ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Hopefully it means bigger things for both of them. Those two should be in the main event chase not secondary figures.
Dammit you beat me to it. ;)

Yeah this was as good a time as any to do what was inevitable. At least this way it was much more spontaneous and shocking.

And gotta love the crowd comments. Hey there can be "heel" fans too. :D Not all fans are suppose to cheer the good guys and they never have.
Exactly, they couldn't of scripted a better time to do this, something everyone saw coming, blind-sided us all, that crowd was legit distraught.

Brilliant, and why I still tune in.

The Roman being sick wasn't and angle, but boy howdy did they pick a hell of a time to have Ambrose turn on Rollins...lemonade out of lemons.
Dammit you beat me to it. ;)

Yeah this was as good a time as any to do what was inevitable. At least this way it was much more spontaneous and shocking.

And gotta love the crowd comments. Hey there can be "heel" fans too. :D Not all fans are suppose to cheer the good guys and they never have.

At least they weren't in Philly for Roman's announcement... I am quite sure an audible "You deserve it" chant would have been heard...

Btw, there's no way they're working the fans with Reigns' announcement. He had been in remission from leukemia since 2008, but apparently it has resurfaced.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rollins/Ambrose going on a Gargano/Ciampa like run.
Plus they have the IC title they can use to feud over.

I like that Dean was heard saying "This is what's important to you" as he throws the tag team belts at him, saying that Rollins only cares about winning titles.

WWE announced they are still having the PPV in Saudi Arabia. Cena said he isn't going. Will be interesting to see if anybody else opts out.
Linda McMahon, as many know, is an official in the Trump administration. For the optics... I seriously doubt there was any consideration for the WWE to drop out.

Linda McMahon, as many know, is an official in the Trump administration. For the optics... I seriously doubt there was any consideration for the WWE to drop out.

Naw it's always about the money. Vince owns 40 some % of the stock. The deal with the Saud's out weighs the blow back in his mind. I think it's 40 million a year for the next 10 years to push Saudi propaganda.

Naw it's always about the money. Vince owns 40 some % of the stock. The deal with the Saud's out weighs the blow back in his mind. I think it's 40 million a year for the next 10 years to push Saudi propaganda.
Then we need a Saudi version of "the Iron Shiek"!

WWE announced they are still having the PPV in Saudi Arabia. Cena said he isn't going. Will be interesting to see if anybody else opts out.
There apparently wasn't enough initial backlash from both media outlets, sponsors and the US government to scare them from going.

Of course watch them go and then everyone reactionarily chastises the WWE for going when they should've said more to force them not to go in the first place............:confused:

Reactions: tumorboy
There apparently wasn't enough initial backlash from both media outlets, sponsors and the US government to scare them from going.

Of course watch them go and then everyone reactionarily chastises the WWE for going when they should've said more to force them not to go in the first place............:confused:
Love the JBL argumennt that the best way to encourage change is to go. Saudis aren't changing anything anytime soon. WWE is only reinforcing the regimes power of money.

Never thought I'd see the day when a women is the biggest star in the WWE. Becky Lynch was the only thing on RAW worth watching.
And of course she suffers a broken nose and a concussion and can't have her match with Rousey at Survivor Series.

Nia Jax probably didn't mean to concuss her, but my guess is, in the heat of things, it looked like Jax was a little mad about the forearm shots by Becky Lynch so Jax blasted her in the face with a hard right, rather than her forearm.

WWE is already using it to get heat on Jax.

And of course she suffers a broken nose and a concussion and can't have her match with Rousey at Survivor Series.

Nia Jax probably didn't mean to concuss her, but my guess is, in the heat of things, it looked like Jax was a little mad about the forearm shots by Becky Lynch so Jax blasted her in the face with a hard right, rather than her forearm.

WWE is already using it to get heat on Jax.

Jax is going to end up like Big Show if they keep turning her every month. It's good to see them finally accept Becky as a Face, In some ways they got lucky the blood made Becky look even more of a bad ass. Becky standing at the top of the arena with a bloody smile was iconic. Save the match for a for Rumble or Mania.

Well, it's happening...someone with the bankroll to challenge Vince and the talent pool to make it work...probably not get there in 2019, but by the end of 2020 Vince will have real competition...

Welcome to the world, All Elite Wrestling...

so...HHH vs Batista at Wrestlemania in a Ric Flair on a pole match?

TVXV09R.gif

Unless Vince changes his ways or hands control to HHH, AEW is going to bury them within 5 years...
5 years is pretty generous.

Clock is ticking.......

I was being generous ;)

I mean, I am in a serious quandary for Aug 31...Iowa's opening football game or All Out in Chicago...with the late start time announced today, I can't be at both...

I was being generous ;)

I mean, I am in a serious quandary for Aug 31...Iowa's opening football game or All Out in Chicago...with the late start time announced today, I can't be at both...
DVR is your friend.

I mean....it's not my friend, per se, because I don't have it.............but it could be your friend.

I was being generous ;)

DVR is your friend.

I mean....it's not my friend, per se, because I don't have it.............but it could be your friend.

Can you imagine the crowd pop in Chicago when CM Punk walks out?

I want to experience that in person...

Unless Vince changes his ways or hands control to HHH, AEW is going to bury them within 5 years...

I hope AEW makes enough noise that WWE starts taking things seriously again. I don't see them burying WWE, they have two different audiences, but I think they can be successful and allow wrestlers to have another place to work, but it is currently ROH without the NJPW agreement.

Reactions: cozhawkfan
I hope AEW makes enough noise that WWE starts taking things seriously again. I don't see them burying WWE, they have two different audiences, but I think they can be successful and allow wrestlers to have another place to work, but it is currently ROH without the NJPW agreement.
They will have a show on TNT this fall that will be the real test. To see if they can put a quality product together. Hopefully they don't make the ECW mistake and try to grow too fast.

They will have a show on TNT this fall that will be the real test. To see if they can put a quality product together. Hopefully they don't make the ECW mistake and try to grow too fast.

AEW is ECW with a Vince level bankroll...

I remember the first time I saw a VHS tape of ECW back in 1994 and went "Whoah, what is this?" AEW is giving me the same feels...

I mean, when was the last time a WWE match made you emotional? Other than pissed or disappointed that you just sat through that crap? Watch the build up to and the Dustin/Cody match...if you didn't feel something after that match, you are probably dead...

From everything I've heard from Tony Khan, they are building this out the right way...

AEW is ECW with a Vince level bankroll...

I remember the first time I saw a VHS tape of ECW back in 1994 and went "Whoah, what is this?" AEW is giving me the same feels...

I mean, when was the last time a WWE match made you emotional? Other than pissed or disappointed that you just sat through that crap? Watch the build up to and the Dustin/Cody match...if you didn't feel something after that match, you are probably dead...

From everything I've heard from Tony Khan, they are building this out the right way...
Well my fear is trying to put a 2 hour weekly live show out the gate and too many PPV's. Doesn't sound like they'll do that less is more. I thought the last PPV was too long. Too many guys that haven't been built up yet. The ending made up for it though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT