is a live body who wants to suit up for the Hawks at WR, so I'll take him. LOL
No film but not bad High School Stats

More on Austin
• A two-time captain for head coach Nate Moore at Massillon High School, a perennial power in Ohio high school football
• Voted the team’s Most Valuable Player
• Caught 93 passes for 1,349 yards and 15 touchdowns as a senior
• Totaled the second most receiving yards and third most receptions in Massillon single-season history
• Set the Massillon single-game record with 17 receptions (for 208 yards) vs. Canisius High School (Buffalo, N.Y.)
• Graduated No. 4 on Massillon’s all-time list in receiving yards (1,593) and receiving TDs (19)
• Played in the Ohio North-South All-Star Classic

No film but not bad High School Stats

More on Austin
• A two-time captain for head coach Nate Moore at Massillon High School, a perennial power in Ohio high school football
• Voted the team’s Most Valuable Player
• Caught 93 passes for 1,349 yards and 15 touchdowns as a senior
• Totaled the second most receiving yards and third most receptions in Massillon single-season history
• Set the Massillon single-game record with 17 receptions (for 208 yards) vs. Canisius High School (Buffalo, N.Y.)
• Graduated No. 4 on Massillon’s all-time list in receiving yards (1,593) and receiving TDs (19)
• Played in the Ohio North-South All-Star Classic
That’s a whole lot of useless crap.

That’s a whole lot of useless crap.
Really? 93 catches at any level vs. any competition is impressive, however I'm not sure the blanket statement of 'any OSU WR receiver' is better than anyone on our roster, a bit of stretch IMO. Little risk for Iowa, we are loading up in the WR room, at least in the PWO class and if one or two flash then it was worth it. Still think that big kid from KS is gonna play sooner than later and KU and K-state will be kicking themselves for not getting in with him.

Reactions: MAXIMUSHAWKEYE
Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of OSU's '22 WR class (4 commits) hit the transfer portal after spring ball. OSU returns its 3 starting WRs next year. Hartline's '23 WR class is probably the best group he has brought in yet. The one '24 WR committed recruit is ranked #2 in the Rivals top 250 list.

Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of OSU's '22 WR class (4 commits) hit the transfer portal after spring ball. OSU returns its 3 starting WRs next year. Hartline's '23 WR class is probably the best group he has brought in yet. The one '24 WR committed recruit is ranked #2 in the Rivals top 250 list.
That's a decent bunch of wr's, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT