ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***WR Quavon Matthews commits to Iowa***

giphy.gif

This kid must’ve killed it at Iowa’s camp. He’s off a lot of radars as no Junior film on him because of injury. I like the big hands/blocker/routes Paschel mentioned. This might be a really good get
It suggests that he's a kid who has a high ceiling ... but simply had an injury prevent him from being able to put up impressive JR film.

Definitely a signature of Iowa ... trusting our close contact in Paschal ... but also recognizing underrated talent.

So clearly we are putting a lot of stock in the Paschal recommendation, because there is basically no film on him and nobody else is going to recruit him without senior film. Could be an absolute steal given the relationship we have with his head coach.

So clearly we are putting a lot of stock in the Paschal recommendation, because there is basically no film on him and nobody else is going to recruit him without senior film. Could be an absolute steal given the relationship we have with his head coach.
Another angle worth considering ... the WR room is looking like it could be pretty solid ... the caveat with many WR-recruits is that they expect to play right away. The 2020 WR class could definitely use a guy who has both a high ceiling ... but who is also a guy who is willing to take the time and develop for us too.

Reactions: madmax1191

He’s going into his senior year. He’ll have plenty of senior film and plenty of interest to go with the Iowa, UNC, and SoMiss offers he’s already got. Worked out for Copeland and that’s when we offered. Paschal’s recommendation helps, but the staff has seen him perform with their own eyes.

Sure help when Iowa has networking assistance, like with Marcus Paschal ( a favorite Hawkeye). Florida? southern kids get told Iowa City (Uof Iowa) is in the middle of a cornfield.

When does Keivon Mack commit?

Reactions: NevadaHawk

Reported offers from UNC and Southern Miss so he's known to someone. He's exactly the type of player Iowa should be going after. Huge upside if he can get past the ACL injury.

Sure help when Iowa has networking assistance, like with Marcus Paschal ( a favorite Hawkeye). Florida? southern kids get told Iowa City (Uof Iowa) is in the middle of a cornfield.

When does Keivon Mack commit?
I hope soon cuz he reminds me of a bigger ISM. Mathews,Mack and Vines would be a quality haul. Still holding out hope that we finally get one 6-5 WR before Ferentz retires. We may be the only program in the country that hasnt had one this century. No, Don Nordman doesnt count.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
I hope soon cuz he reminds me of a bigger ISM. Mathews,Mack and Vines would be a quality haul. Still holding out hope that we finally get one 6-5 WR before Ferentz retires. We may be the only program in the country that hasnt had one this century. No, Don Nordman doesnt count.:rolleyes:

Hakeem Butler was 6-5 225 and played WR for the clones. Our staff turns those guys into TEs. 6-4 Fant coulda played at 240 as a WR, but he was needed on the sidelines more.:confused:

Brodell was 6'3. But yes, tall and fast WRs would be a welcome addition to the program.

Above all else wishing him good health.

I believe MP would give Kirk a true assessment of his guys. If Marcus says he’s a player and Miss. State and NC agree then I’d bet we’re going to be happy with this verbal.

Above all else wishing him good health.

I believe MP would give Kirk a true assessment of his guys. If Marcus says he’s a player and Miss. State and NC agree then I’d bet we’re going to be happy with this verbal.
Sorry for picking nits ... but Southern Miss offered him, not Mississippi State.

It is rare to see guys 6'4"+ who possess exceptional playing speed.That is why the NFL selects very few and usually they are first round lottery selections. Butler was a two-star with not much tracking info, so Iowa State found a diamond in the rough. That won't happen a lot of times. Find another Brandon Smith with a a little more speed and Iowa will be fine. (ICTrojan) Are you seeking Caleb Fauria as a WR? Not sure Vines will be in the circle if Mack commits. New transfers plugged WR room. Iowa is usually done with two per year.

Poor Noah only got developed into a first round pick. Butler got drafted way higher if I remember correctly.

Wait...
Butler had more yards than Fant and Hockenson did combined. I care more about what somebody does in college than where theyre drafted. Its awesome having good TEs but id rather have good Wrs. We had 2 first round picks and our offense wasnt very good against good competion. Just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT