ADVERTISEMENT

WWHD? (what would HORT do?)

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
Here's the setup: I agreed to go to a concert with a buddy. He said he would buy the tix and I would just pay him back. Stupid me didn't ask what types of tix he was planning to buy. A couple weeks later he informs me that he bought the most expensive tickets available because he really likes said band. I was thinking more middle range tix, but part of the fun is being able to go with my buddy. Fast forward to now - the most expensive tix are going on Stub Hub for about 2/3s what he paid. Would it be a dick move to simply buy my ticket from StubHub and leave him to try to sell the ticket he bought for me? (The area is standing room so I would still be able to go with him. Purposefully leaving band and costs out to avoid said thread spiraling into something else)

Here's the setup: I agreed to go to a concert with a buddy. He said he would buy the tix and I would just pay him back. Stupid me didn't ask what types of tix he was planning to buy. A couple weeks later he informs me that he bought the most expensive tickets available because he really likes said band. I was thinking more middle range tix, but part of the fun is being able to go with my buddy. Fast forward to now - the most expensive tix are going on Stub Hub for about 2/3s what he paid. Would it be a dick move to simply buy my ticket from StubHub and leave him to try to sell the ticket he bought for me? (The area is standing room so I would still be able to go with him. Purposefully leaving band and costs out to avoid said thread spiraling into something else)
Maybe not a dick move per se, but would make you look like a cheapskate Poor.

If you are comfortable wearing that mantle, go for it.

Reactions: Moral
Happened to me earlier this year. Sold some of my tickets to a friend. He found them available online for less but still paid me what we agreed to. Bought him a couple of extra cold ones at the show. Worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT