ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

I hope they have a plan, but they just pissed that Rollins/Fiend HIAC match down their leg...crowd chanting AEW as you fade to black isn't ideal.
Yeah they botched the f*** out of that ending......

The crowd was already pro-Bray Wyatt, and they started turning as soon as they got a whiff of him possibly taking an L.

All on Vince, and he'll just be like:

tenor.gif

How do you book a disqualification in a Hell in the Cell match? Did Taker get dq throwing Mick off the top?

Wyatt should have won in a 3 minute squash.
Totally agree, not sure why they ever booked themselves into this corner...spend the next 3-4 months having the Fiend take out legends, no clue why they had him go after Rollins this soon.

Wyatt is limited in the ring vs. Taker, but this was the equivalent of HBK vs Taker in the Cell, and they had no Kane.

Why does everyone like the fiend so much? He seems like a bad bootleg of mankind/ Kane mixture.

I'm not a fan of bringing in non wrestlers and putting them in high profile angles. I'm ok with a special attraction at Mania but both Fury and the other UFC dude are months away from it and green as hell. Boring.

How is the new group doing? Have they cut into WWE at all? I think WWE was better when they had competition way back when and VKM couldn't just treat it like something to entertain him alone.

How is the new group doing? Have they cut into WWE at all? I think WWE was better when they had competition way back when and VKM couldn't just treat it like something to entertain him alone.
They did way better than NXT WWEs show running against it. AEW has only had a debut so far it was good top rate production. Too early to say how good it can be. Most of the workrate was top notch. Only one guy looked out of place.

Why does everyone like the fiend so much? He seems like a bad bootleg of mankind/ Kane mixture.
I appreciate him, because someone has honestly put thought and effort into the character vs. someone showing up for tv one night and getting something new thrown at them. It is a great evolution of the original Wyatt character and is taking that creep factor up a notch.

It's different and the Funhouse bits are original. They took a long view with the character instead of another Conga line guy.

The biggest hope for AEW I have is some criminally under used talent can make money outside the WWE instead of being stuck in enhancement talent aisle. Luke Harper, Casero, Samoa Joe, and Drew Mcrytrie all fit that profile.

So I was reading about the match this morning and Vince's reaction is that too many of his guys are still too " pro wrestling".

Has the old man lost his mind?

So I was reading about the match this morning and Vince's reaction is that too many of his guys are still too " pro wrestling".

Has the old man lost his mind?
Vince has always leaned more on entertainment factor. I've always felt he's kinda ashamed to be in the pro wrestling business. That's why he has tried to make it into sports entertainment. And thrown millions away on other ventures WBF, XFL, etc.

Vince has always leaned more on entertainment factor. I've always felt he's kinda ashamed to be in the pro wrestling business. That's why he has tried to make it into sports entertainment. And thrown millions away on other ventures WBF, XFL, etc.

source.gif

If there is one thing in pro wrestling this week you need to see is Chris Jericho's promo on AEW. Just fantastic work of putting over a new stable and separating itself from the WWE's product.

Let's rank the shows each week...

Last week
Nxt
Aew
Smackdown
Raw

This week
Aew
Nxt
Raw
Smackdown

For the week 10/14-10/20

1) AEW- Dynamite/Dark/Being the Elite
2) NWA- Power
3) NXT-
4) IMPACT- Bound for Glory
5) MLW- Fusion
6) NJPW-
7) AAA- Heroes Inmortales XIII
8) WWE- RAW
9) ROH
10) WWE- Smackdown

You watch a shit-ton of wrestling each week, what is that close to 20 hours?

Last week for me
NXT (perfect mix of talent and story lines for me)

AEW (love the freedom the guys have, but some of their talent just doesn't do it for me ex. Best Friends, Marko Stunt, just about every female wrestler)

Raw (I think they got the better talent after the draft)

Smackdown

Last week for me
NXT (perfect mix of talent and story lines for me)

AEW (love the freedom the guys have, but some of their talent just doesn't do it for me ex. Best Friends, Marko Stunt, just about every female wrestler)

Raw (I think they got the better talent after the draft)

Smackdown

The female division is really weak in AEW. AEW needs time it's awfully early plus I'm pretty sure more WWE talent will opt out sooner than later. Dash & Dawson, Rusev, Harper all real strong possibilities soon.

The female division is really weak in AEW. AEW needs time it's awfully early plus I'm pretty sure more WWE talent will opt out sooner than later. Dash & Dawson, Rusev, Harper all real strong possibilities soon.
Hadn't seen much AEW just young bucks/omega online and cody...watched the last two weeks episodes on tnt...overall good for more wrestling, ehhh...don't get the jizzfest...maybe it's simply because it's not Vince? It's an indy promotion with good production...it is so NWA without the good parts of the story of Dusty vs. the Horseman. They recreated NITRO without a Flair, Dusty, Sting, Goldberg or NWO. They have an over the hill Jericho, Cody, and the one shield member less popular than Roman...and the spotfest uggos.

Women's division is worse than GLOW, the rest...agree with Cornette, it's all flippy-monkey high-spot fest, what ever he calls it. No story, no psychology, no selling, 15 finishers and pile-drivers and they still kick-out. The one story they tried to tell ended up with someone's head in an ice cream stand...and the wwe is silly, but DDP makes it legit?

I get the appeal for an alternative, and I hope they succeed, but JR has lost his regulator on commentary, and if you want to be a big kid, quit taking shots at WWE on-air. It was good to see Justin Roberts do his thing again, always liked him.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyekid
Hadn't seen much AEW just young bucks/omega online and cody...watched the last two weeks episodes on tnt...overall good for more wrestling, ehhh...don't get the jizzfest...maybe it's simply because it's not Vince? It's an indy promotion with good production...it is so NWA without the good parts of the story of Dusty vs. the Horseman. They recreated NITRO without a Flair, Dusty, Sting, Goldberg or NWO. They have an over the hill Jericho, Cody, and the one shield member less popular than Roman...and the spotfest uggos.

Women's division is worse than GLOW, the rest...agree with Cornette, it's all flippy-monkey high-spot fest, what ever he calls it. No story, no psychology, no selling, 15 finishers and pile-drivers and they still kick-out. The one story they tried to tell ended up with someone's head in an ice cream stand...and the wwe is silly, but DDP makes it legit?

I get the appeal for an alternative, and I hope they succeed, but JR has lost his regulator on commentary, and if you want to be a big kid, quit taking shots at WWE on-air. It was good to see Justin Roberts do his thing again, always liked him.
I like the fact it has an Indy feel with better production. One of my biggest beef with the WWE is everything has to be polished. Leaves very little for something organic to happen. And if something does they tend to squash it. Best example Mojo Rawley comes out during a Conga Line gimmick wrestler and picks out a Conga Line guy and tears him a new one. Mojo has been desperately trying to find a character. He found something interesting because it tore the fourth wall. Completely ignored it the next week and Mojo again shelved.

Reactions: CJBauer

I've been to 2 AEW events live now and the one word to describe both was "fun"

The best comparison would be ECW back in the 90's, the live crowds had a similar vibe...

Yes, the big deal is it's not Vince... it's been 18 years since WCW went off the air...I'm old enough to remember the territories before Vince took over, the TV shows were mostly studio shows with stars going over jobbers, the best matches being at live events...

We are watching a new company form on a worldwide stage, that's never been done before...

And Cornette is such a carny...and he's still working you...like he has any room to criticize what someone does in the ring...who was it the Road Warriors dropped off a scaffold? Who booked an angle with a 3500 year old mummy?

I like the fact it has an Indy feel with better production. One of my biggest beef with the WWE is everything has to be polished. Leaves very little for something organic to happen. And if something does they tend to squash it. Best example Mojo Rawley comes out during a Conga Line gimmick wrestler and picks out a Conga Line guy and tears him a new one. Mojo has been desperately trying to find a character. He found something interesting because it tore the fourth wall. Completely ignored it the next week and Mojo again shelved.

Two words for you

Rusev Day

The best comparison would be ECW back in the 90's, the live crowds had a similar vibe...

Yes, the big deal is it's not Vince... it's been 18 years since WCW went off the air...I'm old enough to remember the territories before Vince took over, the TV shows were mostly studio shows with stars going over jobbers, the best matches being at live events...

We are watching a new company form on a worldwide stage, that's never been done before...

And Cornette is such a carny...and he's still working you...like he has any room to criticize what someone does in the ring...who was it the Road Warriors dropped off a scaffold? Who booked an angle with a 3500 year old mummy?
Look at the crowds half the time the WWE crowds are bored. WWE SD or RAW is booked for one person's amusement primarily. He loves Lesnar so he has to bring in another MMA guy who can't talk or work a match. Same with Fury who can't come within two feet of throwing a worked punch.

Reactions: CJBauer

I appreciate there is another company, and more opportunities for workers to make a paycheck, but after reading online reviews of everything AEW I was expecting the Steamboat/Flair trilogy from the 80's in every match with an occasional taker/hbk WM match mixed in...and it wasn't even close. They have 8 semi-legit talents and the rest is sketch, but it has the familiar voices of JR and Tony, so they make it legit/comfortable.

I amused that AEW shows get 8.5 type ratings while NXT on USA is getting 6.5 while being vastly superior.

In my opinion NXT is the best pound for pound product on the market in the US right now, and I would say they have more of the ECW vibe than AEW does.

I appreciate there is another company, and more opportunities for workers to make a paycheck, but after reading online reviews of everything AEW I was expecting the Steamboat/Flair trilogy from the 80's in every match with an occasional taker/hbk WM match mixed in...and it wasn't even close. They have 8 semi-legit talents and the rest is sketch, but it has the familiar voices of JR and Tony, so they make it legit/comfortable.

I amused that AEW shows get 8.5 type ratings while NXT on USA is getting 6.5 while being vastly superior.

In my opinion NXT is the best pound for pound product on the market in the US right now, and I would say they have more of the ECW vibe than AEW does.
NXT is a damn fine product but has been putting out a show for a few years. I'm in the camp of AEW is intriguing and shows promise. They're starting from scratch. I avoid the net nerd hype and watch what I enjoy. Four hours of NXT/AEW is way better than 5 hrs of joyless Vince TV. Without AEW there wouldn't be any NXT on cable. And if you want to get a wrestling fix you'd be forced to watch the Saudi Show hype. A cash grab where the talent doesn't care and everybody knows nothing interesting will happen. Well unless u count to 50 year olds dying in the ring figuratively/literally.

Smackdown Live is akin to ECW invading Raw many a moon ago - Danial Bryan/Adam Cole upcoming

Who says WWE is out of touch...they either intentionally planned the plane delays or just know how to roll....

If you are able...tune in now kids

Smackdown Live is akin to ECW invading Raw many a moon ago - Danial Bryan/Adam Cole upcoming

Who says WWE is out of touch...they either intentionally planned the plane delays or just know how to roll....
Which invasion? There were two. More like the one when they owned both companies. Dont worry Vince will have the ladies filming lesbian soap opera break ups in no time.

Which invasion? There were two. More like the one when they owned both companies. Dont worry Vince will have the ladies filming lesbian soap opera break ups in no time.
I get your criticism, but I'm gonna enjoy this....NXT was part of survivor series before the plane was grounded...and ciampa and cole got clean wins over miz and bryan on network tv...they took a potential terrible show and HHH'd it and exposed a bunch of people to NXT and to f' with AEW.

That is why the previous invasion didn't work...WWE never lost

Your move AEW, look forward to the next spot-monkey show...which they excel, just don't ever lose your crowd because they make your tv product...no storytelling or psychology just 15 finishers that everyone kicks out of.

Last edited:
For the week Oct 27 to Nov 2

1) WWE- Smackdown
2) IMPACT-
3) MLW- Fusion/SuperFight
4) NWA- Power
5) NXT-
6) AEW- Dynamite/Dark/Being the Elite
7) NJPW-
8) WWE- RAW
9) ROH
10) Championship Wrestling from Hollywood

For the week Oct 27 to Nov 2

1) WWE- Smackdown
2) IMPACT-
3) MLW- Fusion/SuperFight
4) NWA- Power
5) NXT-
6) AEW- Dynamite/Dark/Being the Elite
7) NJPW-
8) WWE- RAW
9) ROH
10) Championship Wrestling from Hollywood
I haven't checked MLW out, knowing my opinion on AEW, would I enjoy MLW?

I haven't checked MLW out, knowing my opinion on AEW, would I enjoy MLW?

It depends, literally, on what mix of performers you would get on a given night...

MLW does a pretty good job of mixing newcomers with veterans, and lots of contrasts in styles...they have a working agreement with AAA and Crash, so you see the luchas come through, they also seem to share talent with AEW and IMPACT so you would see a MJF, Jimmy Havoc, Brian Pillman Jr, Sami Callihan, etc from time to time--- you get some of the flippy shit but with more selling, if that makes sense...

they had their first PPV Saturday night- the Von Erichs (Kevin's kids) won the tag titles from the Dynasty (MJF and crew) and the main event was an out of control no DQ match between LA PARK (the original LaParka from WCW) and Jacob Fatu (champion- son of Tonga from WWE)...they also have guys like Austin Aries, Low-Ki, Tom Lawlor, Simon Gotch, Teddy Hart, Davey Boy Smith Jr,

Find one of the episodes on youtube and see if it's for you...

And RAW last night showed why the limitations of the invasion angle. Once the initial shock is over why care? Why should the heels and faces band together in unity. Why I'm cheer for Rowan protecting Rollins.

The way for it to work would be financial and have the Raw/SD guys say we're protecting our spots from you minor leaguers. Or unworthy hyped up Indy trash. Tear away as much of the boundaries as possible. Instead of a bunch of mid carders coming out to even the odds or whatever they typically do. Make it more about the individuals not the brands. Nobody pops over coporate speak.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT