ADVERTISEMENT

WTT this weekend

JohnBasedow

HR Legend
Jul 6, 2006
Looking forward to a good weekend of wrestling. It just came out that Nolf is going 74kg so that is an interesting move. I think he could fare well against IMar.

Here are my picks:

57kg- Gilman
61kg- Brewer
65kg- Zain
70kg- Green
74kg- toss up between Nolf/I-Mar but I am going to say Nolf pulls it off.
79kg- Dieringer
86kg- Mullet
92kg- Nickal
97kg- Gadson
125kg- Coon (Gable gives him a fight though)

Looking forward to a good weekend of wrestling. It just came out that Nolf is going 74kg so that is an interesting move. I think he could fare well against IMar.

Here are my picks:

57kg- Gilman
61kg- Brewer
65kg- Zain
70kg- Green
79kg- Dieringer
86kg- Mullet
92kg- Nickal
97kg- Gadson

IMar has looked really tough. Not doubting Nolf but....

IMar has looked really tough. Not doubting Nolf but....
I agree. I’m going to pick Imar, but Nolf could definitely win that match. Loved their series in college, so hopefully it’s a continuation of that.

Suriano could throw a real wrench in things if he goes.

79 should be really fun if Hall and Zahid are there. I’ll go with Ringer, but all 3 of those guys are world medalist threats.

Here are my picks:

57kg- Gilman
61kg- Brewer
65kg- Zain
70kg- Green
79kg- Dieringer
86kg- Mullet
92kg- Nickal
97kg- Gadson
That’s a very strange move. At 70 he has Green then Deakin. At 74 he has Imar then Burroughs. Must have been a tough cut?!?

That’s a very strange move. At 70 he has Green then Deakin. At 74 he has Imar then Burroughs. Must have been a tough cut?!?

Good question.

You have to assume he is going 74kg next year anyways so maybe they just reconsidered the idea of him holding 70kg for 4-5 more months rather than starting his bump up now. A tough cut could have made that decision a lot easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno95
Good question.

You have to assume he is going 74kg next year anyways so maybe they just reconsidered the idea of him holding 70kg for 4-5 more months rather than starting to his bump up now. A tough cut could have made that decision a lot easier.

Smart...maybe get to Burroughs and get a feel for him instead of facing him for the first time at trials.

Smart...maybe get to Burroughs and get a feel for him instead of facing him for the first time at trials.

Agreed. It would be incredibly valuable for Nolf to get JB in a live match before OTT. Video alone won't prepare him for the speed and power of the blast double. Got to experience it 1st hand before you can figure out how to stop/avoid it in the future.

Reactions: slushhead

Here are my picks:

57kg- Gilman
61kg- Brewer
65kg- Zain
70kg- Green
79kg- Dieringer
86kg- Mullet
92kg- Nickal
97kg- Gadson
JO at 70kg could be tough

He must have helped himself to a few scoops of David Taylors creatine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT