ADVERTISEMENT

Wrong way driver in Hardin County on Hwy 20 kills 3

What a stupid stupid thing to post.
Sorry, that was insensitive. Let me try this. I hope the driver doesn't have COVID and continue killing people. Isn't that what has been said all along? Traffic deaths aren't as tragic as COVID deaths because they are 1 time events?

Sorry, that was insensitive. Let me try this. I hope the driver doesn't have COVID and continue killing people. Isn't that what has been said all along? Traffic deaths aren't as tragic as COVID deaths because they are 1 time events?
I don't know "what has been said all along" but this is just as stupid as your last post. A little girl is going to grow up without a family and the only things you have to say about it are related to covid.

SPENCER-WILLIAM-BULTMAN.jpg

On April 26, the Bremer County Sheriff’s Office stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. Further investigation led to the arrest of Spencer Bultman, age 20, from Hampton for operating while intoxicated, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

I think what I appreciate about this board is that not one person has asked....’but, were they here legally???’

Reactions: lucas80
I think what I appreciate about this board is that not one person has asked....’but, were they here legally???’
Gone/Northern/IaFB/BillyBonny... didn't see Trump in the headline, so they passed it by without opening it. Otherwise one of the would have.

Reactions: MitchLL
I don't know why I keep being surprised when this happens. It seems so difficult to enter onto a highway going the wrong way, and, despite being under the influence, he's a local, so you'd think even under the influence he'd somehow navigate a road he's been on a hundred times, right?

I don't know why I keep being surprised when this happens. It seems so difficult to enter onto a highway going the wrong way, and, despite being under the influence, he's a local, so you'd think even under the influence he'd somehow navigate a road he's been on a hundred times, right?
Tough to tell. I know some folks that when they reach a certain level of drunkenness they kinda lose any grasp on reality. Including where they are at.

On April 26, the Bremer County Sheriff’s Office stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. Further investigation led to the arrest of Spencer Bultman, age 20, from Hampton for operating while intoxicated, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
I can tell you that we get many calls of vehicles going the wrong direction and it's one of the scariest calls I go on because you know if you don't catch them the outcome is going to be bad.

Last edited:
Twice in the last 6 months I've had cars almost hit me on highways head on, once by Menards on Williams Blvd and once by Ced Rel. Scary stuff

Who was the radio personality that did this a couple years ago on 218/380 near CR? Was that ever resolved?

Returning from GPC in Muscatine driving a grain semi for my farmer buddy last year, a woman in a mini van got off 92 and headed north on 61 @ Grandview the wrong way as I was coming off the ramp. I had plenty of time to stop and there was confusing construction going on there as they were widening 61 to 4 lanes...

Twice in the last 6 months I've had cars almost hit me on highways head on, once by Menards on Williams Blvd and once by Ced Rel. Scary stuff
This is why I preach you should just never drive in the passing lane on a 4 lane highway. You never know when you are in the way of someone going the wrong direction.

Yep. Mario Zubia was one of my best friends. He even failed Spanish in high school one year.

Why does it seem like the drunks almost always walk away uninjured and the other people die?

Why does it seem like the drunks almost always walk away uninjured and the other people die?
Absolutely no idea if this is true or not, but way back in high school we talked about drunk driving and were told that it happens a lot because a drunk person's body is way more relaxed in those situations. Probably not true, but it does seem like drunk folks walk away from this type of thing a lot.

If you have a cloverleaf off ramp and a normal on ramp, they can meet at the same point on the side road. Had this happen to me just across the Minnesota border on I35 a few years ago at 11Pm. Actually saw the car coming up the off ramp and was able to get over. Last I saw, the car behind me did a 360 and the offending car was in the median. Probably not hard to the take the wrong side if you are high/drunk.

The East bound entrance/exit by Kinze Manufacturing is a good example of this.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6892948,-92.0665349,1021m/data=!3m1!1e3

Last edited:

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT