ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

I grew up in the ruthless aggression era so I never really got to see WCW at its height. My favorite wrestler from the start was always Undertaker. So many of my friends when I was younger didn’t like him because he scared them and I never felt that way. Yeah he had a creepy vibe about him, but he really just was amazing in my eyes. He is the reason I even got into WWE.
I never got into WWF until they bought out WCW so I missed out on the peak of DX. Yeah, I'd hear about it and see clips on AOL or something, but I didn't watch Raw live. I wish I wasn't so stubborn, but I loved nWo and I was super into the Wolfpac when it was around. Only time I ever watched Raw was when I was over at a friend's house for dinner and wrestling because I was the only WCW kid in my school it felt like.

Taker was the greatest 'gimmick/character' in the sport...I'm not sure I can think of anything close from a quality and longevity stand-point, he was the real total-package, had the look, gimmick and could deliver in the ring.

Omega is the new AEW champ

And will be on Impact next Tuesday???
I forgot Impact existed...Pro Wrestling USA is getting reborn...this should go well, unless Khan has already bought Impact...and even then

I forgot Impact existed...Pro Wrestling USA is getting reborn...this should go well, unless Khan has already bought Impact...and even then
saw someone on twitter say that if Khan has already bought Impact, they need to basically make it the second show and not just eat it. Can't say I disagree.

also, this is one way to get that AEW/ROH/NJPW connection rolling.

I don't think Kahn needs to buy Impact- unless he's looking for his own network as Anthem owns AXS TV

This could be the continuation of the seeds that were planted at All In...go back and look at that card...you had ROH, Impact, NWA, MLW, AAA, CMLL, NJPW plus Jericho and Mysterio on one card...

I mean, even UWN's weekly PPV has featured wrestlers from various indy federations on their card and as much as this will show just how much wrestling I watch, even Championship Wrestling from Hollywood has improved their talent pool with guys that are also on AEW Dark and the NWA...

Buckle up, this could be a wild ride...

Reactions: Cougar63
I don't think Kahn needs to buy Impact- unless he's looking for his own network as Anthem owns AXS TV

This could be the continuation of the seeds that were planted at All In...go back and look at that card...you had ROH, Impact, NWA, MLW, AAA, CMLL, NJPW plus Jericho and Mysterio on one card...

I mean, even UWN's weekly PPV has featured wrestlers from various indy federations on their card and as much as this will show just how much wrestling I watch, even Championship Wrestling from Hollywood has improved their talent pool with guys that are also on AEW Dark and the NWA...

Buckle up, this could be a wild ride...
Maybe they can pull it off, but generally egos ultimately get in the way of working agreements of this nature in the past, unless it's clear to all one person is in control of the 'booking'.

The amount of involvement would be a factor, as occassional guest shots in different territories could work, vs. full invasion type plots.

saw someone on twitter say that if Khan has already bought Impact, they need to basically make it the second show and not just eat it. Can't say I disagree.
If they can keep both profitable, then I'd agree keep them separate with some cross over.

Is there a worse character in all of pro wrestling than Eddie Kingston on AEW? He reminds me of the out of shape loud mouth sitting at the end of a bar claiming he can beat up all the other patrons.

Is there a worse character in all of pro wrestling than Eddie Kingston on AEW? He reminds me of the out of shape loud mouth sitting at the end of a bar claiming he can beat up all the other patrons.

Ha, he's one of my favorites in AEW. Guy cuts a legit heel promo.

I love Omega, the Bucks, Hangman, etc...but with the notable and BIG exception of Cody, the elite sucks on the mic. They've got great personalities, Being the Elite is clever and funny, but AEW is severely lacking in competent promos. Cody is great, MJF is great, Jericho is of course great, Mox is fine, but it's like most of these indie darlings never learned how to cut a damn promo.

It doesn't have to be elaborate or funny or overproduced...every few weeks, they give Dustin like a 30 second old school promo, and it's like a breath of fresh air. I'd make every single guy I didn't mention take mic lessons from Dustin, because what he does is so basic, and yet few of them can do it.

It's like very few of the guys that came up outside of the WWE infrastructure learned the basic skills of mic work. I'm not saying they all have to be great, but it would be nice if they were mostly just...ok. Every time they put FTR behind the mic I want to take a bathroom break...I don't know how these guys can be such amazing in ring artists, without having learned the basics of just cutting a simple promo.

So long live Eddie Kingston for me. He's one of a handful of guys in AEW that I don't want to fast forward when they pick up the mic.

Brodie Lee's passing is hitting me pretty hard.

Pretty upsetting. I watch with my 17 year old son, and he found out and came down to tell me. I don't know what to say...it's kind of part of being a wrestling fan unfortunately. But I've kind of been telling myself it's a different era, and a different promotion, and it's not like the days of these guys working 320 nights a year and being on the road 24/7 and needing to be roided up at all times. You want to believe those days of the lifestyle killing guys like flies is diminished.

But it's always going to be there to some extent, given just the sheer size of most of these men, and the physical toll on their bodies. I haven't seen the latest enough to know exactly what caused his lung problem, maybe it wasn't in any way related to wrestling, but I probably wanted to believe we wouldn't go through one of these, and that's unrealistic.

He was really peaking when he left the show, and we always had a bit of a soft spot for him being from our neck of the woods (as are Butcher and Blade and Shawn Spears). It's really hard to see him go like that.

Pretty upsetting. I watch with my 17 year old son, and he found out and came down to tell me. I don't know what to say...it's kind of part of being a wrestling fan unfortunately. But I've kind of been telling myself it's a different era, and a different promotion, and it's not like the days of these guys working 320 nights a year and being on the road 24/7 and needing to be roided up at all times. You want to believe those days of the lifestyle killing guys like flies is diminished.

But it's always going to be there to some extent, given just the sheer size of most of these men, and the physical toll on their bodies. I haven't seen the latest enough to know exactly what caused his lung problem, maybe it wasn't in any way related to wrestling, but I probably wanted to believe we wouldn't go through one of these, and that's unrealistic.

He was really peaking when he left the show, and we always had a bit of a soft spot for him being from our neck of the woods (as are Butcher and Blade and Shawn Spears). It's really hard to see him go like that.
I don't "think" it was wrestling related, but I'm not sure how wrestling could cause a lung issue, unless something happened during his last match with Cody?

The story about your 17 year old is touching, too. I watched wrestling growing up because TBS was always on in my house (braves fan) and I always saw WCW commercials, so I started to watch on TNT, but it was my grandma who refused to let people turn the channel on it when I was at her house that made me feel like it was acceptable.

No, I'm not crying...you're crying...

Reactions: Nole Lou
I didn't make it through the 10 bell salute before the tears started...

His 8 year old just killed me all night...

That was one well loved man by his peers...
I wonder if everything has really set in with his son. If so, his strength was amazing.

It's nice when the veil is pulled away and the fans have a chance to see the true behind the scenes interaction the wrestlers have with one another.

Ha, he's one of my favorites in AEW. Guy cuts a legit heel promo.

So long live Eddie Kingston for me. He's one of a handful of guys in AEW that I don't want to fast forward when they pick up the mic.

Start at the 3:45 mark for Eddie...you will never not love him again...

Good Brothers just showed up on AEW Dynamite to help Kenny Omega beat down Mox, Bucks came out to even the numbers...PSYCH! Young Bucks too sweeted Kenny and the Good Brothers.

I think this ends up with AEW buying Impact, but maybe I'm wrong.
Nah, AEW won't look to put other companies out of business. If anything, they'd rather settle for joint partnerships/working agreements.

That's kind of the way of the business (outside of WWE) nowadays.

ADVERTISEMENT