ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Cody is certainly a much better heel than face. I'm not sure on Hangman turning. Omega's character could use more edge to it. Think he's more ripe for it.

Yeah, the slow burn they've been doing around Hangman has been really interesting. I suspect the intention was for Hangman to turn heel, but his character in the lead up is so good, and was so over (pre-pandemic) that I think they know there's no way for him to be a true heel with that gimmick. The Omega shift is interesting as well, like maybe he turns heel instead of Hangman.

To me, however, the thing I can't really wrap my head around though, is how they can afford to turn Omega, Page or Cody heel...they're already surplus with high profile heels at the top of the roster. More than they can put together programs for.

Jericho
Brodie
MJF
Lance Archer
Brian Cage
Pac

You've already got Jericho running a program with Orange Cassidy over a jacket for God's sake. And it's only thanks to Jericho being an absolute genius that it works, but that's wrapping up. Archer's doing nothing. Pac is out for now.

If you throw Hangman, Omega and/or Cody onto that list...who the hell are they going to work with? Sure, Moxley can dance with one...and then what? You're going to bounce Darby Allin off those guys over and over? I love Darby Allin, but his "get the crap kicked out of me for 90% of the match" shtick won't hold up. Hell, he probably won't hold up given the bumps he takes.

In a vacuum turning any of those guys makes sense, but unless you are ready to elevate someone to the top of the card (Jungle Boy?), or turn a heel face, or have a pre-made top card face coming in, I don't see how you program it.

With the lack of a crowd reaction to worry about you can have a heel feud with a heel and be fine. Just as long as the program is entertaining.
Brodie Lee could try and recruit Archer. And those two can fued.

With the lack of a crowd reaction to worry about you can have a heel feud with a heel and be fine. Just as long as the program is entertaining.
Brodie Lee could try and recruit Archer. And those two can fued.

Yeah, especially if they're quasi-heels anyway. Which I think Omega, Hangman and Cody would be anyway. You could work toward an Omega-Hangman feud and they could both have heelish personas, but they're still going to be pretty over.

I think I would think about turning Cody heel, but leave Hangman and Omega as faces (with more edges to their gimmick maybe), take the tag straps off them, and send them off against the other big heels. In fact, it makes some sense to give Omega more of an edge if you're going to send him up against the likes of Brodie or Archer to make it a little more believable.

They finally did something right with Reigns. Took them about 5 yrs but better late than never.

Guessing Lana will be having some really bad lesbian story lines now.
Bad TV and Lana seem to always reunite...no clue why she was kept and Miro was cut loose, unless Vince has instituted some version of Title IX to give diva's equal opportunity.

Bad TV and Lana seem to always reunite...no clue why she was kept and Miro was cut loose, unless Vince has instituted some version of Title IX to give diva's equal opportunity.
He wants to bang her. Figures if he can keep her around there's still a chance.

Why does the WWE keep Survivor Series. From a narrative standpoint it completely destroys angles. Nobody gives a shit about brand supremacy.

Why does the WWE keep Survivor Series. From a narrative standpoint it completely destroys angles. Nobody gives a shit about brand supremacy.

A year ago it was all about promoting NXT as an equal "brand"...now they are not even on the card...

A year ago it was all about promoting NXT as an equal "brand"...now they are not even on the card...
If you wanted to give NXT some more air time it would certainly be better than seeing Lashley vs Sammy or cooling off Reign's storyline with Orton (blah)

mcafeeretires.jpg

So Drew vs Reigns it should be hard hitting at least. Guessing Sheamus gets involved and Drew starts feuding with him.

The Sting/Crow storyline with the NWO on WCW in the mid to late 90s was probably the best storyline in the history of pro wrestling. Will never forget when Hall and Nash invaded, and all that followed... Hogan turning heel, Sting going dark, etc. Was in college at the time and haven’t watching wrestling since.

Just found out that Goldberg lives in my area here in TX, Boerne area. His son Gage is a freshman in my son’s class.
Looking forward to running into him.

Is Sting planning on wrestling? His showing up is good I guess for them to pop interest, but with Taker being done, I think that was his last marketable move by getting in the ring, and that would of been hard to watch after the entrances.

The Sting/Crow storyline with the NWO on WCW in the mid to late 90s was probably the best storyline in the history of pro wrestling. Will never forget when Hall and Nash invaded, and all that followed... Hogan turning heel, Sting going dark, etc. Was in college at the time and haven’t watching wrestling since.
I would argue Austin vs. McMahon was the best storyline in my lifetime and I think history, ratings and $ would be on my side.

I grew up a WCW kid. Sting was one of my first wrestling "heroes" (though I have to admit, Kevin Nash was my favorite wrestler until Mark Jindrak showed up). I'm excited to see him. Whatever he can do, I hope he does.

I grew up a WCW kid. Sting was one of my first wrestling "heroes" (though I have to admit, Kevin Nash was my favorite wrestler until Mark Jindrak showed up). I'm excited to see him. Whatever he can do, I hope he does.
I grew up in the ruthless aggression era so I never really got to see WCW at its height. My favorite wrestler from the start was always Undertaker. So many of my friends when I was younger didn’t like him because he scared them and I never felt that way. Yeah he had a creepy vibe about him, but he really just was amazing in my eyes. He is the reason I even got into WWE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT