ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Agreed that bump should have been saved for a feud culmination on a PPV.

Last edited:
I walked in after it started, but by the end, I was like...yeah, do it. Build the damn promotion around the guy. And he's shown well enough, particularly the Jungle Boy match, that he's got the in-ring goods as well.

I loved him roasting Moxley for cosplaying Stone Cold. It was both cold and true, somebody had to say it. I don't watch WWE, so Moxley doesn't come into the promotion with any residual heat for me, my reaction is purely to seeing him in AEW, and to me he's kind of meh at the top of the promotion. To me, he's cribbed the Stone Cold gimmick, but without that little element of wry humor. It's like Stone Cold if Austin took himself very, very seriously.

Obviously, he seems to be very over, so it's a me thing. Maybe because I watched the Stone Cold thing the first time around when it was fresh. But also, the Stone Cold thing worked particularly well because of his rebellion against the ever-present, all-powerful Mr. McMahon.

I guess I'm not sure what part Moxley's violent, rebellious loner plays in the context of AEW. It kind of limits the storytelling, which so far has been nothing more than a Hogan-esque title run of bringing in "monsters of the moment" for him to vanquish. Who is he rebelling against? The whole loner shtick really kind of limits the typical twists and betrayals that make angles. I thought he was fairly compelling in the context of chasing Jericho and facing the entirety of the inner circle, but his title run is fairly uninspiring since then.

I think way too much about angles and fantasy booking LOL.
Stone Cold absolutely can attribute the rise of his character in part to his feud with Vince.

It was the perfect storm.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Stone Cold absolutely can attribute the rise of his character in part to his feud with Vince.

It was the perfect storm.

tenor.gif

BTW, any other Iowa fans on here intrigued by the possibility of Big E finally getting a singles push?

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch Smackdown this afternoon...

Love the color scheme of his new ring gear...

Like the fact they are letting him show off more of a move set...

Love the fact they let him go over with a new move, and that he tapped out Miz, as long as he doesn't job to Morrison next Friday...

Why the F does the WWE go out of their way to erase history at the broadcast position? Big E had a singles run...he's a former NXT Champ and Intercontinental Champ...

Overall, not the worst start to a push, but as always, the follow up is what counts...

We've got to develop new stars. Quick give Shane TV time. And push Lashley even harder.
I caught the last 30-40 minutes last night, and wasn't the worst tv, with Rey Jr Jr vs Rollins with Joe stepping up and the Underground with NOD 2.0 kept my interest...you didn't notice the lack of crowd in the underground as much, because you didn't expect them.

I caught the last 30-40 minutes last night, and wasn't the worst tv, with Rey Jr Jr vs Rollins with Joe stepping up and the Underground with NOD 2.0 kept my interest...you didn't notice the lack of crowd in the underground as much, because you didn't expect them.
I just don't care for Lashley at all. Dude has a personality of a turnip. Nice to see a motivated Orton. And Shasha Banks being allowed to be Shasha Banks. The rest didn't hold my attention.
Owen's character is lost. And Rollins while getting little bigger Rey over is good looks a bit stale.

I just don't care for Lashley at all. Dude has a personality of a turnip. Nice to see a motivated Orton. And Shasha Banks being allowed to be Shasha Banks. The rest didn't hold my attention.
Owen's character is lost. And Rollins while getting little bigger Rey over is good looks a bit stale.
I've never gotten Lashley's appeal aside from he is jacked...but pairing him with a mouth piece is better and shelton getting more screen time is more better.

The new stable needs to be comprised of Rusev, Slater, Ryder...other guys released. Let them go out and work other leagues...and have masked people fill in for a couple of months, build the intrigue, but when it makes sense bring them back and reveal them....

And they need to be led by Heyman.

I've never gotten Lashley's appeal aside from he is jacked...but pairing him with a mouth piece is better and shelton getting more screen time is more better.

The new stable needs to be comprised of Rusev, Slater, Ryder...other guys released. Let them go out and work other leagues...and have masked people fill in for a couple of months, build the intrigue, but when it makes sense bring them back and reveal them.
Ryder appeared on Dynamite last week. Rusev I think has had enough of the WWE.
The secret faction meh. Let it be HornSwaggle
Lashley has been given mouth pieces before and the heat never transfers to me wanting to watch him get beat.

Ryder appeared on Dynamite last week. Rusev I think has had enough of the WWE.
The secret faction meh. Let it be HornSwaggle
Lashley has been given mouth pieces before and the heat never transfers to me wanting to watch him get beat.
Ryder is in AEW on a short term gig...Slater was in TNA as well? I doubt either of those leagues are giving out long-range contracts right now, and doubt either of them would know what to do with either guy to where they wouldn't come back to the WWE. Rusev having enough of the E would fit perfectly into a faction of rabble-rousers...his wife is still there...and he works twitter better than jbo/cmac combined...it won't happen and the internet would ruin it before it could, but it would be the route I'd go with them.

Agreed don't really see the need for Ryder in AEW. Slater has kids to feed so yeah him coming back isn't an issue.
Rusev would be better off in Japan honestly and away from the WWE machine. Vince just doesn't get him.

Agreed don't really see the need for Ryder in AEW. Slater has kids to feed so yeah him coming back isn't an issue.
Rusev would be better off in Japan honestly and away from the WWE machine. Vince just doesn't get him.
The biggest issue I have with the Monday Night Wars was it killed long-term booking where they would try to pull off well thought-out angles...it was fun crash and burn tv, but now that the popularity has waned...they could benefit from getting back to planning WM's a year out.

The biggest issue I have with the Monday Night Wars was it killed long-term booking where they would try to pull off well thought-out angles...it was fun crash and burn tv, but now that the popularity has waned...they could benefit from getting back to planning WM's a year out.
I don't think they can do that following reasons.
1. Gossip leaks via writers or wrestlers.
2. Patience everything is about hot shoting a rating.
3. Too many PPV's and content needs. 7 hrs of Network/Cable TV a week.

WWE women’s wrestlers are awesome. I find them more entertaining than most of the guys. AJ Styles is top notch as well as Montez Ford for the men

I don't think they can do that following reasons.
1. Gossip leaks via writers or wrestlers.
2. Patience everything is about hot shoting a rating.
3. Too many PPV's and content needs. 7 hrs of Network/Cable TV a week.
I think the Monday Night Wars was cause for the increase of PPV's and weekly tv hours, but agree with the internet, it's pretty much impossible to keep a secret or have a surprise

but agree with the internet, it's pretty much impossible to keep a secret or have a surprise

You would have to work backwards with the premise that something will leak, have multiple outcomes/possibilities, some false leaks, and keep the real deal known to a circle of 2...

For example Edge at Royal Rumble

You would have to work backwards with the premise that something will leak, have multiple outcomes/possibilities, some false leaks, and keep the real deal known to a circle of 2...

For example Edge at Royal Rumble
Agree, but they struggle just getting decent storylines...being sneaky about it...and throwing people off the scent...I have little faith. It would be nice to see them leverage Meltzer to surprise us.

The Bisch is back...
I listen to EB's podcast and he is mesmerizing, enjoy the business aspect of what he adds. EB has something to add to a show, but it's on camera, as a DB heel. Not sure what Vince was thinking bringing him back to Smackdown to run things behind the scenes.

Can't wait to see how Meltzer buries him...lol

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
Overall, not the worst start to a push, but as always, the follow up is what counts...

Week 2 of single Big E was...meh.

A back stage interview but no match...

At least they didn't job him out...I would give him a squash match against a couple of the jobbers they have caged at ringside, but that's just me...

Oh, and WTF is Retribution? 3 midgets and 2 women? Oooh, scary...

At least they didn't job him out...I would give him a squash match against a couple of the jobbers they have caged at ringside, but that's just me...

How about the McAfee punt?

MJF going way insider on the show. Not sure if that adds anything to the angle.
Nice to see Orange get the win over Jericho. I'm sure he'll give it back at the next PPV.
The women's division is hot garbage. Might as well not even have one.

Week 3 of Big E, singles wrestler...

And he's jerkin the curtain tonight...

Nice new graphic with the 8 belts...

Hmm, E must read this thead...nice to see they let him remind us he's has solo success before...

And the hooded midgets interrupt the match...

Good to see E as a locker room leader, nice tease for a Corbin or Sheamus future fued...

Hello Abyss on WWE TV!

And we finally get the match...meh

Some good spots, too much outside shit going on for it to have any kind of continuity, but he picks up the win with his new submission move out of nowhere...

After match brough kick from Sheamus sets up his next fued..

Overall: at least he didn't job to Morrison.

Week 3 of Big E, singles wrestler...

And he's jerkin the curtain tonight...

Nice new graphic with the 8 belts...

Hmm, E must read this thead...nice to see they let him remind us he's has solo success before...

And the hooded midgets interrupt the match...

Good to see E as a locker room leader, nice tease for a Corbin or Sheamus future fued...

Hello Abyss on WWE TV!

And we finally get the match...meh

Some good spots, too much outside shit going on for it to have any kind of continuity, but he picks up the win with his new submission move out of nowhere...

After match brough kick from Sheamus sets up his next fued..

Overall: at least he didn't job to Morrison.

Week 4

Thunderdome concept is pretty cool...

Big E leads the lockerroom charge against the Midget Mob...I hate midgets...tiny people creep me out...

Sheamus is a good challenge for Big E...shows he can take on a bigger opponent...

Good back and forth, lousy booking for the finish...

A win is still a win, but a school boy roll up is pretty week... I suppose it sets up for a continuation of the feud...

Big E is also on R-Truth's Game Show on the WWE network...hilarious

Not good that he's not booked for Summerslam, but the push continues...

Good to see Brodie Lee go over strong over Cody Rhodes. Will be interesting to see what this does to their characters. Awful lot of factions in AEW.

Reactions: CJBauer
Will be interesting to see what this does to their characters. Awful lot of factions in AEW.

I predict heel turn for Cody vs the Elite...which will lead to a new version of the 4 Horsemen with FTR, Hangman and Cody...

I don't mind the factions...goes back to the territory days when all of them had them...also big in Japan and Mexico...

I predict heel turn for Cody vs the Elite...which will lead to a new version of the 4 Horsemen with FTR, Hangman and Cody...

I don't mind the factions...goes back to the territory days when all of them had them...also big in Japan and Mexico...
Cody is certainly a much better heel than face. I'm not sure on Hangman turning. Omega's character could use more edge to it. Think he's more ripe for it.

I better have internet by next Tuesday to see Cole, Balor, Ciampa and Gargano...

ADVERTISEMENT