ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling for Life NCAA Challenge

CowboyUp61

HR MVP
May 22, 2016
Stillwater, OK
Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

With Jim at Wrestling for Life’s blessing, we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. I know it is 5 months away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 2nd, counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 2. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 2.

4. The winning board gets an electronic trophy they can pin to the top of the board. Not to mention bragging rights for the next year.

5. One lucky soul who contributed to the winning board will receive a gift pack of clothing and memorabilia from the University they support worth approximately $150.00.

6. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

DISCLAIMER: My only affiliation with WFL is as a supporter. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!

Last edited:
Gentlemen, and other wrestling fans;

With Jim at Wrestling for Life’s blessing, we are continuing the spirit of friendly competition while supporting the growth of our sport, thought maybe we could get an across the boards bragging rights challenge for the NCAA tournament going. I know it is 5 months away, but it is never too early to start thinking about Wrestling for Life and growing the sport we all love. Plus, you can start saving money to donate!

Rules are simple;

1. Openly pledge any amount per team point scored by your team at the NCAA tournament to be donated to Wrestling For Life. MAKE SURE TO DESIGNATE YOUR TEAM. Example: CowboyUp61 pledges $1 per point for OKLA STATE. If OSU scores 150 team points, my donation would be $150.00. Any amount is welcome, and appreciated. If you don’t want to keep track, you can just donate a flat amount, and it counts for your board! Any receipt posted(to WFL J) dated after the original post is made, through April 1st, counts!

2. ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR PLEDGE, and post your receipt by April 1. (Nobody likes someone who skips out on a charity donation!)

3. The winning board and team will be decided by the amount of receipts to WFL posted by April 1.

4. The winning board gets an electronic trophy they can pin to the top of the board. Not to mention bragging rights for the next year.

5. One lucky soul who contributed to the winning board will receive a gift pack of clothing and memorabilia from the University they support worth approximately $150.00.

6. All who donate get the knowledge their money went to provide shoes to those that otherwise may not have them, tickets to events for kids who otherwise may never be able to attend, and that these young kids may stick with wrestling due to your support!

DISCLAIMER: My only affiliation with WFL is as a supporter. However, the cause is close to my heart as I was that kid who wouldn’t have been able to have wrestling shoes, equipment, trips to tournaments, etc. without the aid and assistance of others. Wrestling For Life does wonders in the wrestling community in getting equipment to where it can do the most good. Feel free to jump in and play along, with all funds going to a great cause!

Purescurve-.50 per IOWA point and .50 per Penn State point

I wanted to bump this and ask if we can just donate a flat amount now or do we have to wait till after the tournament?

UPDATED Totals

PSU 7.50
Iowa 5.10
Northern Illinois 5.00
OKState 3.60
Bucknuts 1.10
Edinboro 1.00
ISU, UNI .50
Minny .10
Nebraska .10

Last edited:
I decided to do this now while the overtime is here. Probably more to come in March.
logo_emailheader_113wx46h.gif
November 4, 2017 at 8:40:17 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 0PB68416PU707033K

This email confirms that you have donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life (jbrown@wrestlingforlife.org ) using PayPal.

And to top that off, here is todays post! WFL doing great work-join in and everyone help him and have some fun at the same time!

"It's a busy day at Wrestling for Life. I shipped 37 pairs of wrestling shoes to kids whose families can't afford them and received 81 ticket donations in the mail. Thank you to all of the people who make this possible."

So, hypothetically, if I were to pledge $2 for every point that Penn State’s total exceeds Iowa’s, then the accounting would add $2 to PSU’s per point donation, and subtract $2 from Iowa’s?

;)

getting close to the end, only 2 weeks to get in on the fun! This is who I have so far:

CowboyUp61 OKSU 1.00 0 0.00 34
oberebo OKSU 0.50 0 0.00 34
purescurve IOWA 0.50 0 0.00 HR
purescurve Penn State 0.50 0 0.00 HR
PinsNpints IOWA 0.50 0 0.00 HR
PinsNpints Iowa State 0.50 0 0.00 HR
PinsNpints UNI 0.50 0 0.00 HR
kevin310 Penn State 1.00 0 0.00 bwi
CentexLion Penn State 1.00 0 0.00 bwi
sstark46 Iowa 1.00 0 0.00 HR
whejoe Iowa 1.00 0 0.00 HR
minnhawkeye Iowa 1.00 0 0.00 HR
Pokefan4life OKSU 1.00 0 0.00 34
Slushhead Penn State 1.50 0 0.00 bwi
Slushhead OKSU 0.10 0 0.00 bwi
Slushhead Iowa 0.10 0 0.00 bwi
Slushhead Minny 0.10 0 0.00 bwi
Slushhead Ohio State 0.10 0 0.00 bwi
Proud2bpokes OKSU 1.00 0 0.00 34
IAChief32 IOWA 1.00 0 0.00 HR
GantryZ Northern Illinois 5.00 0 0.00 HR
funkisfun12 Penn State 0.50 0 0.00 BWI
NYWRESTLER94 Ohio State 1.00 0 0.00 BWI
GreenmanRD Penn State 2.00 0 0.00 BWI
pawrestlersintn Penn State 1.00 0 0.00 BWI
pawrestlersintn Nebrasky 0.10 0 0.00 BWI
Herbert197 IOWA 1.00 0 0.00 HR
Bowandarrow Illinois 1.00 0 0.00 BWI
Bowandarrow Northwestern 1.00 0 0.00 BWI
Bowandarrow Princeton 1.00 0 0.00 BWI

Last edited:
Reactions: MSeil and sstark46
With all your "new" fans coming over for the post-season, maybe some of them will join in. One of those fun things where everyone is a winner (except for SPYKER from BWI, who has proven himself to be a LOSER.)

Reactions: wasdt21 and whejoe
This seems like a good time to update you all on some of the things you helped Wrestling for Life accomplish in the last 12 months. I hope it paints a picture of what your kindness means.

This weekend we are giving away tickets to the NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships. Our total for the year will rank 4th in the 11 years that we have been giving tickets to wrestling events to middle school teams, kids clubs and youth organizations.

We sent wrestling shoes and headgear to middle schools, kids clubs and Beat the Streets organizations in California, Oklahoma , Georgia, New Jersey, Illinois and Iowa. The lack of adequate gear is one of the biggest roadblocks to youth participation.

Last spring and summer we launched 2 annual wrestling camp scholarships, the Bill Bails Scholarship is targeted to middle school athletes with 2 years or less experience. The Logan Luft Scholarship is geared to middle schoolers in general. We will be adding 2 annual scholarships this year, one for middle school girls and one for special needs athletes.

You also helped us send kids to the HWC banquet, support educational outreach at the Hall of Fame's 2 locations and help grow girls wrestling.

I thank our friends from HR, BWI and 34 and Counting for your generosity. Most of all - thank you CowboyUp for putting this together.

A little early...
You donated $100.00 USD to Wrestling for Life

Donation Details
Date: March 15, 2018 at 6:52:22 AM PDT
Transaction ID: 4915-9611-0686-7616
Purpose: Wrestling For Life
Donation to: Wrestling for Life

You donated $75.00 USD to Wrestling for Life

Donation Details
Date:
March 19, 2018 at 6:01:02 AM PDT
Transaction ID:

1UC57177EF982464C

Purpose:

Wrestling For Life

Donation to:

Wrestling for Life

Donation from:

CowboyUp61

Donation amount:

$75.00 USD

Total amount of this transaction

$75.00 USD

Felt bad because of our lack of scoring, so doubled my pledge. Still proud of each Cowboy that went out and competed.

If all of the pledges come in, we will have raised $2,656.15 through this little endeavor. Don't forget to copy and paste your receipt, so you can get credit through the rules!

Reactions: MSeil
If all of the pledges come in, we will have raised $2,656.15 through this little endeavor. Don't forget to copy and paste your receipt, so you can get credit through the rules!
Can't seem to find my receipt so I posted the Transaction number. Is that enough per the rules?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT