ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling on the Ball Diamond - Awesomeness

Very unfortunate slip of the tongue. I'm sure the Slush Fund legal team just got called in for weekend.

BTW - Rick Heller and the Hawk baseball team are the best.

They are playing some exciting ball. Hopefully they can pull out the victory tonight to make the championship game. And yes, they do appear to be having a lot of f***!

These kids are having f$$. Don't let word get out, this might turn into a PSU thread!

These kids are having f$$. Don't let word get out, this might turn into a PSU thread!

Don't worry, Penn State's baseball team is terrible. I don't think they are having nearly the f** as Iowa's team. I think Cael needs to invite them to dodgeball practice to boost morale.

Reactions: andegre
Kinda an odd combination. Wrestling and Baseball. Who else on here was HS varsity in both - or crazy enough to do that in college? D Hughes was a stud in football and baseball at Iowa - but he did not mention it once today (as far as I know)

Trivia question - $200 to HWC for a correct answer. What does this photo have to do with our amazing Iowa Big Ten champ baseball team?

honky-tonk-heroes.jpg

Trivia question - $200 to HWC for a correct answer. What does this photo have to do with our amazing Iowa Big Ten champ baseball team?

honky-tonk-heroes.jpg
The only thing I have is that he did not get on a plane in Clear Lake - and the plane crashed.

All I can come up with is that one of the songs was Omaha and hopefully that's where the baseball team ends up for the CWS.

Reactions: wasdt21
Rick Hellers dad was a guitar player for a brief time with Waylons band. May be in this picture ?
honky-tonk-heroes.jpg

honky-tonk-heroes.jpg

Third from the left, a little set back on Waylon's right, is Rick Heller's father.

110case got it before "you" did. :)

What's his dad's name?

I'm missed that. Glad to hear I lost.

His dad's name is Larry Whitmore - one of my best friends. We played guitars and sang a lot over the years. Rick came down one Christmas and joined in. He passed away a little while ago.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
that's cool stuff,except for the passing away part. coach heller is a pretty well thought of coach, glad to see the hawkeyes get their first conference title.saw waylon and his wife jesse back in late 70s early 80s in iowa city, always one of my favorites.

yes i did and i did not remember how you spelled it, i just saw that ballplayers name and thought we haven't heard from toughhawk for awhile, and i'm still not over game 6 and don denkinger.

yes i did and i did not remember how you spelled it, i just saw that ballplayers name and thought we haven't heard from toughhawk for awhile, and i'm still not over game 6 and don denkinger.

Didn't realize a Whelan played for Iowa. Heck, Chris is my mom's name as well.

Still read forums from time to time, just have no knowledge that would help anyone :)

I see Don around from time to time. One time at a golf outing more than a few holes into the tournament I showed him my KC tattoo on my back....and if anyone has seen me golf knows it takes lots of aiming fluid!

Reactions: LaxHawk174
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT