ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

I thought it would have been awesome if CM Punk just walked out unnanounced and stood on the stage during that last segment..

Never going to happen...

However, I fully expect that on August 31/Sept 1 depending on when the match ends, as Jericho is in the ring celebrating being the inaugural AEW World Champion, we hear "Cult of Personality" hit and out strolls Punk on to the ramp...he stands there for a moment soaking in the crowd's insane pop, then sits down cross-legged on the ramp, looks up from his hoodie, and says "See you in October, Chris..." <end PPV>

And my son and I will be 2 of the marks in the crowd going nuts...

Austin was loving that. Once more chance to do his thing. Pretty fun.

Cesaro can carry anybody. This will be a squash. Dolph is enhancement talent and I would not trust Goldberg to go over 5 minutes in a match.

tenor.gif

says a lot about the current product when the two loudest pops the last couple of weeks were for bald guys from the attitude era...

AEW sold out DC in about 6 hours...even after crashing Ticketmaster's servers...WWE still hasn't sold out MSG for Raw and Smackdown...

says a lot about the current product when the two loudest pops the last couple of weeks were for bald guys from the attitude era...

AEW sold out DC in about 6 hours...even after crashing Ticketmaster's servers...WWE still hasn't sold out MSG for Raw and Smackdown...
Both the bald guys were actually built to be over and had the personality to pull it off, Austin light-years ahead of Goldberg, but that doesn't happen with the same commitment today, I doubt it happens in AEW with their biggest names running things behind the scenes...because egos.

Austin is the best the business will ever see with connecting to the audience...every time he stomps out every 4-5 years and gets the reactions he does, proves it.

The Fiend could be a game changer, hope they don't blow-it, so far they have done it perfectly...potential Taker 2.0.

That was magnificent.

All Out was a very fun night...took my son who is now a sophomore in college...our first live event together since Wrestlemania XXIV when he was 8 years old...

Once again loudest pop of the night was for a bald guy from the 90's ;)

Ladder match was insane

WWE has upped its game lately...looking forward to this fall...

Way to go Shane killing Owens character maybe he's building toward destroying Kingston's eventually.
I don't think he's killing it, they are just trying to redo the Austin/McMahon thing...just not on the same level.

Overall the last month of TV has been suprisingly different in a good way. As I've mentioned if this is because of AEW...then good for us all.

I don't think he's killing it, they are just trying to redo the Austin/McMahon thing...just not on the same level.

Overall the last month of TV has been suprisingly different in a good way. As I've mentioned if this is because of AEW...then good for us all.
Steve Austin never had to beg at Vince's feet for a fine to be reduced for over a month. Even to ask for it to be reconsidered made him look like a pussy. He did nothing for Drew's character as his heavy and he has neutered Owen's. Even after the match on SD and tapping to the ankle lock he was beating up on Owen post match. He needs to get off TV if he won't take his medicine. Vince would never be booked to physically hold his own with another wrestler.

Steve Austin never had to beg at Vince's feet for a fine to be reduced for over a month. Even to ask for it to be reconsidered made him look like a pussy. He did nothing for Drew's character as his heavy and he has neutered Owen's. Even after the match on SD and tapping to the ankle lock he was beating up on Owen post match. He needs to get off TV if he won't take his medicine. Vince would never be booked to physically hold his own with another wrestler.
Agree they are not doing it well, but that is what they are going for, KO will be fine. Shane has been booked from day one to hold his own...it's his shtick.

Yup.

Heck, even Austin's double bird would be drawing snowflake criticism on various media platforms.
He gave Styles one before a stunner on RAW. The WWE has to be PC since they go out of their way to appeal to kids.
My main issue with the WWE is the lack of creative freedom given to talent. U can write Oscar worthy scripts for workers but if they don't have a character fans identify with it falls flat.

My main issue with the WWE is the lack of creative freedom given to talent. U can write Oscar worthy scripts for workers but if they don't have a character fans identify with it falls flat.

They don't want to create superstars bigger than the company anymore...there will be no more Hogan, Rock, Austin, Punk, or Cena's from the WWE...

By the end of the year, we could have:

Monday: RAW- 3 hours live (USA Network)
Tuesday:
Wednesday: AEW- 2 hours live (TNT)
Wednesday: NXT- 2 hours live (USA Network)
Thursday: IMPACT!- 2 hours live (AXS)
Friday: Smackdown- 2 hours live (FOX)
Saturday: MLW- 1 hour taped/2 hours live (BEIN Sports)
Saturday: NJPW- 1 hour taped (AXS)
Saturday: WOW- 1 hour taped (AXS)

Plus NWA 1 hour taped (TBD) and ROH 1 hour taped (various)

That's 16 hours of wrestling each non-PPV week!!!

Reactions: pezhawk
They don't want to create superstars bigger than the company anymore...there will be no more Hogan, Rock, Austin, Punk, or Cena's from the WWE...

Tuesday:

I think the PPV model needs to be retooled. Build to 6 mega shows a year.

Tuesday:

I know where you can cut 6 hours off that.....

Tuesday:

That is comparable to when I started watching with the territories, we had an old school satellite dish, and each week I would watch Mid-South, World Class, AWA, NWA, WWF and Florida. The regional sports networks in the NE would also air live WWF house shows from MSG, Boston Garden, Philly Spectrum and the Cap Center.

That is comparable to when I started watching with the territories, we had an old school satellite dish, and each week I would watch Mid-South, World Class, AWA, NWA, WWF and Florida. The regional sports networks in the NE would also air live WWF house shows from MSG, Boston Garden, Philly Spectrum and the Cap Center.

I remember those days as well...where we lived we could pick up the Des Moines stations if we had the antennae pointed one way, Sioux City another way, and Omaha a third way...the AWA ran different "TV Shows" for the Sioux City and Omaha markets

They are doing the Wyatt/Fiend stuff so well...tonight they had upside down graphics promoting King of the Ring while Firefly Funhouse ended, it had Twitter convinced they f'd up, but at the end you knew it was all part of the story...my only concern is they job him out to Rollins off the bat.

This could be Taker 2.0....

My 9 year old walked in while the Fiend was on tv creepin on Rollins, and looked at the TV and said 'Nope' and walked out.

They are doing the Wyatt/Fiend stuff so well...tonight they had upside down graphics promoting King of the Ring while Firefly Funhouse ended, it had Twitter convinced they f'd up, but at the end you knew it was all part of the story...my only concern is they job him out to Rollins off the bat.

My 9 year old walked in while the Fiend was on tv creepin on Rollins, and looked at the TV and said 'Nope' and walked out.

I had that concern as well, but as they talked about on "Busted Open" (yes- I l listen to a daily radio show about pro wrestling while stuck in traffic before and after work) the WWE has gotten much better lately at still having the loser of the match still look strong (see Strowman vs Seth or even Rowan vs Reigns)...one suggestion was to have The Fiend beat the dog piss out of Seth at Hell in a Cell and then as he was going for the pin, have the lights go out and The Fiend disappear...

I had that concern as well, but as they talked about on "Busted Open" (yes- I l listen to a daily radio show about pro wrestling while stuck in traffic before and after work) the WWE has gotten much better lately at still having the loser of the match still look strong (see Strowman vs Seth or even Rowan vs Reigns)...one suggestion was to have The Fiend beat the dog piss out of Seth at Hell in a Cell and then as he was going for the pin, have the lights go out and The Fiend disappear...
My guess is Demon Balor will show up.

My guess is Demon Balor will show up.
I would hope they build to that eventually, but thought Balor was taking a few months off.

Also curious to see Harper unexpectedly back and with Rowen, wonder if this is related or if they keep them separate from Wyatt.

I would hope they build to that eventually, but thought Balor was taking a few months off.

Also curious to see Harper unexpectedly back and with Rowen, wonder if this is related or if they keep them separate from Wyatt.
They'll keep that separate. I can't see The Fiend working as a stable.

I hope they have a plan, but they just pissed that Rollins/Fiend HIAC match down their leg...crowd chanting AEW as you fade to black isn't ideal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT