ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Brock & Reigns really drag down the quality of RAW. Their story is so played out. That and the show is 3 hours long. Rollins and Bliss are the draws for me. My issue is wrestlers aren't allowed to get over on their own Mojo Rawley is a recent example he finally starts showing some interesting characteristics and getting reactions and then the bookers job him out.

Also what is up with the singing guys? It’s a horrible live action broadway show now
Elias is great. He knows how to work a crowd.

Just at some point they are going to need to start pushing him in the ring.

He's one of the guys that creative/Vince are "stalling" for until they can come up with a proper feud (title or otherwise) to push him in.

There's a few guys like that right now (and women too). All because of Vince's obsession with Roman Reigns and Lesnar holding the title hostage.

Reactions: CJBauer
I put a Lion Tamer on my brother in 6th grade and he cried and whined to my father. I was banned from watching WWF for the rest of Lent. Never went back for anything other than nostalgia. I rewatch a Mankind match here or a Stone Cold promo there. How does the new stuff keep you up if you're older?
It's much more in-ring based storytelling nowadays, but the athletes are better and there's much more acrobatics involved than there was in the Attitude era. There's still a lot of the hardcore stuff that you saw back then, but a lot of that has been relegated.to the indie scene, and phased out by the WWE (main roster at least).

I suggest watching some NXT Takeovers if you're looking for something to regain your interested in pro wrestling.

I was out for nearly 15 years. Maybe tuned in to Raw every once in a blue moon over that time span and really got out of touch with what was happening.

Then a friend of mine recommended 2016 NXT Takover: Dallas and for a LOT of people that show, and the semi-main event in particular, between Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura reignited their interest in wrestling and the WWE.

Unfortunately, WWE never capitalized on it, continue to push their own initiative, and their creative team is full of drones that have no idea what to do if Vince McMahon doesn't specifically tell them what to do and who to push and not push, and they often muck up a lot of wrestlers' "storylines" and gimmicks.

But going back to your question.....Takeovers or pick a PPV from New Japan.

Reactions: ghost80
The problem with Elias is the gimmick is way more entertaining than his ring work. It's way more fun to watch his shtick than him being involved in a title chase. He's not like the Miz where u love to see him get beat up or Rusev where his work is so good u want him to win.
Yeah he's not the greatest in the ring, but he's also not being given a chance to "stretch his legs" so to speak in the ring (i.e. in-ring match booking). Everything he's involved in is short tweener feuds that usually transition him or his opponent from that feud to their next one.

There's no set direction and no way he can grow in the ring. He's a big physical guy. But how often do we get to see him do anything in the ring (anything that lasts more than 5-7 minutes, if that)? He's over with his gimmick, now they need to let him get over in the ring.

I put a Lion Tamer on my brother in 6th grade and he cried and whined to my father. I was banned from watching WWF for the rest of Lent. Never went back for anything other than nostalgia. I rewatch a Mankind match here or a Stone Cold promo there. How does the new stuff keep you up if you're older?
It's much more in-ring based storytelling nowadays, but the athletes are better and there's much more acrobatics involved than there was in the Attitude era. There's still a lot of the hardcore stuff that you saw back then, but a lot of that has been relegated.to the indie scene, and phased out by the WWE (main roster at least).

I suggest watching some NXT Takeovers if you're looking for something to regain your interested in pro wrestling.

I was out for nearly 15 years. Maybe tuned in to Raw every once in a blue moon over that time span and really got out of touch with what was happening.

Then a friend of mine recommended 2016 NXT Takover: Dallas and for a LOT of people that show, and the semi-main event in particular, between Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura reignited their interest in wrestling and the WWE.

Unfortunately, WWE never capitalized on it, continue to push their own initiative, and their creative team is full of drones that have no idea what to do if Vince McMahon doesn't specifically tell them what to do and who to push and not push, and they often muck up a lot of wrestlers' "storylines" and gimmicks.

But going back to your question.....Takeovers or pick a PPV from New Japan.

Oh come on...Creative managed to take one of the greatest performers on the planet with an almost limitless move set and reduce him to a Pearl Harbor (get it?)shot to the balls guy...

Oh come on...Creative managed to take one of the greatest performers on the planet with an almost limitless move set and reduce him to a Pearl Harbor (get it?)shot to the balls guy...
tenor.gif

Yeah he's not the greatest in the ring, but he's also not being given a chance to "stretch his legs" so to speak in the ring (i.e. in-ring match booking). Everything he's involved in is short tweener feuds that usually transition him or his opponent from that feud to their next one.

There's no set direction and no way he can grow in the ring. He's a big physical guy. But how often do we get to see him do anything in the ring (anything that lasts more than 5-7 minutes, if that)? He's over with his gimmick, now they need to let him get over in the ring.

He gives them a solid 15-20 mins of RAW time each week. Probably don't want to jeopardize that block of time.

What’s up with the hate for Roman reigns? It seems like he is suppose to be a good guy
I wanted to come back to this.

Lol sigh, where to begin..........(yes this is TL;DR material)

- Let's preface this by saying that the majority of the hate is towards the booking and portrayal of Roman Reigns, and not so much the wrestler, though he is not blameless.

Roman Reigns was the handpicked guy to replace John Cena once it became apparent that Daniel Bryan's concussions were a major issue, ultimately forcing him to retire (at least for 3 years).

Fans did not take kindly to the instant push that Reigns got once the Shield (Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns) broke up.

It didn't help that Reigns could not cut a decent face promo to save his life.....and really hasn't gotten a whole lot better, though there is some progress.

Reigns has been gifted multiple championship opportunities, usually against the fans' wishes of seeing other wrestlers pushed instead.

And this would be all fine and dandy, except.......Reigns is being portrayed as a face (good guy).

The WWE wants him portrayed as this lone wolf underdog superhero tough guy who makes miraculous comebacks using the leaping punch move made famous by Brad Pitt in the movie Troy, and the spear, which was popularized by WCW's Goldberg and pawned off by several other wrestlers over the years while rarely ever matching the same intensity Goldberg put into his spears (hell Edge practically cost himself his career doing the move).

But the funny thing about Reigns is.......he debuted as a heel in NXT. He wrestled an aggressive style similar to what you see other Samoan wrestlers portray particularly as heels, and he had a very condescending manner about him.

Once he got to the main roster though, they toned down his move set, relegated him to being the muscle in the Shield, and turned him face. And Vince McMahon is apparently adamant about keeping Reigns as a face despite several things he's done over the last few years that aren't very face-like (but we're still suppose to cheer him, like when Stone Cold would mouth off and flip the middle finger or stun someone just because they offended him).

And the issue with the title matches isn't just that he's undeserving, but that it's also very predictable given that the fans know that Vince is pushing him.

Everyone knew a year in advance that Reigns would main event a 4th WrestleMania in a row (yes 4 in a row, with every match getting progressively worse), and that he would face Brock Lesnar for the Universal title. Most assumed that would be his coronation, but because the WWE wants Lesnar for the name draw and they didn't know what to do with his contract, they got cold feet and kept the title on Lesnar. So fans were frustrated, but thought they would have him win at the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia.

But they went with a f*** finish and Lesnar kept the belt again, and has not defended it since April, while rarely appearing on television to build up this idea that Brock Lesnar is a bad champion, which again, goes back to poor booking......

And instead of giving the next title opportunity to someone new or someone the fans want to see (Braun Strowman or Rollins), they are giving us Reigns-Lesnar again, and now there's no scenario involving those two that will give the fans a satisfying outcome. The only way fans will embrace the match is if either Strowman or Kevin Owen's cashes in their Money In The Bank contract and steals the title. Otherwise, it will be nothing but boos like the last two matches.

Lastly, Reigns has also been a part of a few other controversial booking decisions that pissed a lot of fans off.

2015 he won the Royal Rumble in Philadelphia when the fans wanted Daniel Bryan, and WWE even sent the Rock out to try and get him over with the fans, and he was met with nothing but boos.

2016 they booked the entire Royal Rumble around Reigns defending his WWE title, ultimately losing the title to and being eliminated by Triple H........only to get it right back from him at WrestleMania 32, which saw the WWE heavily edit the crowd noise due to the booing......

And in 2017 instead of a returning Finn Balor or a debuting Samoa Joe, they have Roman enter at #30 in the Royal Rumble to another chorus of boos and giving us a pretty hilarious reaction video in the process.

And to top it off, they pissed everyone off when they had him beat the Undertaker in a god awful match at WrestleMania....which also gave us another amazing segment on the Raw after Mania the next night.

So that's a recap in a nutshell. As for my take on Reigns, when I got back into wrestling in 2016, I didn't have an opinion one way or another on Reigns, other than my initial impression without hearing him and just seeing him wrestle, was that he was a heel....only to find out he was in fact suppose to be the top face of the company.....o_O

I honestly felt kinda bad about his heat at first, until I watched his match with Kevin Owen's at that 2017 Royal Rumble where he took chair shots, went through a table, AND worst of all took brass knuckles to the face and kicked out of a cover each time. That was when it became apparent to me how ridiculous and exaggerated his push really was.

Did that answer your question?.......;)

Bottom line Reigns doesn't connect with the audience in or out of the ring. WWE continues to try & build sympathy with the stacking the deck against him angle. But that only works if you're already over.

Personally I just don't get it. Rollins can have a good match with anybody. Always hits his promos and generates the responses you want be it heel or face.

anyone else watch "All In" last night?

THAT was how you do a PPV card!

on one show they had the ROH World Champ, IWGP World Champ, NWA World Champ, and AAA World Champ...

plus a run in from Jericho...

anyone else watch "All In" last night?

THAT was how you do a PPV card!

on one show they had the ROH World Champ, IWGP World Champ, NWA World Champ, and AAA World Champ...

plus a run in from Jericho...
Cody, Lethal, and Omega matches were the highlight for me. Production was better than I expected. There really wasn't a clunker in the entire show. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Maybe set something up like the old territory days. With mixed super cards

This is how civilization dies.
According to Forbes, his net worth is $3.4 BILLION

Also, check out these crazy numbers and little known facts:

• Vincent 'Vince' McMahon is chairman and CEO of entertainment company World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which had $800 million in 2017 revenues.
  • A third generation wrestling promoter, McMahon grew up in a trailer park in North Carolina and joined his father's small wrestling company in 1972.
  • McMahon purchased the business 10 years later, transforming the World Wrestling Federation from a regional operation into an international phenomenon.
  • WWF (now called WWE) went public in 1999; today its programs are broadcast in roughly 180 countries and more than 20 languages.
  • His wife, Linda, was picked by Donald Trump to lead the U.S. Small Business Administration; she was confirmed in February 2017.

According to Forbes, his net worth is $3.4 BILLION

Also, check out these crazy numbers and little known facts:

• Vincent 'Vince' McMahon is chairman and CEO of entertainment company World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which had $800 million in 2017 revenues.
  • A third generation wrestling promoter, McMahon grew up in a trailer park in North Carolina and joined his father's small wrestling company in 1972.
  • McMahon purchased the business 10 years later, transforming the World Wrestling Federation from a regional operation into an international phenomenon.
  • WWF (now called WWE) went public in 1999; today its programs are broadcast in roughly 180 countries and more than 20 languages.
  • His wife, Linda, was picked by Donald Trump to lead the U.S. Small Business Administration; she was confirmed in February 2017.
Interesting. My post was really just about the OP failing to post pics.

Reactions: Franisdaman
As many as I say there should be, dammit.

Btw we're also getting Undertaker vs HBK at Wrestlemania. :eek:
HBK is a fitting retirement match for Undertaker, if that is the route they are going, which based on the last couple of weeks, it is.

Who else does Taker wrestle his last match with? Nobody on the current roster has any significant history with him that would do it justice.

HBK is a fitting retirement match for Undertaker, if that is the route they are going, which based on the last couple of weeks, it is.

Who else does Taker wrestle his last match with? Nobody on the current roster has any significant history with him that would do it justice.
His last match should have been Reigns. Epic start for his heel run. And he probably would draw legit face reactions by now after chasing Lesnar.

Damn...All it took to get Roman over was leukemia...

Whatever it takes. Sad thing is it was probably the only way to get him over without turning him heel.Hopefully they don't make Brock part-time champ again.

The womens revolution is just not interesting to me. I dont mind watching them wrestle, but they cannot sell a fued to me at all. Most of the time I dont even know why they are wrestling.

The Lynch/Flair fued is good even though it's miscast.
I can watch those 2 wrestle. I appreciate their in ring talent. But I have no vested interest in the story

Edit: to be fair I can also say the same for about 90 percent of the roster. Reigns is Deisel 2.0 to me. yawn.

The Roman being sick wasn't and angle, but boy howdy did they pick a hell of a time to have Ambrose turn on Rollins...lemonade out of lemons.
Dammit you beat me to it. ;)

Yeah this was as good a time as any to do what was inevitable. At least this way it was much more spontaneous and shocking.

And gotta love the crowd comments. Hey there can be "heel" fans too. :D Not all fans are suppose to cheer the good guys and they never have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT