ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Rusev would kill it in New Japan...

AEW has to be careful about the number of former WWE wrestlers that they bring in...but on the flip side, there are other legit options now: NJPW, ROH, NWA, Impact, MLW...
True but I couldn't pass a talent like Rusev up. Let's say Daniel Bryan was out there. Yeah I'd pass and I love Daniel Bryan. But i have a chub for several under or misused talents.
Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) glad to see him featured .
Rusev
Cesaro
The Revival
Heath Slater

Last edited:
True but I couldn't pass a talent like Rusev up. Let's say Daniel Bryan was out there. Yeah I'd pass and I love Daniel Bryan. But i have a chub for several under or misused talents.
Brodie Lee (Luke Harper)
Rusev
Cesaro
The Revival
Heath Slater
Cesaro is vastly underrated...like to see him elsewhere without the constraints of all that is WWE holding him down/back..

Reactions: tumorboy
Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) glad to see him featured .
Rusev
Cesaro
The Revival
Heath Slater

The Revival or as they are now known The Revolt will kill it in AEW...would love to see them swing through the NWA before AEW...

well, boys. The #SpeakingOut tag has outted a bunch of wrestlers for the POS they are. Who's the biggest name? Got to be Joey Ryan or Matt Riddle, I'd think, yeah?

Joey Ryan is no shocker. Heard rumors of being a scumbag for years.
i was firmly a joey ryan supporter, went to Bar Wrestling like 20 times when I was SoCal. Glad I did because I saw a lot of good wrestlers, but sad I was funding this dude.

Edit: also paid to see James Ellsworth (pedophile) and Douglas James, another one of these names.

i was firmly a joey ryan supporter, went to Bar Wrestling like 20 times when I was SoCal. Glad I did because I saw a lot of good wrestlers, but sad I was funding this dude.

Edit: also paid to see James Ellsworth (pedophile) and Douglas James, another one of these names.
Glad he got outted. But there are worse who are celebrated.

Reactions: Cougar63
Wow, really disappointed in what happened with Sammy Guevara. Disappointed in his joke, disappointed he derailed his career. Might be my favorite performer in AEW right now, and I think you could make the case he's been the low-key MVP of the pandemic era. Pretty upsetting.

Wow, really disappointed in what happened with Sammy Guevara. Disappointed in his joke, disappointed he derailed his career. Might be my favorite performer in AEW right now, and I think you could make the case he's been the low-key MVP of the pandemic era. Pretty upsetting.
I think Sammy can recover from it. But it kills his prev character.

I think Sammy can recover from it. But it kills his prev character.

AEW could do a storyline with this...the Inner Circle kicks him out due to the comments...says they don't need someone like that in their group...Sammy serves his real suspension...comes back as a loner looking for redemption and a 2nd chance...lots of AEW Dark matches...

AEW could do a storyline with this...the Inner Circle kicks him out due to the comments...says they don't need someone like that in their group...Sammy serves his real suspension...comes back as a loner looking for redemption and a 2nd chance...lots of AEW Dark matches...

He seemed like he was about to get a good push. I don't know how the Inner Circle can kick him out for his comments, being heels. Storyline wise it's a little dicey, they're going to have to get creative.

ironic, given his gimmick in IMPACT when this came out...

I only know him from Lucha Underground, where his gimmick was being a pervert. Part of me is like "Really, nobody knew? That's his whole persona. That's like being shocked to find out Andre the Giant was 7 ft tall. Who could know?"

On the other hand...what kind of balls does it take to be a perverted predator, and decide to literally make that your gimmick. Really?

In fact, now that I think about it, his Lucha Underground gimmick was that he was a sexual deviant AND a cop. How's that for a zeitgeist double whammy.

I know he's got a following and can work some, but I could never stand his pervert gimmick in Lucha Underground.

I only know him from Lucha Underground, where his gimmick was being a pervert. Part of me is like "Really, nobody knew? That's his whole persona. That's like being shocked to find out Andre the Giant was 7 ft tall. Who could know?"

On the other hand...what kind of balls does it take to be a perverted predator, and decide to literally make that your gimmick. Really?

In fact, now that I think about it, his Lucha Underground gimmick was that he was a sexual deviant AND a cop. How's that for a zeitgeist double whammy.

I know he's got a following and can work some, but I could never stand his pervert gimmick in Lucha Underground.
Must say, I was a mark for joey. I thought the gimmick was bred to be a heel. Just didn't realize it was a real life representation of himself. I feel bad, already thrown away my Joey Ryan t-shirt that looks like the LU logo, and I bought a couple pieces of other merch from him at Bar Wrestling I've "Kobe!"d into the trash can along with it.

Reactions: Nole Lou

The penis slam was the only thing he did that I cared for. Everything else was kinda meh to me.
Some of his stuff reminded me of the ridiculous Johnny B. Badd gimmick from WCW.

Remember the "Right to Censor " faction from the Attitude Era of WWE? Similar....

The penis slam was the only thing he did that I cared for. Everything else was kinda meh to me.
Some of his stuff reminded me of the ridiculous Johnny B. Badd gimmick from WCW.
If he wasn't all about his dick and boob plexing women, he'd just be a sleaze bag and it'd be worth it. Even if he no sold the atomic drop like he does, it would've been believable. But, he got rapey with it. Should've known.

I'd think that Cornette would be having a field day with this, if it wasn't for him and his wife making women sleep with them to get them into the business. Smh.
Corny is having a field day with going after those that made the allegations vs him and his wife, his podcast yesterday was entertaining to say the least...he of course denied that they forced anyone to do anything...but did admit his wife and he have a pretty open lifestyle.

Corny is having a field day with going after those that made the allegations vs him and his wife, his podcast yesterday was entertaining to say the least...he of course denied that they forced anyone to do anything...but did admit his wife and he have a pretty open lifestyle.
I don't know how you feel about him, but I loathe Cornette and his wrestling purism. I can't stand to listen to his podcasts, whether it's in character or not, just irritates me.

Reactions: pezhawk
I don't know how you feel about him, but I loathe Cornette and his wrestling purism. I can't stand to listen to his podcasts, whether it's in character or not, just irritates me.
I like him overall, but get your opinion. As a performer he is second only to Heenan as the best manager. I agree with many of his gripes on AEW type wrestling, he is an old school territory guy so that is his wheel-house. His takes are never half-assed and I can disagree with him and still be amused with his rant on the same topic.

I like him overall, but get your opinion. As a performer he is second only to Heenan as the best manager. I agree with many of his gripes on AEW type wrestling, he is an old school territory guy so that is his wheel-house. His takes are never half-assed and I can disagree with him and still be amused with his rant on the same topic.
I definitely understand what you mean. I enjoy being worked. Taz calling out Moxley tonight for staying at home due to Renee Young getting Covid, and calling it a "bullshit" excuse made me so mad for about thirty seconds, and when I realized what he was doing I marked out for it.

It's to the point of not being interesting again...in fact, I would rank it as the least interesting wrestling show available these days:

A) "Being the Elite" youtube series
1) Lucha Underground
2) NJPW
3) Ring of Honor
B) "All In" youtube series
4) NXT
C) "Ten Pounds of Gold" youtube series
5) Smackdown
6) MLW
7) Impact
8) RAW
You just need to wait until Triple H takes over. The stuff he’s done in NXT with McMahon overseeing has been incredible. I hope he gets full co trip of the company after Vince steps down or goes under. It will make WWE much more exciting.

You just need to wait until Triple H takes over. The stuff he’s done in NXT with McMahon overseeing has been incredible. I hope he gets full co trip of the company after Vince steps down or goes under. It will make WWE much more exciting.
Yes, this is true. Haitch seems to get what the internet wrestling community is in to and taps into the independent scene a lot, like making Ciampa arguably the greatest star of NXT considering the names that were there. Not saying he’s a seth Rollins or roman reigns, but that while they’re in nxt, Ciampa is absolutely number one to me. Followed by Shinsuke.

I don't know him as a manager really. He's a good storyteller (although I wouldn't trust him to tell the truth, ever).

I don't like his purism either, but at the same time, I appreciate old school wrestling as well. I was into Lucha Underground for a while, and some of the matches and spots were absolutely breathtaking. The angles were silly, but I liked them. However, the in-ring storytelling was all but non-existent, and pretty much nobody sold anything over the course of a match. They'd "break a guy's leg" with a sledgehammer and 10 seconds later he'd be doing a flip off the top rope like it's nothing.

Everything can't be Sammartino-Valiant to a 60 minute draw any more. These guys aren't working 350 shows a year anymore, and you have to take advantage of their athleticism and innovation. But I think you can do that, and still tell a story and have traditional wrestling elements, and at least some old-school wrestling as well.

I think the AEW does a good balance. They've got a lot of spot guys for sure, but most of them can work a full match and tell a compelling story. And they are pretty good at throwing some good old traditional matches out there. I marked the hell out for MJF-Jungle Boy wrestling a fantastic, mostly traditional match, and those guys are what, 23? I think wrestling needs that AND Darby Allin.

Ok wrestling fans you have to see the MJF promo from Dynamite last night. My God it was stellar. Everything about the production of the segment to the content was the best I've seen in a long time. MJF is an amazing heel.

Ok wrestling fans you have to see the MJF promo from Dynamite last night. My God it was stellar. Everything about the production of the segment to the content was the best I've seen in a long time. MJF is an amazing heel.

tenor.gif

I walked in after it started, but by the end, I was like...yeah, do it. Build the damn promotion around the guy. And he's shown well enough, particularly the Jungle Boy match, that he's got the in-ring goods as well.

I loved him roasting Moxley for cosplaying Stone Cold. It was both cold and true, somebody had to say it. I don't watch WWE, so Moxley doesn't come into the promotion with any residual heat for me, my reaction is purely to seeing him in AEW, and to me he's kind of meh at the top of the promotion. To me, he's cribbed the Stone Cold gimmick, but without that little element of wry humor. It's like Stone Cold if Austin took himself very, very seriously.

Obviously, he seems to be very over, so it's a me thing. Maybe because I watched the Stone Cold thing the first time around when it was fresh. But also, the Stone Cold thing worked particularly well because of his rebellion against the ever-present, all-powerful Mr. McMahon.

I guess I'm not sure what part Moxley's violent, rebellious loner plays in the context of AEW. It kind of limits the storytelling, which so far has been nothing more than a Hogan-esque title run of bringing in "monsters of the moment" for him to vanquish. Who is he rebelling against? The whole loner shtick really kind of limits the typical twists and betrayals that make angles. I thought he was fairly compelling in the context of chasing Jericho and facing the entirety of the inner circle, but his title run is fairly uninspiring since then.

I think way too much about angles and fantasy booking LOL.

The whole campaign intro into the ring was hilarious. Kissing a fake baby and shaking a supporters hand. So many inside references, Hogan, WWE, and Stone Cold all peppered in their while being unlikable has hell

Hope Starks got something extra n his paycheck from taking that skateboard with tacs attached bump. That looked painful.

Reactions: Nole Lou
Hope Starks got something extra n his paycheck from taking that skateboard with tacs attached bump. That looked painful.

Man, I hated to see that. I don't unequivocally hate hardcore stuff, but doing that spot in a basically meaningless match on a weeknight TV show with basically no context...boo. That's indy backyard shit you do to go viral.

Hardcore has its place. When I was watching Lucha Underground, they had some wonderful, brutal hardcore matches to blow off feuds, and that's what was special about hardcore/No DQ for most of the history of wrestling before ECW. It should have a context and mean something more than shock value.

I didn't like that spot, and didn't like earlier in Dynamite's run when they had arguably the greatest wrestler in the world Kenny Omega taking brutal ladder bumps from Joey freaking Janela. Drives me nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT