ADVERTISEMENT

WTT Juniors

It's 2 guys. How do we know they didn't get hurt/sick recently? If the plan was not to wrestle they probably wouldn't have entered. could just be an unfortunate situational thing with Cass and brands personally.

It doesn’t really matter. But, I think if they wrestled, fans on here would say how it was a good thing and come up with reasons why, and if they don’t wrestle, the same fans on here will say how it’s a good thing and come up with reasons why.

It looks like cass has put on serious size. Like mentioned above it looks like that is his focus.
Due to injuries Stoll looked like he couldn't hit the weights like he wanted and it was obvious that his legs were weak. It's to bad he had all the know how but just didnt have the body. We need cass to put the time in the gym.
Brands on the other hand might be trying to win the spot. He has a lot to deal with at 157 and 165. Two studs to contend with.

It's juniors, not the Olympics. If the team has it's eyes set on toppling PSU next year, skipping this run to develop the young guys isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Case in point, Jacob Warner, has already been mentioned. He didnt exactly look fresh in the first half of the season. I know each kid is different, but I trust that the coaches have a master plan to build as many NCAA+World+Olympic champs as possible out of this group and this decision is just part of that plan. A little far fetched to think this would have much impact on recruiting.

Like anything it’s a case by case basis. Gilman looked much improved after being a bronze medalist at Juniors. It seemed to improve his confidence and he definitely appeared to be on the high end strength side for the weight. Big Cass looks be a bit more like Medium Cass. If the thought is to get him bigger, stronger I’m all for it

It looks like cass has put on serious size. Like mentioned above it looks like that is his focus.
Due to injuries Stoll looked like he couldn't hit the weights like he wanted and it was obvious that his legs were weak. It's to bad he had all the know how but just didnt have the body. We need cass to put the time in the gym.
Brands on the other hand might be trying to win the spot. He has a lot to deal with at 157 and 165. Two studs to contend with.
Putting on size and competing at HWT are not mutually exclusive, especially considering they are likely practicing. That being said, I think travel and school and practice is a lot for these guys. As long as there is a plan, stick to it. Have to be smart. Some of these guys have had a brutal wrestling schedule since grade school.

Like anything it’s a case by case basis. Gilman looked much improved after being a bronze medalist at Juniors. It seemed to improve his confidence and he definitely appeared to be on the high end strength side for the weight. Big Cass looks be a bit more like Medium Cass. If the thought is to get him bigger, stronger I’m all for it
As long as you are healthy, don’t see how it wouldn’t make one better. But, really have to be smart about stuff.

Putting on size and competing at HWT are not mutually exclusive, especially considering they are likely practicing. That being said, I think travel and school and practice is a lot for these guys. As long as there is a plan, stick to it. Have to be smart. Some of these guys have had a brutal wrestling schedule since grade school.
Wasn’t it just last year Mekhi won junior worlds? He did alright this past year.

Reactions: TarpHawk
hey i agree - i was just surprised at the number of registered p4p guys this year and thought i'd share
High school p4p?

If so did you account for the kids that are either not eligible for juniors or trying to make another age level team (cadets)?
I didn't go check but if not your post would be a little misleading if it went from 4 of 14 to 4 of 10 eligible and 4 or 5 others competing to make other teams.

From my viewpoint the trend over the last several years is that top high school talent wants to compete internationally.

Reactions: crablegs1 and MSeil
It doesn’t really matter. But, I think if they wrestled, fans on here would say how it was a good thing and come up with reasons why, and if they don’t wrestle, the same fans on here will say how it’s a good thing and come up with reasons why.
This right here. If I had to place money, it’d be on injury, unfortunately. Exposure is always a good thing except when concerning your back. I think tnt push for it and if someone isn’t competing, there’s something wrong with them physically. But who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT