Match 2 – 133 lbs. Paul Glynn vs Austin DeSanto- Yesterday

Match 3 – 141 lbs. Murin vs Turk

Match 4 – 149 lbs. Patricio Lugo vs Zach Axmear - Yesterday

Match 5 – 157 lbs. Young vs Glosser

Match 6 – 165 lbs. Brands vs Alex Marinelli

Match 7 – 184 lbs. Myles Wilson vs To be determined

Match 8 – 184 lbs. Mitch Bowman vs Cash Wilcke

Match 9 – 197 lbs. Corbin vs Jacob Warner

Match 10 – To be determined - Cass vs Stoll ????

Reactions: JohnBasedow and Exo
Brands vs Marinelli will be a good measuring stick for both wrestlers. I think Alex will control him with more experience but Brands ceiling in multiple NCAA titles. Very underrated to date on the national scene.
I like your optimism but I don't think this will be much of a measuring stick at this point. I think it will be ugly but we'll see!

Brands vs Marinelli will be a good measuring stick for both wrestlers. I think Alex will control him with more experience but Brands ceiling in multiple NCAA titles. Very underrated to date on the national scene.
Agree that I like your optimism, but not really underrated to date on the national scene. He is ranked about where he should be based on his performance nationally. It could be argued that he has more potential to get better than some guys ranked around him, and that is something we may find out. I was really impressed with his motor and motivation, and that can be half the battle. I do think some fans want him to be amazing and project him to be amazing because they blindly do that with most Iowa recruits, but especially because he is a Brands. Just like people were calling Brian Ferentz "an amazing offensive mind" before he even called a play or directed an offense. Maybe I am guilty of it too, because I think Nelson could be really good. Maybe not "multiple NCAA titles" good, as you say, but if he can tighten up his technique and improve on the mat, he can make some AA noise for sure at some point in future.

This match won't tell us anything we don't already know about Bull. This will only show us where Brands is 3 months into his college experience.

DrBgG3sXgAE--wM.jpg:large

From IAWrestle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT